Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Make Sure You Have Valid Photo ID!

Quote Originally Posted by francisfkudrow View Post
    Usually, I just respond to other people's threads, but there's something important that needs addressed.

If you live in Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Lousiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Dakota or Tennessee and want to vote this year, make sure you have current valid photo ID, as it is now required in these states. Make sure your friends and family have ID as well.

This is especially critical if you live in one of these states that could go either way in this year's election. (Let's face it, we already know how Georgia, Kansas and Tennessee will be voting)

Also, if you live in Florida, make sure you are still registered to vote. They've been purging people from the rolls for political reasons.

Pass it along.

(Yes, this should probably go in the politics forum, but who actually goes there?)
    I would like to thank everyone for keeping this thread on the first page. Keep up the good work...and in spite of the hassle and the utter unfairness of it all, don't forget to get your voter ID asap.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    I call this bullshit. New Hampshire just passed their voter ID law, and it was blessed by the Justice Department. They will provide you with a photo ID even if you don't have any documentation ( and who the fuck doesn't have a SS Card, a birth certificate, a drivers license, a tax return...anything) but you must sign an affidavit stating you are who you say you are under penalty of perjury. If you're not willing to make that effort to vote, then you shouldn't be allowed....period. You act as if people had gone their entire lives living in a cave with no interaction with any governmental agency. Did they just step out of a time machine? They registered to vote back in the 1800's..I'm sure we can handle that now. There's a post office in nearly every town in the country. You can't get a pusedofed without an ID dude !
    Voter Fraud...what Voter Fraud? Here's 30,000 reasons why I say your take on this is bullshit...

http://www.jammiewf.com/2012/just-in...tered-to-vote/
    Well whoop-de-do. You ignore every point I made in my posts and toss up New Hampshire. Guess what? The NH law is much more reasonable than most. It does allow folks to vote without photo ID this year, giving voters an extra year to obtain photo ID. Those who vote that way will get a letter in the mail simply asking them to confirm that they voted. Other states only give provisional voters a few days to show up at the election bureau with photo ID. And wtf does the Post Office have to do with it?

As for your 30k dead people in North Carolina, so what?
    Show me concrete evidence of dead folks voting and you might have a point. The NC study didn't do that. The Bush DOJ couldn't do it. The great state of PA couldn't find any evidence of dead people voting or any other voter fraud. Don't you think they tried? It takes time to clear the deceased from the rolls anywhere in the country. Election bureaus need solid proof that someone is gone before booting them from the rolls. There's nothing sinister about that. If some poor schmuck tries to vote under a dead person's name, they must match the signature on file. If a poll worker is unsure that the sigs match, they must ask for ID.

As trish and others have shown, there is virtually no evidence of voter fraud in America. To prevent a very few possible cases, you would risk disenfranchising up to 11% of the population? How very Republican of you.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    You're right...put it on the Political Boards...as it's a political post and not a public service announcement thanks to the commentary....and while we're over there please show some proof (names, addresses, etc) of Floridians who are legit citizens, still breathing, and not felons that were purged for as you put it..."political reasons".
    Also just how will Georgia, Kansas & Tennessee be voting ? onmyknees is not the only one that saw something other than a psa to this thread .

Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

LIL Wayne is a blatant racist too! apparently you have to show a valid govt issued photo ID to win his contest. I'm sure right after the election the "disenfranchised" will be protesting him next.

http://amp.cbslocal.com/2009/07/20/l...contest-rules/

Member Rookie Poster riccadevia's Avatar

Don't be trifling mushheads people...it is the definition of common sense to have people proving who they are before they vote. If many don't have I.D.'s then guess what?! Go get one!! I bet everyone of these 'so-called' disenfranchised citizens have cable, a cell phone, internet, etc. of some combination. Get real, you need a fucking I.D. to cash your welfare check, your social security check, your food stamps...if these are the lowest among us in regards to economic prosperity then I think it's already been covered. QUIT CRYING WOLF OVER NOTHING!!! Try thinking for yourself instead of being locked into some ideology that doesn't allow you to think freely or question hypocrisy.

Senior Member Silver Poster

The reason there is no voter fraud is because there's no money in it. People don't bother to commit crimes when there's nothing to gain. -BluegassCat
    Do you know why we vote on Tuesday? Because Wednesday is Market Day, and we need time between Church on Sunday to drive our buggies to and from the polls. They should change voting day to the first Saturday and Sunday in November. Lots more WORKING PEOPLE would vote.

World Class Asshole

Umm, 'buttslinger'...your quote from BluegassCat, you would have to completely gloss over the 'gain' of winning an election by fraud, other than that minute 'gain', your quote holds water. Not to mention (don'tcha love a sentence that begins with this and then they go right to mentioning it) the power, wealth, and influence that comes along with the fraudulent, treasonous act.

Quote Originally Posted by riccadevia View Post
    Umm, 'buttslinger'...your quote from BluegassCat, you would have to completely gloss over the 'gain' of winning an election by fraud, other than that minute 'gain', your quote holds water. Not to mention (don'tcha love a sentence that begins with this and then they go right to mentioning it) the power, wealth, and influence that comes along with the fraudulent, treasonous act.
    Don't bullshit a bullshitter "Hepatitus-Face", there's not a person alive who doesn't know this is all another scam cooked up by Republican Governors to supress Democratic votes.

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Don't bullshit a bullshitter "Hepatitus-Face", there's not a person alive who doesn't know this is all another scam cooked up by Republican Governors to supress Democratic votes.

Wow, resort to name-calling now, well I guess when someone say's something without explaining it (and repeats it over and over) you should whole-heartedly agree huh? Your ideology blinds you to even recognizing common sense, very sad. Your eyes will be opened soon enough, everyone's sadly. I'm done with this conversation though, so go ahead and pick your final shots at me personally and avoid the substance of the conversation yet again. Kisses!

Last edited by riccadevia; 09-06-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riccadevia View Post
    Wow, resort to name-calling now, well I guess when someone say's something without explaining it (and repeats it over and over) you should whole-heartedly agree huh? Your ideology blinds you to even recognizing common sense, very sad. Your eyes will be opened soon enough, everyone's sadly. I'm done with this conversation though, so go ahead and pick your final shots at me personally and avoid the substance of the conversation yet again. Kisses!
    OK, nice talking to you mustard-head, kisses.

World Class Asshole