Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Is There a Shread of Doubt Remaining?

When I point out the overwhelming evidence of the liberal bias of the NY Times, most of you counter with some foolishness about Fox News, as if to mitigate the transgressions. Surely you must realize their bias....because if you didn't, well that would make you ignorant of the reality. But since it's bias you agree with, you choose not to acknowledge....but you would in the same sentence rail about the percieved bias of Fox news. Therefore it's one of 2 afflictions you suffer from. Either you're ignorant or you're hypocritical. Read what the Outgoing Public Editor says about his paper...

"When The Times covers a national presidential campaign, I have found that the lead editors and reporters are disciplined about enforcing fairness and balance, and usually succeed in doing so. Across the paper’s many departments, though, so many share a kind of political and cultural progressivism — for lack of a better term — that this world view virtually bleeds through the fabric of The Times.
    As a result, developments like the Occupy movement and gay marriage seem almost to erupt in The Times, over loved and under managed, more like causes than news subjects." ....Arthur Brisbane

Mr. Bimbane is far too kind to his employer and must be concerned about his pension, but at least the acknowledgement is a step towards a cure. So when you get your news from the pages of the much diminished NY Times, understand you're getting fed a side dish of steaming bias. Now remember back when you all bought into the whole Occupy bullshit as fueled by the Times?? How'd that work out for ya? Read that last paragraph again. Add one more affliction to the list........gullible.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Is There a Shread of Doubt Remaining?

The re-election of President Barack H Obama is a LOCK. el-oh-cee-kay LOCK.
    Onmyknees is a PUNK. pee-you-en-kay PUNK.
    Anytime he wants to put his money where his mouth is I'll bet him a thousand dollar donation to any TS on this site that the right man wins.
    Romney wins, I pay a grand to the girl of his choice.
    Obama wins, he pays a grand to my favorite.
    Will he respond like a MAN?
    Just another day at the OMK.

World Class Asshole

Doubt about what? That you have nothing to say?

With this convention in the "death metal" Mecca of the world being overridden by the big wind, I no longer have doubts that God hates Republicans.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    the "death metal" Mecca of the world.
    Right but how did you know that? You been cranking some Deicide down there?

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

You can't compare the political 'bias' of the NYT to the propaganda outfit and de facto communications apparatus of the GOP sometimes called Fox News on the right.

The NYT knows at least knows where the line is when in comes to journalistic integrity and are aware when they cross it.

Faux News is like improv children's theatre, with bigger puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Right but how did you know that? You been cranking some Deicide down there?

Hey, this is the internet. All kinds of information. Back in the day, I wouldn't have even thought about it, but now I have you as a mentor.

I have a whole new perspective on all this life & death shit after sitting through almost 600 earthquakes in the last 3 days. All within a 10 mile radius of where I'm at right now.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Hey, this is the internet. All kinds of information. Back in the day, I wouldn't have even thought about it, but now I have you as a mentor.

I have a whole new perspective on all this life & death shit after sitting through almost 600 earthquakes in the last 3 days. All within a 10 mile radius of where I'm at right now.
    How you doing down there? All those quakes. Take it easy, Hippi.

Check out the music thread. I'm having an effect on Prospero in there.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Yes,there is quite a it more than a shred. Since Arthur Brisbane was an editor of the notorious NYT it follows immediately that anything he says is from a biased perspective. Ergo the above quote is just one man's biased point of view. Brisbane was probably just letting his own bias shine through It does bode well for the NYT to think that it would hire someone like Brisbane as a editor who would presumably counterbalance his staff.

The only way to actually tell whether the paper is biased is read it, read other sources, look at the world, listen to people, hear their ideas, their stories, think, read some more, compare, be omnivorous...and in the end the you'll discover soon enough who is trustworthy, to what degree and on which issues. NYT has its faults and it has made and will make notable mistakes. But it is one of the more trustworthy papers in the world.

Since you are the one who brought up FOX, readers will recall that FOX regularly and deliberately lies. Just to mention one item recall their habit of showing pictures of the wrong crowd when covering GOP or tea bagger events to boost the impression of popular support. It's a FOX patented modus operandi. With FOX there actually is a side dish of bias...next the the main course of baldfaced lies.

Last edited by trish; 08-29-2012 at 04:23 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

I will bet whoever wins the election can do NOTHING about the downfall of the US economy.If you want to make money buy BRIC (Brazil,Russia,India,and China) stocks.These are the countries of the future and the USA is a country of the past,like once Great Britian.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The economy is not in a downfall. It's holding steady and if anything on the rise. It's doing better than any western nation in the world. You may have noticed this week that even China is having it's share of economic troubles. It's a slow climb out of the hole that was the worst economic plummet since the Great Depression and especially difficult when the rest of the world is in no position to buy your products. Most U.S. companies are making record profits. Caterpillar in Illinois for example made whopping products last year. Nevertheless it gave its workers a choice: take wage and benefit cuts or lose your job. So much for trickle down theory.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.