0 0%
  • Kids Crying

14 70.00%
  • Same Difference As It's All Noise

6 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default What Sounds Worse?

Dad-gum kids at the Ralph's with those little dad-gum shopping carts!!!

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Default Re: What Sounds Worse?

Crying is always worse but both can be annoying, the main thing that adults have to remember is that we were once that age too. What is crazy to me is hearing adults complain about children in public places, it's more annoying than anything a child could do. The people without kids are the worst because they have this stupid idea that if they had children things would be soooo different.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I waited until I got here to complain but I do throw a few looks at the parents in the store.

My favorite (to hate) is when the parent tells the kid that they're not going to get the new toy. So the kid starts crying and screaming, and usually the parent will go ahead and get their brat the toy just to shut them up.

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

When you don’t have kids, you construct yourself an ideal on how kids should be raised. Then, when you get to have one, you find yourself doubting you will have the capacity and the wisdom. Eventually, you find you have much more within you than you thought you had, much more patience and much more know how. And finally with time, you realize you’re just human and that in the end, it’s all for the best, because your kid has to see a human being in you. Having kids requires more energy (and I mean psychological energy) than you ever thought possible; you get to deal with the crying in your own personal way, I guess.

Planes. Long-haul. I've willingly helped out women on their own with kids, but when parents abrogate their responsibility and let their darlings run riot, it's time to take a stand. The main thing is never to yell at the kid - make your point to the parents however hard that may be. If that doesn't work, trip the little fucker up next time he runs past your seat. The cabin crew will sedate them as long as the fracture isn't too bad.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Junior Poster Sulka_bewitched_me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Planes. Long-haul. I've willingly helped out women on their own with kids, but when parents abrogate their responsibility and let their darlings run riot, it's time to take a stand. The main thing is never to yell at the kid - make your point to the parents however hard that may be. If that doesn't work, trip the little fucker up next time he runs past your seat. The cabin crew will sedate them as long as the fracture isn't too bad.
    You said it bro! Too many parents think that their little "precious" is the end all and be all (and for them rightfully so) but not the rest of us. I'm so fed up with parents who think it's their "right" to inflict junior on the rest of us. Believe it or not single people have rights too and I'm also sick to death of parents who think their "rights" supplant mine. But the biggest problem nowadays imho is that parents want to be their kids "friend" or 'buddy". WRONG! Your job is to be a role model, teacher of life experiences and disciplinarian. (I'm sure Quiet Reflections will share his thoughts on this with me again lol)

Last edited by Sulka_bewitched_me; 09-08-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sulka_bewitched_me View Post
    You said it bro! Too many parents think that their little "precious" is the end all and be all (and for them rightfully so) but not the rest of us. I'm so fed up with parents who think it's their "right" to inflict junior on the rest of us. Believe it or not single people have rights too and I'm also sick to death of parents who think their "rights" supplant mine. But the biggest problem nowadays imho is that parents want to be their kids "friend" or 'buddy". WRONG! Your job is to be a role model, teacher of life experiences and disciplinarian. (I'm sure Quiet Reflections will share his thoughts on this with me again lol)
    I take no issue with this statement, you are 100 percent correct.

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections View Post
    Crying is always worse but both can be annoying, the main thing that adults have to remember is that we were once that age too. What is crazy to me is hearing adults complain about children in public places, it's more annoying than anything a child could do. The people without kids are the worst because they have this stupid idea that if they had children things would be soooo different.
    I have no kids, and I harbor no such illusions. It's why I plan on never fathering kids.