Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Trans Woman Arrested for Topless Protest After DMV Refuses to Change Sex on License

Tennessee transgender woman, Andrea Jones was arrested in the parking lot of her local DMV for indecent exposure after exposing her breasts in protest of the office refusing to issue her a new driver’s license reflecting her gender reassignment surgery.

It’s not right for the state to ask me to be both male and female. A choice needs to be made. They cannot hold me to both standards,” Jones said.
    Jones, a transgender woman, had a partial sex change and says that was all the Social Security office needed to switch her paperwork from male to female.
    However, she says the Tennessee Department of Safety informed her she’d need more proof to make the same change on her driver’s license.
    When she was denied, she says she decided to make a statement by taking her shirt off in the parking lot.
    The police report says, “Mr. Jones continued to yell that he had the right to show his breasts in public and wanted to be recognized as a female.
    “If I was a male, I had the right to, when I stepped out the door, take off my shirt,” Jones explained.

Ms. Jones, we hope you get in touch with the ACLU and Lambda Legal Gay.S.A.P. because you have one hell of a lawsuit on your hands. Your civil rights have clearly been violated. And what’s worse, they were violated because you were attempting to follow the legal requirement to update your personal identification.
    The hateful police report says it all. If Tennessee police insisted on treating you like a man (which we agree you are not), then the cause for arrest was invalidated.
    You can watch an extremely dignified Andrea Jones describe an undignified situation over HERE. Do please take a moment to hear this woman out.
    Keep your chin up girl, and get yourself a lawyer. After you sue the F out of your hateful state, please consider getting the hell out of dodge. There are too many welcoming, diverse cities in America – Seattle, New Orleans, San Francisco, Portland – that want you around for any LGBT person of considerable means to justify putting up with a state that is literally trying to legislate the fact that you exist into nonexistence. Take your tax dollars elsewhere, darlin. We’re all waiting for you.

http://unicornbooty.com/blog/2011/11...ex-on-license/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trans-Woman-Arrested-for-Topless-Protest-After-DMV-Refuses-to-Change-Sex-on-License-300x257.png 
Views:	980 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	494906  

Default Re: Trans Woman Arrested for Topless Protest After DMV Refuses to Change Sex on Licen

This happened almost a year ago. From what I remember she declined to admit guilt and pay the fine so she had to stay in a male jail for like almost 30 days. She subsequently lost her job because of the missed work. I was really interested in This case when it happened and I expected her to.sue but I couldnt ever find any further coverage of the story. Ne new developments that ne one knows of?

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Default Re: Trans Woman Arrested for Topless Protest After DMV Refuses to Change Sex on Licen

She has guts.
    Being an out T in Tennessee has got to be pure hell.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

well in her honor I'm going to go running topless right now....

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Feel free to post pics of your loveliness bouncing in the breeze, Evon!lol
    That would be an honor.

evon rose

what in your wallet?

female id/ female drivers license?

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

Actually my ID says female, but still i can still support the cause.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EvonRose View Post
    well in her honor I'm going to go running topless right now....
    be careful . try not to get any black eyes . btw Evon, have you gotten bustier or is it just your new avatar makes you look like you have ?

Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Fire away Veteran Poster TsJizelle's Avatar

here in Canada, women are legally allowed to show bare breasts in public. it's a clear violation of the human rights act that men can be bare chested and not women.

[CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Quote Originally Posted by TsJizelle View Post
    here in Canada, women are legally allowed to show bare breasts in public. it's a clear violation of the human rights act that men can be bare chested and not women.
    Correct and if that was a method of protest, people would just stop and watch until she got bored and put her top down and walked away. lol