Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Paul Ryan's lies

OMK, any possibility of a response from you on Ryan's mix of lies and deliberately misleading comments about the NHS?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Lie # 2. Time to jump the shark into what can only be considered lies of monumental proportion, or in other words...Nixonian Sized Lies because of the eventual impact. This one because of the amount of times it was repeated, and for the disgraceful path that the Health Care Bill actually took... and all the sleazy back room buy offs and deals, the accounting gimmicks used to keep the figure under 1 billion, might go down as one of the biggest lies since Nixon told us "Your President is NOT a Crook".

I checked with Brian Lamb, and there was some sub committee hearings on CSPAN, but 99% of this bill was written by Sebelius' staff and Washington Insiders, AARP, and Big Pharma. DO we really have to relive the Corn Husker kickback...or the Louisiana Purchase...or Nancy Pelosi telling us we have to pass the bill so we can see what's in the bill. How exactly does that line up with what Barry promised over, and over and over that we would not only be a part of it....but be able to see the bill crafted? Americans were not pleased and were not fooled. Obamacare is widely unpopular for all the above reasons.

My Bullshit meter pegged at 5 piles of shit on this lie, and would have gone to 50 had I not turned it off.

http://blip.tv/episode/3071723

So you're saying on a bullshit scale of 1 to 50, this scored a 5? Sounds pretty honest and forthright to me. Glad you finally came around to supporting America.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassCat View Post
    Night is day, black is white. Orwell underestimated the modern GOP.

Note the date.
    Look...you're the same gullible dupe who fell for Hope and Change and gave us 15% real unemployment and more debt than all the other Presidents combined...so you have zero credibility no matter how many pictures you post, or Orwell referrences you make. You're just not smart enough to engage....because you're lazy and you're spoon fed...but unfortunately your vote counts as much as mine. Here's what the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said...Or do you think they have it wrong too>?? Read the fucking dates you gullible fool and stop digesting all that bilge you're being fed at those far left websites.

You clearly missed the entire larger point Ryan was attempting to make in the speech while you were busy getting the dates wrong and misleading everyone.....but keep searching for those pictures ...they're worth a thousand words. LMAO

GM Janesville plant still on standby

Tennessee site chosen instead

By Thomas Content and Joe Taschler of the Journal Sentinel
    Sept. 19, 2011

General Motors Co. has committed to reopen its idled plant in Spring Hill, Tenn., and keep its shuttered assembly plant in Janesville on standby status.
    The commitment to the former Saturn plant in Tennessee was part of a contract settlement reached late last week between GM and the United Auto Workers union.
    Since they were shut down in 2009, both the Janesville and Tennessee plants have been on standby status, meaning they were not producing vehicles, but they were not completely shut down.
    The UAW was seeking a commitment from the company to add jobs and reopen idled plants as part of talks on a new four-year contract.
    Under terms of the contract, UAW members will receive $5,000 signing bonuses and the possibility of sweeter profit-sharing checks, two people briefed on the talks told the Associated Press.
    Auto industry observer David Cole, chairman emeritus of the Ann Arbor, Mich.-based Center for Automotive Research, said it would be premature to say the Janesville plant will never reopen.
    "If we get back to any kind of a reasonable market, with 15- or 16 million sales, then I think that's going to require Janesville as well," he said.
    But the economy is recovering more slowly than people anticipated. "That's really the key factor," Cole said. "You're going to see the company be exceedingly cautious on overcapacity. And they obviously didn't need a commitment for Janesville to get the UAW's support."
    Given that Spring Hill is a much younger plant - Janesville was GM's oldest - and that the automaker had kept it open as a parts plant meant "it was only logical that was the first in line," Cole said.
    Ready, but not waiting

The Janesville plant stopped production of SUVs in 2008 and was idled in 2009 after it completed production of medium-duty trucks.
    Remaining on standby means not much has changed in Janesville. Community leaders say they would be ready if the GM plant reopened, but no one seems to be counting on that.
    "I think there are a lot of people that would love to see General Motors come back to this area and provide good quality manufacturing jobs," said Bob Borremans, executive director of the Southwest Wisconsin Workforce Development Board. "If we fit into their future and they come back, people would (welcome) that with great anticipation and open arms.
    "Do most people think something will happen? Not for the foreseeable future."
    Long-term, anything is possible, he added.
    "We don't want to dismiss anything out of hand at this point, but I don't think there's anybody really holding their breath waiting for General Motors to activate that plant again and move it to production," he said.
    The area has plenty of people looking for work.
    A new hospital being built said recently it received 6,000 applications for 350 jobs, Borremans said.
    Janesville's unemployment rate in July was 9.5% while the rate statewide was 7.7%, according to seasonally unadjusted numbers compiled by the state. Numbers for August will be released Wednesday.
    Efforts to bring job opportunities to Janesville continue, said Vic Grassman, economic development director for the city.
    "The reality is, we have some business attraction opportunities in other parts of the city. We have a lot happening," Grassman said.
    "We have four or five prospects that have received proposals from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp.," he said. "We have a 226-acre, shovel-ready certified industrial park that's ready to go. We're moving on."

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    OMK, any possibility of a response from you on Ryan's mix of lies and deliberately misleading comments about the NHS?

