Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I don't understand your post?
    What rights given to who? Police, government?
    What has been going on for years? Getting arrested in bars for being drunk?
    seanchai

Quote Originally Posted by MegabodyNYC
    GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS COUNTRY IF YOU DONT LIKE IT......FREEDOM OF SPEECH....IM EXERCISING MY RIGHT TO SAY ...FUCK YOU GET OUT
    FUCK YOU MEGABODY YOU TIT, I LEFT BECAUSE I WAS SICK OF THIS SHIT AND PINING FOR HOME - THEN I GET THERE AND THE ASSHOLES RUNNING THIS COUNTRY HAVE BANNED SMOKING HERE IN BARS (I DON'T SMOKE CIGARETTES BUT LIKE A CIGAR A FEW TIMES A WEEK BUT I AGREE WITH THE RIGHT TO SMOKE IN A PUB, AS I'M A MEMBER OF THE "PEOPLES JUDEAC PARTY OF RIGHTS TO THE FREEDOM OF JUDEA" RIGHT REG?).

COMPLACENY SHIT LIKE THIS IS WHAT KEEPS PEOPLE NOT ONLY IN THE USA BUT ELSEWHERE IN STUPID SITUATIONS AND ONLY MAKES IT WORSE - YOU ACTUALLY AGREE IT'S OK TO ARREST SOMEONE IN A PUB BECAUSE THEY'RE DRUNK.
    MB, HAVE YOU EVER LIVED OUTSIDE THE USA OR EVEN TAKE A DAY TRIP TO ANOTHER COUNTRY? IT'S NOT THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE - THAT'S THE BIG CON, BUDDY AND YOU BOUGHT RIGHT INTO IT.
    CONGRATULATIONS ANOTHER EMPLOYEE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
    SEANCHAI

BTW - I WAS ABOUT TO SHOW YOU A TIGHT AND TINY BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL LATER IN THE WEEK BECAUSE I HAD TO WASTE MY TIME REFUTING YOUR BOLLOCKS

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET NYC TO DRESS UP BUT I THINK ALLANAH HAS HIS CONTRACT TIGHTER THAN PENELOPE'S ASS.
    I SAW THE TV SHOW ON USA BEFORE I LEFT. THANKS FOR MAKING MY GF SICK WHEN YOUR ARM FELL OFF. GOOD SHOW THOUGH.
    SEANCHAI

YEAH I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE UP TO - YOU'RE MY ONLY CLAIM TO FAME KNOW THAT CLOONEY DOESN'T INVITE ME OVER FOR A GUINNESS AND FUCKING DANIEL CRAIG DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW ME SINCE HE GOT THE BOND GIG - IT WAS ALL BUDDIES A FEW YEARS AGO BUT YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES.
    NYCE, I HEARD IT WAS HIM WHO WROTE THAT BIZARRE ARTICLE IN A COMPLETE MARKETING IDEA FOR ALLANAH ONLY HE SCREWED UP AND FORGOT TO MAKE IT OBVIOUS IT WAS A PARODY.
    SEANCHAI

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    I don't understand your post?
    What rights given to who? Police, government?
    What has been going on for years? Getting arrested in bars for being drunk?
    seanchai
    They're, technically, giving rights to people who don't want smoke around them. Even if you don't agree with banning smoking, it's, logically, (and still up for discussion) an equation as such. The right of smoking where ever one wants being stripped away and given to those who want the right to not have ones smoke around them. What "rights" are defined as, these days, is a moot topic, anyway.

And, yes; getting arrested in bars has been going on for years, as has other strange laws and enforcements. Prohibition. "The War on Drugs". It's all political paranoia. Stupid politics, that's for sure.

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?!?!?!

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela
    That's the reason they stated, to cut down on drunk driving.
    I know, Angela. But the point is, they were in effect arresting them for drunk driving before they ever got behind the wheel. That's just wrong. I don't drink myself, am alway the designated driver, and am a big supporter of MADD and SADD, but you don't arrest someone because they might do something wrong later.

