Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default It was all supposed to be so different

It was all supposed to be so different..........

That's what you all told us. You pro Obama pro Islamists. No longer would America's mid east policy be directed by some buffoon from Texas, some cowboy. No longer would Muslim countries be given the short straw from the US. With Obama's finesse and experience it was a new era. Even Barry's speech in Cairo talked about a "New Beginning" and a religion of peace . This man with the Muslim father, the Muslim middle name who spoke to them in their language was going to change it all. This is what you proclaimed, what you assured. Dropped were the words "War on Terror" and not even a mention of Muslim extremists was permitted when Major Hassan gunned down so many of our soldiers while uttering "Allah is great". No Muslim was to be offended.
    All troops were withdrawn from Iraq much to the dismay of many who recommended a small US presence to continue the transition. Iraq's government wanted us completely gone, and we obliged.
    Even the most wanted man in the world and it's most notorious mass killer of Americans, was treated with respect after death as not to offend . A proper funeral.
    Then Mubarak gets thrown under the bus by Barry after praising him 20 months earlier. A dictator to be sure, but a friend of our government and to Israel and one who kept peace his agreements. Replaced with the Muslim Brotherhood....again you laughed off any concerns of Sharia Law and dangers to Israel. Then Gaddafi falls ....in a wave known as The Arab Spring. Barry knew what he was doing you told me. With Washington's help and our dollars, they got the governments they desired..it was all falling into place so perfectly almost as if the Chosen One was choreographing all of it from the White House.

And tonight in six different Muslim countries, US flags smolder, and our embassies burn or are invaded. Our soldiers are murdered by their Afghani counterparts . A fanatical leader works overtime in a race to get nuclear weapons, while the leader of our only real ally in the region is snubbed. Our State Department officials killed, and Administration officials apologize for a little seen video and our President raises campaign money in Las Vegas. Your Arab Spring has turned to an Autumn of hate and murder and little has changed.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Re: It was all supposed to be so different

In a rare moment of candor an MSNBC reporter speaks his mind. Perhaps since he was in Egypt, he may not have recieved the memo from MSNBC management and DNC headquarters that this was all Romeny's fault.

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

LOL. Your guy says some stupid stuff so it must be time to blame Obama. Surprised you didn't blame the media too. Could have been a two-fer.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Yawn... so Obama and the liberals in America are pro-Islamist are they OMK.

Look a little deeper you cretin.

The rage by Muslims across the Middle East is actually a manifestation of other things - and not in any respect the fault of present US policies.

Two things - one stirred up by people over there in the US. That film, promoted by the ever thoughtful Pastor jones (who already has American blood on his hands) aiding some radical ex-patriate Coptic Christians who duped a group of wannabe actors into taking part in a little film quite deliberately manufactured to provoke unthinking Muslims into anger. Yes a quite deliberately insulting provocation. If we are going to play electorial politics with this, then I wonder what gains the Repb;ican right expect from their more lunatic supporters who were involved in this stupid act.

If there is a mad dog do you go poke it with a stick. That's what Pastor jones and his pals did.

And it you knew anything about Middle Eastern politics and islam you'd also know that the US is being used to focus anger among young Muslims (primarily) in a struggle for the heart and soul of Islam - between the hard core Salafist radicals (many of whom are funded by the other main US ally in the region - Saudi Arabia) and the moderate and rather ordinary and quite sane Muslims.

Yes there is much that is wrong in the house of Islam. Much that is medieval in their outlook and the bridge building Obama has attempted may not have helped as much as all would hope, but he had a huge gulf to repair. Yes there was an unforgiveable and utterly evil attack by Muslim extremists on the US (A day of infamy). And crimes in London, Madrid and Bli by al-Queda inspired radicals. The initial response - against al-Queda in Afghanistan was correct in my view. But that was followed by an unthinking near decade of US aggression against Muslims across the region. The Salafist and Wahabist elements within Islam have used Bush and his cabal's own blunders to aid their own cause.

Your filthy slur against Obama is just that - the fact he is called Barack Hussein Obama and that his father was a Muslim is in no way relevent to his broader and enlightened outlook. It is war mongers like you who would plunge the entire region - an wider world - into world war three. Thank god your people are likely to lose the election. We need cool heads and restraint fro the US and its allies not - as Fox News were suggested - using drones to kill 400 of theirs as revenge for the death of the Ambassador and his staff. That sort of response reeks of the Nazi attacks on civilians in revenge for the worl of the resistance.

You learly beleive tht dictators should be left in place if they benefit the US. They may be bastards, but they are our bastards as a former US President remarked.

Last edited by Prospero; 09-14-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    It was all supposed to be so different..........

