Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Default Re: Make Sure You Have Valid Photo ID!

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Almost all citizens have photo ID's, but MANY do not. It is estimated that 11% of would be voters do not have photo ID's.
    Then go get one. Not that I believe your figures and your constant quotes but just go get one. If you can get out of the house to vote, you can get to the DMV to get a photo ID. This is such bullshit it reeks. This isnt a popquiz, it's an election scheduled 4 years ago. Stop all the bullshit whining and get IDs. If the "disenfranchised" aren't mobile, go get them and shuttle them to the DMV and back. You can bus people across country for any number of causes, but you can't drive your neighbor to the DMV?

Because, bottom line that your bullshit won't address is ID laws are FAIR. As in everyone that walks up has to show an ID, regardless of race.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Then go get one.
    Yes, thanks for the reminder. EVERYONE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE WILL NOT BE SUPPRESSED BY UNFAIR VOTER LAWS.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    THERE HAVE BEEN ONLY TEN, COUNT THEM, TEN CASES OF DOCUMENTED IN PERSON VOTER FREUD FOR THE LAST DECADE.
    Did you do the research yourself or do you just automaticly expect me to swallow what ONE blog article has to say?

Since you cannot address the specific examples (that come directly from personal experience or from close friends and family) that I brought up; and you choose to doggedly cling to your liberal ideology, then I have nothing more to say to you on this issue.

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

The same dems who don't think people should have to show photo ID to be able to vote are requiring people to show photo ID to be able to attend their party.

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/09/1470...d-festivities/

What about all those "disenfranchised" obama supporters? Can you say hypocrisy?

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Last edited by trish; 09-06-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Silver Poster

In the United States of America, morons can vote but NOBODY comes between another American and the voting booth!!!

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post
    As I've said in another post, almost all adults in America have some form of government photo ID or an acceptable equivalent. You have to show ID and/or proof of residency in nearly all other facets of life ranging from opening a bank account to buying alcohol to purchasing a car.That being said, why not for voting voting? I can't speak for every State, in a neighboring State (Kansas) they've recently put into effect voter ID requirements and that State is offering to pay the cost (and even provide transportation to the license bureau) for anyone who does not have a photo ID to get one.

Your 10 cases of voter fraud - does that include the girl from Lees Summit (MO) who died in 2007 and still voted in 2008? Does that include the fictitious people that were created by Acorn workers in Jackson County, MO - most of whom voted in 2008 and 2010? Does that include the Mexicans who voted in California? Does that include the early voting tampering that oddured in Nevada? In 2006, I personally witnessed a guy from Kansas City who, by his own admission, voted at several locations in Kansas City earlier that day and he stopped by an Independence polling location (on his way home) and tried to vote there too.
    I call bullshit. The whole CON argument of 'you need ID to blah blah blah doesn't hold up. As trish has pointed out many times in this thread, reliable studies - http://www.brennancenter.org/content...stands_strong/ -show that as many as 11% of US citizens of voting age do not have photo ID. Those are the facts, so a lot of Americans are getting by without photo ID.

It's nice that Kansas and some other states are willing to help folks get ID, but are they willing to provide transport and costs to get the ID needed to get photo ID? Replacing birth certs and SS cards are where a lot of the hassle and expense comes in. Is Kansas one of those states where the local DMV is only open once in a blue moon?
    '
    'It is not so simple to obtain a government-issued ID when the nearest DMV is 30 miles away and is only open every fifth Wednesday in a month (the DMV in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month; there are only four months in 2012 that have five Wednesdays), you have no access to a vehicle and your county is so poverty stricken it has no public transportation. On top of that, you would need to request time off from work to make it to the DMV (somehow), which would cost you an entire days worth of pay (if your boss allows you to take the day off) and you may have to spare an additional $8-$20 to get your ID. On top of that, you need to provide paperwork in order to get your photo ID, which may involve an even more complicated process. If that does not seem impossible, it is at least a very difficult process to go through in order to cast your vote. It should not be so burdensome to have your voice heard in the democratic land of the free. The process is most difficult for the suffering people in this country who need their voices heard the most.
    The Brennan Center for Justice found that in two areas along the U.S.-Mexico border making up 32 counties in Texas, there are approximately 134,000 voting-age citizens. About 61 percent of them are Hispanic, which is almost twice the relative concentration of Hispanics in the rest of the state, and the poverty rate is 22.4 percent. 9 of the 11 offices in these 32 counties are open part-time (only once or twice per week). Some voters, like those in Cotulla, a small rural town in south Texas, live an hours drive from the nearest part-time ID-issuing office, and that location is often open only one day per week. The study also found that the Southeastern quadrant of Dallas County has no ID-issuing offices where there are 244,100 eligible voters: nearly 30 percent live in poverty, and 52 percent are black. By contrast, there are eight full-time offices in the rest of the county.'
    http://www.daytoncitypaper.com/debate-left-724/

Reliable links to the allegations in your second paragraph would be helpful. I'd really, really like to know how 'fictitious people created by ACORN' managed to get registered, let alone vote. Was the local election bureau asleep at the wheel? As for your buddy in Kansas City, did he somehow register in multiple places under assumed names or did he use his own identity in each place? I'd love to see how he managed that trick.

