Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Toyota's transgender car ad

He is incredibly delicate and graceful. Very troubling. Almost too troubling.

The only thing that would be troubling is how to get into a good position in the back of that little car.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    He is incredibly delicate and graceful. Very troubling. Almost too troubling.

How so?

Behind the scenes clip

Quote Originally Posted by Merkurie View Post
    The only thing that would be troubling is how to get into a good position in the back of that little car.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by karaalextv View Post
    How so?
    I think its the fact that he is a young man who says hes happy as a man. I think of myself as hetero. Of course, its one more example of how silly labels can be. Yet it still does trouble me. He turns me on, I have to admit it
    Then again, he alludes to the fact that he has in the past, as a kid, played in transvestism; his whole mannerism is also very feminine and even his facial expressions and body postures. Despite what hes saying, you could say that hes somewhat transgender, I suppose. One way or the other, hes very lovely!

"I think it’s the fact that he is a young man who says he’s happy as a man."

Dan you raise an interesting question. He claims not to be transgendered nor desires to be a woman, yet he is clearly very girly. I don't see anything "manly" about him but if he represents as a man fine by me. "Man" in my mind corresponds to some level of inherent masculinity, but that is just my bias. So someone like Stavros or Andrej can be male models, but I have a hard time seeing them as "men".

Is it acceptable, or can society be comfortable with a "man" to be as inherently feminine as a woman, and yet NOT consider themselves as trans?

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkurie View Post
    "I think its the fact that he is a young man who says hes happy as a man."

Dan you raise an interesting question. He claims not to be transgendered nor desires to be a woman, yet he is clearly very girly. I don't see anything "manly" about him but if he represents as a man fine by me. "Man" in my mind corresponds to some level of inherent masculinity, but that is just my bias. So someone like Stavros or Andrej can be male models, but I have a hard time seeing them as "men".

Is it acceptable, or can society be comfortable with a "man" to be as inherently feminine as a woman, and yet NOT consider themselves as trans?
    Not only is it a very good question, I think youre right on the money. I think its probably the trend society is taking. The sheer number of male models working as females is most probably a sign of whats coming. Were not talking about a few anymore, but probably a couple dozens as highly paid models -not that Im an expert on this, but correct me if Im wrong
    Women have accomplished these changes, socially. It used to look like men wouldnt be able to. Maybe this just shows the beginning of a process, maybe fashion, which is often connected to deeper trends than we think in culture, is just showing how things are really changing.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

I think I might have gone one step further had I been directing the ad. I'd have him paired with Karaalex ! She's equally hot.

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    Not only is it a very good question, I think youre right on the money. I think its probably the trend society is taking. The sheer number of male models working as females is most probably a sign of whats coming. Were not talking about a few anymore, but probably a couple dozens as highly paid models -not that Im an expert on this, but correct me if Im wrong
    Women have accomplished these changes, socially. It used to look like men wouldnt be able to. Maybe this just shows the beginning of a process, maybe fashion, which is often connected to deeper trends than we think in culture, is just showing how things are really changing.
    Actual female models may become passe -- ha ha ha! Well, I can't see a lot of female models being too pleased with this trend. Or maybe I'm just jumpin' to conclusions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stav 1.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	497641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stav Strashko.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	497642