Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Make Sure You Have Valid Photo ID!

The first thing a cop asks for when he/she pulls you over is your photo ID, and yet no outcry to protect the disenfranchised drivers. In many stores you have to show ID to purchase some video games. Once I was "carded" for buying some anti-virus software for crying out loud.
    Not every voter has a license to drive ( especially urban dwellers and the elderly). Moreover, driving is not a right nor a procedure for selecting York representative in government. Since 2000 there have been only 10 documented cases of in person voter fraud. Republican Pennsylvania representative Mike Turzai accidentally announced the very purpose of that State's voter ID law was to secure the state for Romney. He should know, he was a framer of the law. Some say voter ID laws are a solution to a non-existent problem; Turzai says they exist to solve the problem that too many democrats vote.

(thanks for the link Jericho)

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Not every voter has a license to drive ( especially urban dwellers and the elderly). Moreover, driving is not a right nor a procedure for selecting York representative in government. Since 2000 there have been only 10 documented cases of in person voter fraud. Republican Pennsylvania representative Mike Turzai accidentally announced the very purpose of that State's voter ID law was to secure the state for Romney. He should know, he was a framer of the law. Some say voter ID laws are a solution to a non-existent problem; Turzai says they exist to solve the problem that too many democrats vote.

(thanks for the link Jericho)

LMAO...remember when Brietbart's guys went to DC and asked to vote using Eric Holder's name...and were not challanged for any verification or ID ?

Voter fraud....what voter fraud? Have a look at what a local TV station in Florida discovered...Or maybe they fabricated the evidence? You have to actually look for a problem before you can find it. I have lots more examples....but what would be the point really...? You're gonna believe what you wanna believe.

#!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

maybe they fabricated the evidence?
    The follow study examined over 2000 reported cases of in person voter fraud and only found 10 cases since the year 2000.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/10981...on-voter-fraud

I suggest your local news station now examine their alleged 94 cases more thoroughly. Lots of things can look like attempts at voter fraud, especially when the investigator is biased and the alleged perpetrators are minorities (I was once prevented temporarily from embarking on a ship once because someone with my same name was already aboard. I had to satisfy them I wasn't using the name of that person and that I bought my own ticket).

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    LMAO...remember when Brietbart's guys went to DC and asked to vote using Eric Holder's name...and were not challanged for any verification or ID ?

Voter fraud....what voter fraud? Have a look at what a local TV station in Florida discovered...Or maybe they fabricated the evidence? You have to actually look for a problem before you can find it. I have lots more examples....but what would be the point really...? You're gonna believe what you wanna believe.

#!
    Once again, the old kneeler proves himself to be a liar, or just too stupid to understand voter ID laws. The Breitbart clown ran out of the polling place before he could be asked to sign his name in order to match his signature with the Eric Holder sig on file. That's why he's not in jail for voter fraud.

Any illegal who is registered to vote needed some kind of ID TO REGISTER IN THE FIRST PLACE, usually a driver's license or Social Security number. If an illegal has one of those, he can get photo ID or already has it, in the case of a driver's license. Making him show his ID at the polling place is not the way to stop him from voting. The problem there is with the voter registration process. OF COURSE someone should have to prove they are a citizen in order to register to vote or get an SS card or a license to drive. These new ID laws do not address that issue. Instead they disenfranchise the elderly, minorities, students and handicapped folks, who tend to vote Dem.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Interesting to see the message posted on the top left hand side of this little video. And it has been distributed by Alipac

http://www.alipac.us/content.php?

As Trish says - it is ON THE RECORD that there are only 10 established and confirmed cases of voter fraud since 2000.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	501683  

Quote Originally Posted by francisfkudrow View Post
    Usually, I just respond to other people's threads, but there's something important that needs addressed.

If you live in Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Lousiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Dakota or Tennessee and want to vote this year, make sure you have current valid photo ID, as it is now required in these states. Make sure your friends and family have ID as well.

This is especially critical if you live in one of these states that could go either way in this year's election. (Let's face it, we already know how Georgia, Kansas and Tennessee will be voting)

Also, if you live in Florida, make sure you are still registered to vote. They've been purging people from the rolls for political reasons.

Pass it along.

(Yes, this should probably go in the politics forum, but who actually goes there?)
    Just a reminder: If you haven't obtained your voter ID, today might be a convenient day for you to it.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Not every voter has a license to drive ( especially urban dwellers and the elderly). Moreover, driving is not a right nor a procedure for selecting York representative in government. Since 2000 there have been only 10 documented cases of in person voter fraud.
    As I've said in another post, almost all adults in America have some form of government photo ID or an acceptable equivalent. You have to show ID and/or proof of residency in nearly all other facets of life ranging from opening a bank account to buying alcohol to purchasing a car.That being said, why not for voting voting? I can't speak for every State, in a neighboring State (Kansas) they've recently put into effect voter ID requirements and that State is offering to pay the cost (and even provide transportation to the license bureau) for anyone who does not have a photo ID to get one.

Your 10 cases of voter fraud - does that include the girl from Lees Summit (MO) who died in 2007 and still voted in 2008? Does that include the fictitious people that were created by Acorn workers in Jackson County, MO - most of whom voted in 2008 and 2010? Does that include the Mexicans who voted in California? Does that include the early voting tampering that oddured in Nevada? In 2006, I personally witnessed a guy from Kansas City who, by his own admission, voted at several locations in Kansas City earlier that day and he stopped by an Independence polling location (on his way home) and tried to vote there too.

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Why don't the Republicans just throw away the votes like they did in Florida in 2000? Scalia will back them up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hanging_chad_florida.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	501707  

World Class Asshole

almost all adults in America have some form of government photo ID...
    Almost all citizens have photo ID's, but MANY do not. It is estimated that 11% of would be voters do not have photo ID's.

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion..._voter_ID.html

THERE HAVE BEEN ONLY TEN, COUNT THEM, TEN CASES OF DOCUMENTED IN PERSON VOTER FREUD FOR THE LAST DECADE. TO CLAIM OTHERWISE IN ORDER TO SUPPRESS THE VOTE IS THE REAL FRAUD. OPEN YOUR EYES. DON'T LET THEM SUPPRESS YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE. GET OUT THERE. GET YOUR IDs and VOTE.