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

The reason there is no voter fraud is because there's no money in it. People don't bother to commit crimes when there's nothing to gain.
    But some people are spending millions of dollars to try to stop you from voting. Don't let their anti-democratic dirty tricks stop you. I just got my ID so I could vote and I hope everyone else does the same.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I call bullshit. The whole CON argument of 'you need ID to blah blah blah doesn't hold up. As trish has pointed out many times in this thread, reliable studies - http://www.brennancenter.org/content...stands_strong/ -show that as many as 11% of US citizens of voting age do not have photo ID. Those are the facts, so a lot of Americans are getting by without photo ID.

It's nice that Kansas and some other states are willing to help folks get ID, but are they willing to provide transport and costs to get the ID needed to get photo ID? Replacing birth certs and SS cards are where a lot of the hassle and expense comes in. Is Kansas one of those states where the local DMV is only open once in a blue moon?
    '
    'It is not so simple to obtain a government-issued ID when the nearest DMV is 30 miles away and is only open every fifth Wednesday in a month (the DMV in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month; there are only four months in 2012 that have five Wednesdays), you have no access to a vehicle and your county is so poverty stricken it has no public transportation. On top of that, you would need to request time off from work to make it to the DMV (somehow), which would cost you an entire days worth of pay (if your boss allows you to take the day off) and you may have to spare an additional $8-$20 to get your ID. On top of that, you need to provide paperwork in order to get your photo ID, which may involve an even more complicated process. If that does not seem impossible, it is at least a very difficult process to go through in order to cast your vote. It should not be so burdensome to have your voice heard in the democratic land of the free. The process is most difficult for the suffering people in this country who need their voices heard the most.
    The Brennan Center for Justice found that in two areas along the U.S.-Mexico border making up 32 counties in Texas, there are approximately 134,000 voting-age citizens. About 61 percent of them are Hispanic, which is almost twice the relative concentration of Hispanics in the rest of the state, and the poverty rate is 22.4 percent. 9 of the 11 offices in these 32 counties are open part-time (only once or twice per week). Some voters, like those in Cotulla, a small rural town in south Texas, live an hours drive from the nearest part-time ID-issuing office, and that location is often open only one day per week. The study also found that the Southeastern quadrant of Dallas County has no ID-issuing offices where there are 244,100 eligible voters: nearly 30 percent live in poverty, and 52 percent are black. By contrast, there are eight full-time offices in the rest of the county.'
    http://www.daytoncitypaper.com/debate-left-724/

Reliable links to the allegations in your second paragraph would be helpful. I'd really, really like to know how 'fictitious people created by ACORN' managed to get registered, let alone vote. Was the local election bureau asleep at the wheel? As for your buddy in Kansas City, did he somehow register in multiple places under assumed names or did he use his own identity in each place? I'd love to see how he managed that trick.
    I call this bullshit. New Hampshire just passed their voter ID law, and it was blessed by the Justice Department. They will provide you with a photo ID even if you don't have any documentation ( and who the fuck doesn't have a SS Card, a birth certificate, a drivers license, a tax return...anything) but you must sign an affidavit stating you are who you say you are under penalty of perjury. If you're not willing to make that effort to vote, then you shouldn't be allowed....period. You act as if people had gone their entire lives living in a cave with no interaction with any governmental agency. Did they just step out of a time machine? They registered to vote back in the 1800's..I'm sure we can handle that now. There's a post office in nearly every town in the country. You can't get a pusedofed without an ID dude !
    Voter Fraud...what Voter Fraud? Here's 30,000 reasons why I say your take on this is bullshit...

http://www.jammiewf.com/2012/just-in...tered-to-vote/

Senior Member Silver Poster

I personally think that jailbirds should never be allowed to vote ever again. If those pricks can't observe the laws of this great nation, they don't deserve the ballot thing. Voting is not a right, it's a privelege, right, Knees? LMAO!!!

World Class Asshole