That's what you all told us. You pro Obama pro Islamists. No longer would America's mid east policy be directed by some buffoon from Texas, some cowboy. No longer would Muslim countries be given the short straw from the US. With Obama's finesse and experience it was a new era. Even Barry's speech in Cairo talked about a "New Beginning" and a religion of peace . This man with the Muslim father, the Muslim middle name who spoke to them in their language was going to change it all. This is what you proclaimed, what you assured. Dropped were the words "War on Terror" and not even a mention of Muslim extremists was permitted when Major Hassan gunned down so many of our soldiers while uttering "Allah is great". No Muslim was to be offended.
    All troops were withdrawn from Iraq much to the dismay of many who recommended a small US presence to continue the transition. Iraq's government wanted us completely gone, and we obliged.
    Even the most wanted man in the world and it's most notorious mass killer of Americans, was treated with respect after death as not to offend . A proper funeral.
    Then Mubarak gets thrown under the bus by Barry after praising him 20 months earlier. A dictator to be sure, but a friend of our government and to Israel and one who kept peace his agreements. Replaced with the Muslim Brotherhood....again you laughed off any concerns of Sharia Law and dangers to Israel. Then Gaddafi falls ....in a wave known as The Arab Spring. Barry knew what he was doing you told me. With Washington's help and our dollars, they got the governments they desired..it was all falling into place so perfectly almost as if the Chosen One was choreographing all of it from the White House.

And tonight in six different Muslim countries, US flags smolder, and our embassies burn or are invaded. Our soldiers are murdered by their Afghani counterparts . A fanatical leader works overtime in a race to get nuclear weapons, while the leader of our only real ally in the region is snubbed. Our State Department officials killed, and Administration officials apologize for a little seen video and our President raises campaign money in Las Vegas. Your Arab Spring has turned to an Autumn of hate and murder and little has changed.

did obama really change anything?? did he close the Guantanamo Bay detention camp?? did he stop killing innocent people with unmanned planes in Pakistan and Afghanistan? only the most foolish of us arabs took seriously his first speech to the arabs, i forgot where he was when he made it. he is just following the plan set for him same as the presidents before him, and he is doing a very good job at that too. the only intention of this so called arab spring is bringing about the "creative chaos" the US administration talked about in the past, and it working like magic. this is something President Mubarak couldn't have given the US even if he wanted to and this is why obama who appointed himself as god of the planet said mubarak must leave office now and reinforced it with a tap on the table.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bishr View Post
    did obama really change anything??
    Where do you live, Bishr?

Obama ended one war in the Middle East and he's ending the other one.
    And the number of civilians killed in action has dropped tremendously under his leadership. If Pakistan and Afghanistan would arrest terrorists, we wouldn't have to kill anybody. Over

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bishr View Post
    did obama really change anything?? did he close the Guantanamo Bay detention camp?? did he stop killing innocent people with unmanned planes in Pakistan and Afghanistan? only the most foolish of us arabs took seriously his first speech to the arabs, i forgot where he was when he made it. he is just following the plan set for him same as the presidents before him, and he is doing a very good job at that too. the only intention of this so called arab spring is bringing about the "creative chaos" the US administration talked about in the past, and it working like magic. this is something President Mubarak couldn't have given the US even if he wanted to and this is why obama who appointed himself as god of the planet said mubarak must leave office now and reinforced it with a tap on the table.
    I may disagree with your politics but I think you're a nice guy. I do. I think when it comes to the issue of detention it is much more complicated than people realize. The war against Al Qaeda is not a typical war on a typical battlefield with a prescribed beginning and end. On the other hand, our criminal justice system was not designed to try enemies fighting against U.S military forces or even agents of Al Qaeda who commit crimes within U.S borders.

The Supreme Court has held that there must be some process for those who are held in detention. They must be given notice, a hearing with a neutral decisionmaker in order to satisfy our habeas corpus requirements. These hearings are intended to determine whether someone is properly held as an agent of Al Qaeda subject to the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists. The issue is only to identity since they are properly enemies of the state. It is not the fault of the United States government that Al Qaeda still wages war against the U.S.

I tend to be more left-wing on law enforcement and surveillance policies intended to eventually prosecute individuals for crimes. But someone who attacks our forces breaks no law since they consider our people and our military an "enemy", though the term enemy combatant has been abandoned. They are held as prisoners of war. As long as there are proper procedures in place to ensure that the individuals held are affiliated with Al Qaeda, they are held until Al Qaeda surrenders. The conditions in Guantanamo are despicable, unconstitutional and torture is also despicable. I am not sure what the current conditions are there but they absolutely should be improved from what we knew they were under the Bush Administration.

