Thread: Et tu David?

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Default Et tu David?

I thought British Conservative Tories were supposed to be butt buddies with American Conservative Republicans.
    David Cameron has said that Mitt Romney had the 'unique distinction of uniting all of England against him', according to the Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.

Reports of the comment could further jeopardise the so-called 'special relationship' between the United States and Britain should Romney, the Republican nominee, win the White House in November.

Weinstein, who co-founded Miramax films and won an Oscar for producing 'Shakespeare in Love', he had personally heard the British prime minister make the dismissive remark to a group of people.

Not so special relationship: Mr Romney did not win fans during his visit to Britain in July when he publicly cast doubt on whether the country was prepared for the Olympics.

Weinstein told the BBC: 'I witnessed Prime Minister saying to a group of people, myself included, that Mitt Romney had that unique distinction of uniting all of England against him with his various remarks.

'On behalf of my love of England, I have to support the President [Barack Obama] who is anything but making faux-pas.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: Et tu David?

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
    I thought British Conservative Tories were supposed to be butt buddies with American Conservative Republicans.
    David Cameron has said that Mitt Romney had the 'unique distinction of uniting all of England against him', according to the Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.

Reports of the comment could further jeopardise the so-called 'special relationship' between the United States and Britain should Romney, the Republican nominee, win the White House in November.

Weinstein, who co-founded Miramax films and won an Oscar for producing 'Shakespeare in Love', he had personally heard the British prime minister make the dismissive remark to a group of people.

Not so special relationship: Mr Romney did not win fans during his visit to Britain in July when he publicly cast doubt on whether the country was prepared for the Olympics.

Weinstein told the BBC: 'I witnessed Prime Minister saying to a group of people, myself included, that Mitt Romney had that unique distinction of uniting all of England against him with his various remarks.

'On behalf of my love of England, I have to support the President [Barack Obama] who is anything but making faux-pas.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Is that all ya got Odey ? I'm leaving this thread totally unfulfilled

No question it's as odd as Blair/Bush...but in heaping praise on his b ball buddy Barrack, Here's what David said...

The prime minister even defended Obama’s slow progress on debt reduction: “Actually, if you look at the U.S. plans for reducing the deficit over coming years, in many ways they are actually steeper than what we’re going to be doing.”

Could somebody please get the Prime Minister the latest CBO numbers? Or the vote tally on Barry's 2 budgets? And that chuckling you hear is me laughing at Mr. Cameron, not with him. No disrespect intended, I'm simply a fan of humor.

Senior Member Professional Poster

I don't know a single person who thinks highly of David Cameron (even Tories), so I doubt many people will mind if you laugh at him OMK.

@ Odelay, British conservatives are not as right wing as American republicans. There's no reason why our PM should particularly align himself with any of your leaders other than to help with his own popularity. Romney is widely considered a bit of a douche in Britain, where as Obama is very well regarded. It would surprise me if Cameron said anything different...

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Cameron is poison. We are facing the most Conservative government ever - putting into play all manner of so-called reforms which were never outlined in the pre-eection manifesto. However I suspect if you choose Romney as your next President he'll make our lot look like liberals.

Romney the man who yesterday declared he didn't care about Americas poor - and labelled all Democrat voters as people looking for a handout.