View Poll Results: Who will you be voting for?...

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney

39 42.86%
  • Barack Obama

52 57.14%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Default Re: Who will you vote for (as a registered American)?

Neither

Senior Member Junior Poster eccentricBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
    The Democrats are far from perfect but it would be interesting to see what they could do if they had control of Congress for a few years. As it is Obama probably wins but the GOP has congress and as usual they block any meaningful reform.
    Perhaps you forget that the democrats had a super majority for the first 2 years of obama's presidency. That super majority presented a multi-thousand page proposal at the 11th hour that produced "The Affordable Healthcare Act". It was passed without 1 single Republican vote. Please respectfuly keep in mind that the republicans represent 1/2 of the citizens in this country. Previous democrats who persued such a law at least had the courtesy to include ideas from the other side of the isle. Also, if none of this matters to your opinion please remember that most of the democrats who voted for it admitted to never reading it.

Obama boastfully says he didn't increase taxes yet he added a ton. For example, beginning shortly after the election there will be a 3.8% tax on the sale of any home which will go directly to obamacare.

You say you would like to see what the democrats could do with control of government, and I say that we have already seem it.

Rookie Poster

Being that no photo id was required to vote here does that mean Obama got voted twice by some people

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    numpty, bellend, gobshite... twat...

There are plenty of options! lol

[good to see ya robertlouis been up to anything exciting?]
    Sadly I've been involved in burying my wonderful brother, grieving for him and supporting his family. It's been a shit few months. He died suddenly and without any prior warning in the prime of his life, leaving a widow and two lovely sons. It's been hellish.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Sadly I've been involved in burying my wonderful brother, grieving for him and supporting his family. It's been a shit few months. He died suddenly and without any prior warning in the prime of his life, leaving a widow and two lovely sons. It's been hellish.
    I'm sorry to hear that mate - that's horrible! I have a brother and I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. I hope you're ok...

This isn't just an empty gesture, if there's anything I can do drop me a message

Quote Originally Posted by loveboof View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that mate - that's horrible! I have a brother and I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. I hope you're ok...

This isn't just an empty gesture, if there's anything I can do drop me a message
    Thank you. That's very much appreciated. We're a strong family without the issues that bedevil most - my lovely post-op girlfriend from Singapore has been welcomed warmly and with love - and my "profession" allows me to spend plenty of time with them, but if I feel that a neutral ear might help, I'll certainly be in touch. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Silver Poster

My deepest sympathies RL.

I cannot imagine what you are going through as I also have a brother whom I am very close to.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    See...there you go again. Why do you constantly misrepresent what people you don't agree with say? ROFL - THIS FROM THE GUY WHO HAS MADE THIS APPROACH HIS STOCK IN TRADE!!!

I'm glad London pulled it off, now maybe you can .... get your economy out of the toilet...you're dragging my international stock portfolio down !
    I'd like to see us get our economy back on track -even if it helps OMK's stock portfolio (let him prosper if we all prosper) . Sadly that is unlikely to happen under the present austerity cost-cutting regime of the Conservative/Liberal Democrat coaiition. And you Americans will see how very much worse the economy can get if you put the similar but even more extreme party headed by Romney back into power. Bush and his idiots had eight years to fuck your economy up really well. Obama has had only four to begin the job of mending things.

So lest we forget the man who flushed the US down the toilet here he is again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	george-bush-08.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	502287  

Senior Member Silver Poster

Sorry Robert, you forget how hard life can be. I know everyone here wishes you the best.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Robert - no need for me to say more regarding your loss. You know you have my profound sympathy