Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Rookie Poster bottomXOslave's Avatar

Default Re: Why does this still feel "Unnatural"?

why dont ya fuck my ass and get over it ????

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    Hey everyone, I took a short break from the site to get my mind right. I'm doing ok for the most part now, still confused and angry about a few things but I think i'll be ok. Anyway thanks to everyone for the support
    Very happy to hear that, Flaco! Welcome back!

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    Hey everyone, I took a short break from the site to get my mind right. I'm doing ok for the most part now, still confused and angry about a few things but I think i'll be ok. Anyway thanks to everyone for the support
    ill give you the same advise that i gave a friend recently.it was concerning other matter but i think its still applicable.
    the best way to uncomplicated things in life is to do what makes you happy.dont over think it,dont try to rationalize it.just follow your heart and be you.apply this to every aspect of your life and i promise things will work itself out.
    at the end of the day this is your life to live,no one elses.you dont want to be at the end of it regretting...

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Very well said, lovely Amber!

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bottomXOslave View Post
    i read your threats and you seems like your a quite stupid idiot kid that needs to mature ... XO
    WTF!!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    Historically, pre-Christian societies for which we have sufficient information, namely the Ancient Greco-Romans and Persians, were all completely bisexuals. In ancient Greece, it was even a matter of pride for young men, for instance, to make a lot of male conquests. There was also a great number of effeminate men and transvestites, probably a lot of what we know today to be transsexuals. Christianity changed all that from about the IVth or Vth century of our era on, in the Western part of Europe, and probably even later in the Eastern part. Bisexuality still had a large place in the Eastern, Islamic part of the world later on, and namely in the Ottoman empire, all the way up to the XIXth century at least.
    No one should underestimate the damage done by Christianity. While in the early centuries it was actually very tolerant and inclusive, the move to persecute the Cathars in France, which resulted in tens of thousands of brutal killings, led to the establishment of the Inquisition, which carried this particular role on. Protestant versions were just as bad with many thousands burned as 'witches'. Some of these victims were simply mad, some were unlucky enough to have upset someone influential and some were actually believers in older faiths. Perhaps even worse, during the colonial era, Anglo-Saxon protestant christianity, a grim, dour cult that banned any form of sexual activity that was not directly procreative, exported its viciously repressive ideas across the globe, where they continue to fester and cause harm.

The tolerant attitude of Islam, which is derived from Christianity, was far less general than you may think and was contained mainly to the Persian version; the Persians were converted relatively late and tolerated other religions and even (!) atheists for centuries. Unfortunately, the rise of Wahabiism, a rigidly fundamentalist, literalist version of Islam with an uncanny resemblance to American right-wing Christian fundamentalism, has made Iran (modern Persia) one of the most intolerant states in the world, where homosexuals are routinely executed.

Monotheism in general is a cultural blight that we could well do without, and if people really must persist in believing these groundless superstitions, they should find something a bit less blatantly evil.

Re the ancient world, I have written here before about the cult of Cybele, a Graeco-Roman fertility goddess. Cybele is actually a version of the Sumerian goddess Inana, later Ishtar, Astarte and many others. Inana was the goddess of fertility and not only did her temples contain natal female prostitutes but men who, in a passion of religious fervour, would cut off their own genitals and spend the rest of their lives (if they survived) as women. This practice is still carried on by India's Hijra, and it is likely that this culture is a derivative of Inana's worship.

Inana became Isis in Egypt, where she adopted a maternal role as the mother of the god Horus. That is interesting because Isis is the direct model for the Christian Mary and Horus one of the models for Jesus.

What complicated webs we weave, no?

There you go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	isis-horus-to-mary-jesus.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	507869