Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Make Sure You Have Valid Photo ID!

Various superacidss are now nagged in a disinformation campaign (billboards in poor neighnorhoods advertising the wrong date for the election, billboards in Spanish telling Latino voters in Pennsylvania they need an official ID on Election Day to vote even though the voter ID law failed in that state, calling elderly registered democrats they can vote right now on the phone etc.). Whoever your choice, make sure your vote isn't suppressed. Don't be fooled. Check the laws in your State. Be prepared to vote, and help others to do the same. Then VOTE.

Election Day is Tuesday November 6.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	517905  

Last edited by trish; 10-19-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Maybe knowing which day to vote is a useful intelligence filter. The billboard also tells you to buy a toyota, smoke Kool's, use Masingale douche, and how to vote. Hopefully our citizenry are able to think for themselves.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Faldur; 10-19-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Hopefully our citizenry are able to think for themselves.
    Don't let Fox News hear you say that, Faldur.

World Class Asshole

Various superpacs are now engaged in a disinformation campaign (billboards in poor neighborhoods advertising the wrong date for the election, billboards in Spanish telling Latino voters in Pennsylvania they need an official ID on Election Day to vote even though the voter ID law failed in that state, calling elderly registered democrats they can vote right now on the phone etc.). Whoever your choice, make sure your vote isn't suppressed. Don't be fooled. Check the laws in your State. Be prepared to vote, and help others to do the same. Then VOTE.

Name:	the aim is the same.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	518034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	go ahead.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	518035  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Don't let Fox News hear you say that, Faldur.
    I had my Faux news jamming equipment deployed prior to my post.. don't want my lifetime gold membership card cancelled.

Maybe knowing which day to vote is a useful intelligence filter. The billboard also tells you to buy a toyota, smoke Kool's, use Masingale douche, and how to vote. Hopefully our citizenry are able to think for themselves.
    Are you actually making excuses for disinformation? Is disinformation is okay with you?

Various superpacs are now engaged in a disinformation campaign (billboards in poor neighborhoods advertising the wrong date for the election, billboards in Spanish telling Latino voters in Pennsylvania they need an official ID on Election Day to vote even though the voter ID law failed in that state, calling elderly registered democrats they can vote right now on the phone etc.). Whoever your choice, make sure your vote isn't suppressed. Don't be fooled. Check the laws in your State. Be prepared to vote, and help others to do the same. Then VOTE.

Name:	make my day.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	518043  

Quote Originally Posted by francisfkudrow View Post
    Usually, I just respond to other people's threads, but there's something important that needs addressed.

If you live in Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Lousiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Dakota or Tennessee and want to vote this year, make sure you have current valid photo ID, as it is now required in these states. Make sure your friends and family have ID as well.

This is especially critical if you live in one of these states that could go either way in this year's election. (Let's face it, we already know how Georgia, Kansas and Tennessee will be voting)

Also, if you live in Florida, make sure you are still registered to vote. They've been purging people from the rolls for political reasons.

Pass it along.

(Yes, this should probably go in the politics forum, but who actually goes there?)
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Are you actually making excuses for disinformation? Is disinformation is okay with you?
    If a billboard tells you to buy a toyota and you do, even though you can't afford it, don't need or want it. Who's fault is it?

The oldest gag in the world is telling a certain political persuasion that the voting has not been changed that party x votes on the 6th and party y votes on the 7th. I would not call that disinformation, I would consider it an intelligence test. If your going to believe what ever I put on a billboard, what fun I'm going to have.

There is no cure for "stupid".

It is a tad troubling that like, almost maybe NONE of the HA Beauties has come out for the Big O, maybe it's business... I didn't put an Obama sign in my yard til my neighbor gave me one, I didn't want half the neighborhood to hate me, but, my other neighbor works on news radio and can't put up a sign, so my sign is working double time.I think Maybe I respect the people that put up Romney signs more than those that don't vote at all.
    Please hear the back story to voter fraud, the courts are slapping down these corrupt Republican "lawmakers" and reversing a lot of these laws about IDs and early voting, and I think absolutely everyone knows Romney's speeches have more lies than my Alt.com bio, but the one thing I can't understand is why, after eight years of Bush-Cheney could ANYONE vote for that funny walkin Mitt and his little tag-along leashed mutt Ryan. JESUS!!
    I'd personally pay my $3,500 to get us out of debt before I'd let Romney and his gangster friends get their fuckin hands on it.
    VOTING IS BEAUTIFUL

Name:	tumblr_m509q41VSm1qjbrlho1_500.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	518216  

World Class Asshole

If a billboard tells you to buy a toyota and you do, even though you can't afford it, don't need or want it. Who's fault is it?
    here is no cure for "stupid".
    By all means, if you want a government that preys on the stupiditry of it's countrymen, vote republican.

Taxes get twenty percent of most people's paycheck, for roads, schools, miltary defense, parks, etc......Businessmen get the other eighty percent for mortgages, cars, food, clothing,etc.
    Kreep the businessmen out of the government!!!!!!!!

World Class Asshole