Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: Make Sure You Have Valid Photo ID!

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...rtisement.html

This is classic. Now a mere billboard stating the obvious is offensive and likened to Jim Crow. Is there anything that isn't racist anymore?

I think you libs need to worry about voter depression (with Obama) and stop this foolishness about voter supression.
    There is well documented evidence of the GOP across the US conspiring to disenfranchise vters - particularly african Americans. So the lord high propagandist of the loony right has his head up his bottom - once again.

Senior Member Silver Poster

If you're a Republican and you're not talking about capital gains taxes, estate taxes over 5.12 million, corporate tax rates, then you don't know what you're talking about. Abortion, guns, immigration, that's the shit they sell the tourists.

Tonight should be the night. Prime Time.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by francisfkudrow View Post
    Usually, I just respond to other people's threads, but there's something important that needs addressed.

If you live in Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Lousiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Dakota or Tennessee and want to vote this year, make sure you have current valid photo ID, as it is now required in these states. Make sure your friends and family have ID as well.

This is especially critical if you live in one of these states that could go either way in this year's election. (Let's face it, we already know how Georgia, Kansas and Tennessee will be voting)

Also, if you live in Florida, make sure you are still registered to vote. They've been purging people from the rolls for political reasons.

Pass it along.

(Yes, this should probably go in the politics forum, but who actually goes there?)
    ~~bump!!
    Whoever your choice, make sure your vote isn't suppressed.

Get your papers, help your family, friends and neighbors get theirs and then vote.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Whoever your choice, make sure your vote isn't suppressed.

Get your papers, help your family, friends and neighbors get theirs and then vote.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

bump... I don't have the vote in your land, but you all do... "a british know-it-all"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	306592_425810557478822_1281862543_n.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	517340  

Last edited by Prospero; 10-17-2012 at 11:15 AM.

The republiCON dirty tricksters are rolling out their OTHER voter suppression tactics earlier than usual this year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1970272.html

'
    Some African American, Spanish-speaking and elderly voters in Florida and Virginia are apparently being targeted by anonymous voter-suppression groups trying to trick them or intimidate them into not voting in the November presidential election, according to election officials and voter protection organizations.
    The Virginia State Board of Elections is warning residents that "some Virginia voters, particularly older Virginians, are receiving phone calls from unidentified individuals informing voters that they can vote over the phone. This information is false."...
    Other historical attempts at voter suppression have included calls, fliers and even door-to-door campaigns trying to trick people into not going to vote. One of the most infamous attempts was in Virginia in 2008, when a flier was distributed telling Democrats they were supposed to vote on Wednesday, not Tuesday.
    The disinformation campaign would appear to be a sort of illegal corollary to the Republican-backed campaign to demand photo identification from voters. What opponents say they seem to have in common is an intent to particularly block or dissuade African American, Latino and elderly voters from casting ballots.'

Don't let the hate, aimed at keeping you home, win the day. Vote, its your voice, let it be heard.

http://twitchy.com/2012/10/17/post-p...mpaign=twitter

Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    October 17, 2012
    Despite numerous media outlets attempting to downplay the issue, Twitter exploded last night following the debate with new threats from Obama supporters to assassinate Mitt Romney if he defeats Obama in the presidential race.

Full article here.

Senior Member Silver Poster

it dont matter the game
    the aim is the same
    protect honor serve
    VOTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	517437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	517438  

World Class Asshole

Faldur of course takes all that twitter nonsense seriously. What a joke this character is.

Ok BS, I could look at the picture on the left all day, thanks for posting it.

Prosp, the double standard and complete intolerance of anyone who believes differently from those on the left is amazing. You'll note if you glance at the article these were all active twitter accounts. What I believe or take seriously is my business and part of living a free life. I will however bet strongly the secret service will be taking the tweets very seriously, (just as soon as they sober up). If this had been conservatives making these threats it would be front page news. Funny how prejudice like this is just overlooked, when it comes from the "right" side.

My ballot arrives any day, and my voice will be heard. All Americans should do the same, no matter the political position. Were all still Americans, some of us have not lost sight of that.