Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Post 9/11 2001 11 years since attack

Tuesday marks 11 years since terrorists attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. It was the worst terrorist attack ever on U.S. soil, and it changed completely the way the U.S. government responds to terrorist threats.
    What do you think after 11 years about World Trade Center attack?

Last edited by tsadriana; 09-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: 9/11 2001 11 years since attack

One more occurrence in which 3000 innocent persons uselessly lost their lives. It’s good that you remind us, Adriana. A very dark day in history we should never forget.
    Has the war on terror been successful? That’s another question. From various sources, it seems Al Qaeda is at least seriously disorganized. Yet the Taliban could still get back in place in Afghanistan should the West retire. Pakistan is another source of concern. And even more Iran. Can we then heal from that terrible event? I tend to think it’s obviously still too early, even after 11 years.

Senior Member Silver Poster

For me is like it was yestoday and i still cannot belleve that actualy i saw it ....Can`t even imagine the felleng of the people trapped inside ...is horroble and is not only the US affected by this,we are all affected ....All i can say after 11 years i watch this vids with the same pain ,sadness and i share the same felleng with their familys ...

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I think it's time people stopped posting "what do you think about 9/11?" after 11 yrs.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Absolutely. Every bit as painful as it was 11 years ago. Can anyone ever get closure on something so horrific? I can’t think how. It’s the brutality, the gratuitous nature of the act, the indifference with which it was achieve that you can’t get past. Yes, I too still feel for the victims, the people having to throw themselves down not to burn alive, the other crushed under the rubbles. Just horrible…

I work near the site where it happened and it is a sad reminder when I pass by and see the memoral. Yet I am happy to see the rebuilding and the Freedom Tower reaching new heights. So every 9/11 will be a humble day to reflect but we also rebuild and move forward to show that US will always get up and dust themselves off and to keep going.

We were attacked? Oh shit! Let's go bomb somebody!

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Living in NY there's constant reminders...the construction, the petty infighting regarding the memorial, friends who are NYPD and NYFD so there's hardly too many days that go by without reflection. But as the years add up, I find I'm totally capable of both love and hate. I hate what happen and who inflicted it, but I love Adriana.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Living in NY there's constant reminders...the construction, the petty infighting regarding the memorial, friends who are NYPD and NYFD so there's hardly too many days that go by without reflection. But as the years add up, I find I'm totally capable of both love and hate. I hate what happen and who inflicted it, but I love Adriana.
    Agreed. I live in LA and never have to see but you're constantly reminded in NYC. Respect. I agree that Adriana's a good gal too.