To OMK< Obama did what he said he would do. It's not his fault that some people believed that his extension of hospitality to the Muslim world meant that he tolerated terrorism or would be more lenient in attacking Al Qaeda. It is reassuring that he knows who our enemies are. Al Qaeda has engaged in acts of war against our country and he has pursued them vigorously. Why shouldn't he? There's also nothing improper about apologizing for the production of that stupid movie. He did not as far as I know say that the movie killed our ambassador. So the apology (if he made one as you indicate) would be to those who were genuinely offended by its gratuitous mockery of Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Where do you live, Bishr?

Obama ended one war in the Middle East and he's ending the other one.
    And the number of civilians killed in action has dropped tremendously under his leadership. If Pakistan and Afghanistan would arrest terrorists, we wouldn't have to kill anybody. Over
    Actually, and I hate to say this, but George bush had set that date to be out of Afghanistan, but you really cannot arrest terrorists, you have to kill them, they have this annoying habit of coming back and killing us...

Think Obama's not progressive enough? Careful what you wish for!

What's Driving Anti-American Protests?

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I may disagree with your politics but I think you're a nice guy. I do. I think when it comes to the issue of detention it is much more complicated than people realize. The war against Al Qaeda is not a typical war on a typical battlefield with a prescribed beginning and end. On the other hand, our criminal justice system was not designed to try enemies fighting against U.S military forces or even agents of Al Qaeda who commit crimes within U.S borders.

The Supreme Court has held that there must be some process for those who are held in detention. They must be given notice, a hearing with a neutral decisionmaker in order to satisfy our habeas corpus requirements. These hearings are intended to determine whether someone is properly held as an agent of Al Qaeda subject to the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists. The issue is only to identity since they are properly enemies of the state. It is not the fault of the United States government that Al Qaeda still wages war against the U.S.

I tend to be more left-wing on law enforcement and surveillance policies intended to eventually prosecute individuals for crimes. But someone who attacks our forces breaks no law since they consider our people and our military an "enemy", though the term enemy combatant has been abandoned. They are held as prisoners of war. As long as there are proper procedures in place to ensure that the individuals held are affiliated with Al Qaeda, they are held until Al Qaeda surrenders. The conditions in Guantanamo are despicable, unconstitutional and torture is also despicable. I am not sure what the current conditions are there but they absolutely should be improved from what we knew they were under the Bush Administration.

To OMK< Obama did what he said he would do. It's not his fault that some people believed that his extension of hospitality to the Muslim world meant that he tolerated terrorism or would be more lenient in attacking Al Qaeda. It is reassuring that he knows who our enemies are. Al Qaeda has engaged in acts of war against our country and he has pursued them vigorously. Why shouldn't he? There's also nothing improper about apologizing for the production of that stupid movie. He did not as far as I know say that the movie killed our ambassador. So the apology (if he made one as you indicate) would be to those who were genuinely offended by its gratuitous mockery of Muslims.

hi again!

i am not pro al qaeda but i mentioned gitmo only to reinforce that obama didn't do anything new, i mean didn't he during his first campaign promise to close the facility??? the fact that he didn't says so much and not only that it was purely election rhetoric. how does the need to imprison them until al-qaeda surrenders justify the abuse they r subjected to day and night??? more importantly, how has taliban thousands of miles away from the USA posed a threat to the US national security??? is taliban the same as al-qaeda?? do u actually think the afghan people appreciate the USA/NATO operations in their country??? is the fact that just today yet another afghan soldier shot dead two more NATO soldiers knowing that he has basically no chance of surviving after that a display of appreciation for the devastation these operations have made???

when i was talking about the killings in Afghanistan and Pakistan, i wasn't talking about killing taliban members although i can't in anyway see it being justified, what i was talking about was what i said literally "innocent civilians", just like the ones mentioned in the link below and countless others so few of which USA/NATO admits to doing and says "it was just a small mistake".

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/34...lian-death.htm

how could such a crime be brushed as a small error, how would u feel if 6 children in your family get blown up at once? how do u reconcile the obvious double standard being applied to human life??? i certainly don't have an explanation.

even when we r talking about taliban members? how could urinating on the dead bodies of clearly unarmed afghan kids be justified??? what about the fact that the USA created these Mujahideen in Afghanistan to combat the USSR? how many movies did Hollywood make to glorify them?? wasn't james bond in the "living daylights" helping them? wasn't john rambo in "rambo III" helping them??

i don't know why but it seems most of what i write gets turned around and misinterpreted, it is either that i can't explain what i mean or that rupert murdoch has an unbreakable grip over your minds and i am honestly not trying to be sarcastic here.