Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Default Re: Make Sure You Have Valid Photo ID!

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Sorry for calling the new guy a lemon-head.
    Is there one American who thinks Bush didn't fuck up everything he touched?
    The Republicans are trying to blame the Sun for making them look bad.
    The truth hurts if you're a Republican. Instead of voter fraud Romney should release his tax returns and show us some votee fraud.
    If you use Obama's own measuring stick on himself, we see the true fuckup. His words, how he measures Bush. So does that make Obama a quadruple fuckup since he did double the damage in half the time?

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post
    If you use Obama's own measuring stick on himself, we see the true fuckup. His words, how he measures Bush. So does that make Obama a quadruple fuckup since he did double the damage in half the time?
    Are you fuckin tellin me that Bush was a better President than Obama?

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Are you fuckin tellin me that Bush was a better President than Obama?
    What part of the wording of my post, and Obama's spoken word did you not comprehend?

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Not sure if this was covered, but I can't read back over all the posts on here...I simply don't have the stomach for that much wild speculation and opinion, so let's deal in FACTS...incontrovertible facts. In case you're reading this thread and trying to wade through some of the bullshit, opinion and scare tactics...I give you this....
    Here's what Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens ( by most accounts a moderate on the court )said about voter fraud in 2008...
    “Unfortunately, the United States has a long history of voter fraud that has been documented by historians and journalists.....confidence in the integrity of our electoral processes is essential to the functioning of our participatory democracy. Voter fraud drives honest citizens out of the democratic process and breeds distrust of our government. Voters who fear their legitimate votes will be outweighed by fraudulent ones will feel disenfranchised.”

Now opponents of vote ID laws would have you believe that Justice Stevens traded in his black robe for a white robe in an effort to hold blacks folks down, but they claim everything and everybody who holds a different view than them is racist, so that argument is pretty hollow.
    Let's continue with the FACTS....
    In the 2008 campaign, Republican Sen. Norm Coleman was running for re-election against Democrat Al Franken. It was incredibly close; on the morning after the election, after 2.9 million people had voted, Coleman led Franken by 725 votes...that's 725 votes. Attorneys went to work with recounts and challenges and after the first recount Coleman's lead was down to 206 votes. As months of court challenges and recounts were undertaken, an independent group began looking at the voting rolls. They compared criminal records with voting rolls, the group identified 1,099 felons -- all ineligible to vote -- who had voted in the Franken-Coleman race. The group took the evidence to prosecutors across the State but found they had little appetite for pursuing for several reasons...1) The law is written so that a person must "knowingly" commit voter fraud...that's a stiff burden. 2) After months of court challenges there was little appetite for more litigation. Some prosecutors did investigate, and to date 177 people have been convicted ( not charged...convicted) and another 66 await trial. That's a total of 243 people in a race ultimately decided by 312 votes !!!! We're not talking about some backwater town clerk....we're talking about the US Senate. All elections are important, but this one gave the liberals a 60 vote, veto proof majority in the Senate.
    It's not a stretch to suggest that Franken's victory was suspect, but that bullet has left the gun and there's no calling it back. That's not sour grapes, just re-read the facts. Without the 60 vote majority for the succeeding 2 years, everything changes. That's why the integrity of elections are important.
    So there's the facts....dismiss all the bullshit and phoney claims of voter suppression and racism and concentrate on the facts.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by onmyknees; 09-07-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Incontrovertible Fact: There have only been 10 documented cases of in person voter fraud in the entirety of the U.S. over the last decade.

On the other hand, mail in ballots, voter machine tempering and other forms of "misplacing" bags of completed ballots might be something to investigate. Of course picture IDs would do little to prevent that kind of fraud.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Incontrovertible Fact: There have only been 10 documented cases of in person voter fraud in the entirety of the U.S. over the last decade.

On the other hand, mail in ballots, voter machine tempering and other forms of "misplacing" bags of completed ballots might be something to investigate. Of course picture IDs would do little to prevent that kind of fraud.
    say 10 all you want, 113 in Minnesota alone.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...131782928.html

Incontrovertible Fact: Photo voter ID laws were designed to suppress the vote of the elderly, the young, the poor and the ethnic minorities.

Proof and Confession->

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Incontrovertible Fact: Photo voter ID laws were designed to suppress the vote of the elderly, the young, the poor and the ethnic minorities.

Proof and Confession->
    What happened to incontrovertible fact "only 10 cases" See Trish you dont do facts, you do hysteria.

If the Minnesota Majority says it, it's not incontrovertible.

Proof and Confession->

Last edited by trish; 09-07-2012 at 02:49 AM.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

So you're saying Justice Stevens is wrong? Then you'd better get to work because your words alone are not convincing..... Grab the next flight to Minnesota, and start scouring the court records because I'm sticking by my facts.
    Let's for the moment "assume" what you stated is correct. I thought I explained why the prosecution of such a crime is difficult. Add to the way the law is written ( implying intent, and the difficulty and cost associated proving that) additionally courts and prosecutors are overwhelmed with other crimes and criminals. Hell ...Jon Corzine wasn't indicted, but is there a sane person that doesn't think he stole millions? Is fraud any less serious if it's done through the mail than in person? There's a cure for protecting the absentee ballot process and states are working on that as well. Here's what people like you have created....get a drivers license with no valid proof of citizenship, then send in for an absentee ballot using your drivers license as "proof"of citizenship . See where this is going? Pretty soon you won't know who's legal and who's not. Oh wait....we're already there.
    It's all academic anyway. 66% of Americans favor strengthening voter security laws, but that in and of itself won't move the needle. What will change all this is when a high profile lib loses an election by a few suspect votes...(in person or otherwise) Then look the fuck out! Your side appears to be the beneficiary of the fraud, so it's really NBD to you at this point.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.