Default "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1841723.html

'You’re going to read and hear a lot about Paul Ryan’s speech on Wednesday night. And I imagine most of it will be about how Ryan’s speech played—with the party loyalists in Tampa, with the television viewers across the country, and eventually with the swing voters who will decide the election.
    I’d like to talk, instead, about what Ryan actually said—not because I find Ryan’s ideas objectionable, although I do, but because I thought he was so brazenly willing to twist the truth.
    At least five times, Ryan misrepresented the facts. And while none of the statements were new, the context was. It’s one thing to hear them on a thirty-second television spot or even in a stump speech before a small crowd. It’s something else entirely to hear them in prime time address, as a vice presidential nominee is accepting his party’s nomination and speaking to the entire country.' http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/106730...ficit-medicaid

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers."

Good piece in NY Times yesterday on how Republican campaign adverts have actually re-edited Obama speech to wholly misrepresent what he said. The sort of discreet omissions we've already seen on here from our Right Wing posters.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Romney saved the Olympics with raw business acumen. God damnit, Romney built that Olympics...

...by getting the U.S. government to appropriate an extra 1 300 000 000.00 dollars (that's 1.3 billion).

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Silver Poster

One thing I heard that I do believe is that Obama lies or is misleading half the time and Romney lies or is misleading three quarters of the time. That means Obama is gonna win and Romney knows it.

What would happen if candidates had to wear a lie detector around their necks?
    You'd get candidates that can beat a lie detector!

World Class Asshole