Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Make Sure You Have Valid Photo ID!

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Are you actually making excuses for disinformation? Is disinformation is okay with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    If a billboard tells you to buy a toyota and you do, even though you can't afford it, don't need or want it. Who's fault is it?

The oldest gag...
    It's not a gag, it's a con to disenfranchise voters in the neighborhoods in which these signs were placed and where these flyers were distributed and to whom these phone calls were made. Faldur you could have just answered, "Yes, I'm making excuses for the current disinformation campaigns." And why is that? Because you know it's your party that's engaged in this despicable practice and it's your candidate who stands to gain.

Various superpacs are now engaged in a disinformation campaign (billboards in poor neighborhoods advertising the wrong date for the election, billboards in Spanish telling Latino voters in Pennsylvania they need an official ID on Election Day to vote even though the voter ID law failed in that state, calling elderly registered democrats they can vote right now on the phone etc.). Whoever your choice, make sure your vote isn't suppressed. Don't be fooled. Check the laws in your State. Be prepared to vote, and help others to do the same. Then VOTE.

Election Day is Tuesday November 6.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    And why is that? Because you know it's your party
    Actually I'm intelligent enough to know that both parties would sell there souls and children to get elected. How does someone get so blind that they refuse to look at there own sides doings. My party is a mess, one reason I am a registered independent. I hate to break it to you, but the democrats are just as broken as the republicans.

Independently formulating your own opinion, and voting at every election opportunity. If you live that there is no wrong, there is only freedom.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

The Democrats have problems (a key one of which is the total intransigence of Congress controlled by a tea party-frightened Republican majority who were prepated to force the country to its knees rather than back the President)

but the Democrats are not dedicated to bleeding the poor and cutting taxes for the rich and sorting it all out by some hypothetical formula which Romney won't even make public - nor running a man for VP who is a disciple of that prophet of selfishness and hate for the poor Ayn Rand..

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    The Democrats have problems (a key one of which is the total intransigence of Congress controlled by a tea party-frightened Republican majority who were prepated to force the country to its knees rather than back the President)

but the Democrats are not dedicated to bleeding the poor and cutting taxes for the rich and sorting it all out by some hypothetical formula which Romney won't even make public - nor running a man for VP who is a disciple of that prophet of selfishness and hate for the poor Ayn Rand..
    And the GOP says they stand for family values...yeah, right What family teaches their children that selfishness is a virtue?

Various superpacs are now engaged in a disinformation campaign (billboards in poor neighborhoods advertising the wrong date for the election, billboards in Spanish telling Latino voters in Pennsylvania they need an official ID on Election Day to vote even though the voter ID law failed in that state, calling elderly registered democrats they can vote right now on the phone etc.). Whoever your choice, make sure your vote isn't suppressed. Don't be fooled. Check the laws in your State. Be prepared to vote, and help others to do the same. Then VOTE.

Election Day is Tuesday November 6.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	family values.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	518239  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

Every problem the Democrats have, the Republicans also have. For instance, money plays too important a role in the political process and so legislation will often take into account the interests of private insurance companies, bank lobbyists, or foreign lobbyists who exert some control over the electoral process simply by nature of the way our system is set up. However, this problem can affect both parties equally, but Republicans seem to yield to the siren call of the almighty dollar more readily than Democrats. Which party do insurance companies spend most of their funds promoting? Which party does the financial services industry support? Again, I'm not saying that Republicans are evil because bankers support them. What I am saying is that bankers support them because they think they will be more receptive to the coercive influence of money.

Then there are problems unique to the Republican party. Many Republican leaders think they must answer to religious lobbyists who want their particular creed to influence social policy. As a result, we have partisan opposition to the rights of homosexuals including exclusion of their group from the protections of hate crime legislation.

We also have the most direct perversion of the political process, vote suppression. Hypothetically, voter fraud could pervert political outcomes as much as vote suppression. Afterall, a vote improperly cast is as bad as a vote suppressed. However, voter suppression has taken place on an incredibly broad scale whereas voter fraud is almost non-existent. Further, since purported attempts to prevent voter fraud cause voter suppression of a much larger magnitude, and such effects cannot realistically be contested factually, the perversion of our democratic process has found a promoter in the Republican party.

So neither party is perfect, but they are not the same either, unless you classify everything imperfect as the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    And what would you suggest? Maybe some sort of elections board appointed by people who think like you? So when the free people of a state elect by popular vote someone the "board" thinks is unacceptable they can overturn the election?

We are a free people, sorry if that bothers you. You know I could not tell you an individual's name that ran for office in your country, (other than the ones we come to know from their service, ie Thatcher, Brown, Cameron). And quite frankly I could really care less who runs/wins elections in your country. Your people will decide the election outcome, and good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    So neither party is perfect, but they are not the same either, unless you classify everything imperfect as the same.
    No everything imperfect is not the same. But I feel my vision is a little less clouded than yours when I look at the issue.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    No everything imperfect is not the same. But I feel my vision is a little less clouded than yours when I look at the issue.
    I didn't know I came across as cloudy. I thought I was just analyzing some of the problems both political parties have and some unique to the GOP. Was there anything in particular I said that you disagreed with?

Senior Member Silver Poster

This I'm sure of:
    If the Democrats offered a Bill to the Republicans legalizing full auto weapons, making Christianity the National Religion, rounding up and deporting every illegal alien, and banishing abortion.........they wouldn't accept it if it contained a rider doubling capital gains taxes. Because......as we all know....that stimulates the economy!!!ha ha ha ha!

It's always about MONEY. Worker vs. Management. Figure out where your interests lie and vote!

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Faldur - we over here care about your election because the way America is run affects everyone - and the fuck-ups of Bush and his team have made the world a far more dangerous place. The potential fuck-ups by Romney might be every bit as egregious.

And I do care about your country - because in the past it has been a great country and it can be again - a beacon to the free world blah blah blah... cliche for sure, but there is truth in that.

The words of Emma Lazarus on the statue of Liberty speak to all.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Last edited by Prospero; 10-20-2012 at 08:49 PM.