LMAO.....Why would it matter? Am I suppose to think you and the other libs on here would actually stop calling conservatives racists and Neanderthals and extremists long enough to engage in a reasoned discussion? Am I to think you'd have an awakening of the political sort? Not hardly....you're a bitter partisan that closed your mind to reality after you saw Obama in front of those Greek columns and no amount of proof or data...is going to open your mind. If this were a medical condition...the attending doctor would tell the nurse...."he's lost...DNR , his brain is not getting oxygen." And you're one of the worst offenders on here... so save the "let's talk" bullshit for someone else. Here's the bottom line.....last election you poured a mountain of filth on Palin on everything from her disabled kid, to her son in the military, and now your slime machine is firing on all cylinders again....because you'd rather focus on Ryan than your guy. Could anybody with an honest bone in their body not be embarrassed by that buffoon you support...Joe Biden who no one could accuse of lying because to lie assumes you know the truth. This idiot should be admitted, not out campaigning. Of course you'd rather focus on Ryan...the liberals record is abysmal, but I'm not playing that. And timing is everything......while I was writing this, I see where Biden made yet another gaffe about the number of troops KIA in Afghanistan, so it's quite obvious why you'd like to talk about Ryan. This election is about one thing, and one thing only..........Obama's record. Deal with it.

LMAO.....Why would it matter? Am I suppose to think you and the other libs on here would actually stop calling conservatives racists and Neanderthals and extremists long enough to engage in a reasoned discussion? Am I to think you'd have an awakening of the political sort? Not hardly....you're a bitter partisan that closed your mind to reality after you saw Obama in front of those Greek columns and no amount of proof or data...is going to open your mind. If this were a medical condition...the attending doctor would tell the nurse...."he's lost...DNR , his brain is not getting oxygen." And you're one of the worst offenders on here... so save the "let's talk" bullshit for someone else. Here's the bottom line.....last election you poured a mountain of filth on Palin on everything from her disabled kid, to her son in the military, and now your slime machine is firing on all cylinders again....because you'd rather focus on Ryan than your guy. Could anybody with an honest bone in their body not be embarrassed by that buffoon you support...Joe Biden who no one could accuse of lying because to lie assumes you know the truth. This idiot should be admitted, not out campaigning. Of course you'd rather focus on Ryan...the liberals record is abysmal, but I'm not playing that. And timing is everything......while I was writing this, I see where Biden made yet another gaffe about the number of troops KIA in Afghanistan, so it's quite obvious why you'd like to talk about Ryan. This election is about one thing, and one thing only..........Obama's record. Deal with it.
    That's a no then...

I ask a perfectly reasonable question in a courteous way and get a tirade. Who's avoiding a "reasoned discussion"? And are you asking me to believe that you're not a "bitter partisan" when it comes to the GOP?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

you were busy getting the dates wrong and misleading everyone.....but keep searching for those pictures ...they're worth a thousand words. LMAO
    Goddamn you're a fucking nitwit. Yes, the picture is worth a thousand words, that's why I posted it. You think every single Janesville employee who signed that 2008 banner is a member of an Obama conspiracy? You're off the rails, just like your extremist party.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Janesville.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	501403  

Lie # 3....

This just happened yesterday...it's a little "white" lie, so it's probable you'll overlook it as just campaign bluster.....oh wait...that's right you're holding Paul Ryan to a higher standard...so you should appreciate this....Here's what the chronic one said today....

“I am told that Governor Romney’s new running mate, Paul Ryan, might be around Iowa the next few days,” he said while in Council Bluffs, Iowa. “He is one of the leaders of Congress standing in the way. So if you happen to see Congressman Ryan, tell him how important this farm bill is to Iowa and our rural communities.”
    Oops....Would somebody please tweet David AxleDouch and tell him to write a better script. The House passed the Agriculture Assistance bill in August...Here's the vote count and pay attention to Ryan who voted ..."Yes".
    House passed bill on August 2, 2012 (Paul Ryan voted yes)

My Bullshit meter does not measure how big the lie is....only if it's true or false. The needle worked it's way up to 5 a little more slowly, but redlined there. Is it a lie...or just Barry off the teleprompter? Nope...Another lie Mr. President. Criminologists would instruct that 3 or more would indicate a pattern, and I'm just getting started.

Last edited by onmyknees; 09-04-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Lie # 4..........

This is a Gem....an 8000 dollar gem. The Chronic One made this statement back in 2010. In case you can't remember back to 2008, gas was on average $1.80 a gallon. So not only is he not saving us the promised 8000K a year, but his lack of an energy policy, and his restriction on drilling, we're paying 100% more for gas.

Is a distortion or exaggeration of this magnatude a lie ? (BUZZER) My Bullshit meter says it is espicially since Obama says ..."Pretty Soon". Check it out.
    Now whoever posted the foolishness of Paul Ryan
    exaggerating his finish time for a marathon some years ago.....in light of these crippling lies Barry has told...aren't you feeling a bit silly and insignificant ?

I'm getting tired of doing the NY Times job...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1Bmv75p5Ag8

Last edited by onmyknees; 09-04-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassCat View Post
    Goddamn you're a fucking nitwit. Yes, the picture is worth a thousand words, that's why I posted it. You think every single Janesville employee who signed that 2008 banner is a member of an Obama conspiracy? You're off the rails, just like your extremist party.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Janesville.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	501459  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Ryan's biggest lie is that this cooked up austerity nonsense will have any kind of positive effect on the US economy.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~