Thread: New member here

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default New member here

Hello,

New member here.

About me:

I'm a guy from the USA. And I've recently caught on to the LGBT rights movement, and I am now a full supporter of its goals.

Its kind of intriguing to myself how I came to be okay with transsexuals, however, as I used to be very transphobic. Then a friend sent me a photo of this very pretty, post SRS woman. Thus began my interest in the subject, combined with the fascist attitude of the idiots in my area (Sample of speech they use: "They're just a bunch faggot guys and girls who go to extremes") To me it just did not click like that.

I am now firmly of the belief that it is an inherited biological trait, not some lifestyle choice, to be predisposed to TG. Its been documented in Native American societies, for hell's sake.

But now I would not have an issue with dating a TS woman, pre or post op, and I actually think I would have a positive experience, as these people have done some very intense self-exploration, as sex change is no small matter. The only thing I have an issue with the whole thing is the stigma. I would be forced to keep my date's history a secret, lest I risk the ridicule of my family (I've been at many odds with them) But, to be clear I need more than a fuckbuddy, it would have to have a certain meaning beyond something like that.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: New member here

It takes a courageous person to change, especially on something like that, considering the education we sometimes receive. It is not easy to open up to our surrounding, sometimes, which illustrates quite well what transgenders themselves have to go through. If you do, just start with generalities, and gradually become more precise about the subject. But I think the greatest help, is someone who can stand on his beliefs and impress others by example.
    Anyways, welcome, Ceris!