FK
    Many people are under the assumption that bars in Texas are private establishments, but they're not. In Texas they're considered to be public establishments under the law and are applicable where the public intoxications laws are concerned. And, as many police officers will tell you, ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

They're arresting them for public intoxication, not DWI before they enter the car. PI and DWI are both illegal in Texas, and I don't have a problem with that at all, and I drink, but don’t get wasted off my ass like some people do. Just watch the morning news and you'll see horrendous accidents caused by drunk drivers, or troll the streets in your vehicle when the bars and clubs close. You'll see a car here and there swerving off-center in its lane. Not long ago while returning home, I sat for a half hour in a traffic jam in the middle of the day, only to see two mangled cars on the freeway. The accident was caused by a drunken teenager racing another car. A pregnant woman was killed. There are always cases every year where drunken patrons leave a bar on foot to go home, cross the street, and get smacked by a car. In a hospital visitor’s area one night, I overheard doctors trying to explain to a woman that her husband had no face to repair. He left a bar drunk, stepped out onto the highway, and got mowed down by an eighteen wheeler.

Intoxicated pedestrians can also be a nuisance and even a danger to the public. I have a police scanner, and listen from time to time while I’m working. Yesterday there was a call put out on an intoxicated individual banging his fists on the windows of a small business. It was only 1:00 in the afternoon.

Contrary to what Seanchai may believe, this is not an infringement upon our civil liberties in this state. This is not ‘just the start’ as Seanchai would have it, as I’ve lived here my entire life. That has been the law here for as long as I can remember, and DWI’s have increased here in recent times. The state decided to use that law to perform stings to curb DWI’s and PI’s. They always do this temporarily and usually stop it after a while. Sometimes there is a need for ‘zero tolerance’ to make communities safer for everyone.

Now in Texas, you can be wasted in your home or yard, and there’s nothing the police can do about it, unless you’re causing a disturbance.

The law is simple, and is there for the good of the community at large. These are not Storm Troopers invading our private lives on the order of a government with totalitarian aspirations. Even the police who are arresting these individuals drink. You get arrested when you’ve gone too far with it. And all they do is lock you up for the night to sober up, and then release you in the morning. And for the most part, the police are still pretty reasonable and tolerant. Even if they know you’ve been drinking, as long as you have your wits about you, they’ll pretty much leave you alone.

It’s been that way for a long long time, and for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MegabodyNYC
    CRY ALL YOU WANT , THERE AINT A BETTER COUNTRY TO LIVE IN ON THIS PLANET.....

YOU HAVE THE FREEDOM TO SAY WHAT YOUR CRYBABIES WANT I HAVE THE FREEDOM TO GIVE MY OPINION.....THATS THE BEAUTY OF THIS COUNTRY , FREEDOM OF SPEECH......
    Mega, I have to respectfully disagree with you regarding at least part of your statement's intent. I've spent a good deal of time outside the United States, and I have to say that this is not – categorically speaking – the best nation to live in. If you want to talk about economic opportunity and upward mobility, then, yes, I would agree that this nation provides more opportunities than any other. However, so far as quality of life related issues go, the United States is definitely not the best country to live in. Canada and a host of European nations provide the same degree of freedoms we enjoy without some of our more pervasive social ills.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Junior Poster

That really doe stake the piss. You know if they tried it here in the UK, there would probably be a revolt.

Only in America...

You're being arrested before the crime? If you proved you didn't have a car can you be arrested?

We all agree that drunk driving is a crime that's not in question but how about we arrest all women before getting into cars for reckless driving and operating an auto without due care and attention?
    How about we arrest every tranny who steps out of her apartment dressed slutty for the possiblility that she's going to solicit to prostitute.

It is a liberty being taken away from you and it's ridiculous. The mind boggles what people will sit back and take next.
    seanchai