Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

well i used to bartend back in the day......when the cops were called , it usually ended up on them trying to calmly try to get them to get a ride or call a cab, where arresting would be last resort......but what is worse of a crime the police do is hang out cross the street from bars in their patrol cars profiling for dui arrests....

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

why i dont go out and drink in ct cause the BAC is so low in ct .....1 beer and u could end up in the back of a patrol car

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Professional Poster

One goes to a bar to get hammered, man. Hell, half os probably would not have been conceaved, had there not been people getting drunk at a bar.

Just watch, you'll get pigs comming into your home when you're drunk in your own house.

Anyone think we're gonna end up like the America in "Escape From L.A." soon?

Hell, I can se eit one day where you'll get federal agents knocking down your door and slamming you face down to the floor for eating baked potatos with sour cream, cause the sour cream is loaded with fat :P

and Megabody......onething you seem to forget about America is that anyone, you, me, seanchai, your grandma, anybody has the right to get up and say what's fucked up with the country. You see, I don't accept some concept blindly without questioning......I stop and actually think, "Hey, why are they doing this, and is it really needed or practical?"
    Before you grab the torches, pitchfork and nooses, stop and think about why someone bitches about the country or its policies. Trust me, we'd actually have less problems and more progress for a change.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Platinum Poster

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	commie_689.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	40861  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

I am wavering about liking this or not. If you are drunk in a bar it is illegal. Even if you are not driving, you could start a fight or harm yourself or others. But, what if you are there with friends and one is a designated driver? I think a lot of the outrage is people think that because you are in a bar, you are not in "public". In Teaxs and I assume most other states you are.

Junior Poster

in my state you can be arrested as long as you in a certain distance of your car with keys in your hand. Yes you aren't drunk driving YET, but they arrest people because the average person will simply lie and say they weren't going to drive (then usually wait til the officer leaves and then drive).
    One of the MAJOR issues of smoking in bars from the employee perspective is the damage it does to the health of a bartender, bouncer, etc. Most clubs/ bars are usually pretty packed, the oxygen levels are extremely low period-then you add smoke to the equation. It is a nice recipe to destroy the shit out of a bartender's lungs. I love a great cigar every now and then, but I'm sure my bartender loves his life a little bit more

I'm not a businessman,
    I'm a BUSINESS MAN!

Junior Poster

Every state's laws are different and this by no means it will ever be applied to every state. It would be nearly impossible for the Federal government to make every bar in the ENTIRE country a public place. It's pretty fuckin stupid also.

Public transportation may be a great thing in Europe, but it is a major failure in the states (as far as lightrail systems are concerned). There's always the bus I guess, but how many buses are going to the burbs after 10p.m.?

I'm not a businessman,
    I'm a BUSINESS MAN!

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Only in America...

You're being arrested before the crime? If you proved you didn't have a car can you be arrested?

We all agree that drunk driving is a crime that's not in question but how about we arrest all women before getting into cars for reckless driving and operating an auto without due care and attention?
    How about we arrest every tranny who steps out of her apartment dressed slutty for the possiblility that she's going to solicit to prostitute.

It is a liberty being taken away from you and it's ridiculous. The mind boggles what people will sit back and take next.
    seanchai
    Again, it is not only illegal to drive while intoxicated (DWI), but is also illegal to be intoxicated in public (PI). Bars are considered to be public (not private) establishments in Texas, so when you're intoxicated in a bar, they can throw you in jail. DWI's are on the rise in Texas, so they're using the Public Intoxication law in and around bars as a 'zero tolerance' strategy to avert DWI's as well as PI's.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I understand what you're saying, it's illegal to be drunk in a bar. I get that - and I get that you agree with it because it is a law.
    Just because it's a law doesn't make it right? Doesn't make it part of the slippery slope?
    I'm all for stopping DUI before they get in the car but going into a bar and arresting people for public intoxication is frankly, bollocks and frankly, only something that could happen in a country where the law supports that the religous right are able to assert their morals (not laws) onto the rest of us.

seanchai

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    I understand what you're saying, it's illegal to be drunk in a bar. I get that - and I get that you agree with it because it is a law.
    Just because it's a law doesn't make it right? Doesn't make it part of the slippery slope?
    I'm all for stopping DUI before they get in the car but going into a bar and arresting people for public intoxication is frankly, bollocks and frankly, only something that could happen in a country where the law supports that the religous right are able to assert their morals (not laws) onto the rest of us.
    seanchai
    I see your point, but these stings are in the interest of public safety, and don't stem from enforcement of a moral standard. I've lived here for a long time, and the stings will end soon enough.