Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Gay man has a cruch on you,publically tells you & you kill him

What do you mean by “someone like that”? a regular guy? How should you know he’s a psychotic maniac? Is there something I missed, here? What does it have to do with Hells Angels or Navy Seals, or even with walking around at night in a “bad neighbohood”? Who’s in another world, here? What the fuck are you talking about? He should have to reveal his feeling only by voice mail or letter or be subjected to violence? Once again, man, what the fuck are you talking about? People should get killed because they are gay in your “realistic” world? You find that type of act to be normal? You don’t think as I do that there is something really, really fucked up about this? Really? Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    What do you mean by “someone like that”? a regular guy? How should you know he’s a psychotic maniac? Is there something I missed, here? What does it have to do with Hells Angels or Navy Seals, or even with walking around at night in a “bad neighbohood”? Who’s in another world, here? What the fuck are you talking about? He should have to reveal his feeling only by voice mail or letter or be subjected to violence? Once again, man, what the fuck are you talking about? People should get killed because they are gay in your “realistic” world? You find that type of act to be normal? You don’t think as I do that there is something really, really fucked up about this? Really? Jesus!

really?? are you even reading what is being said at all or just seeing words and putting them in the place that makes your argument hold water? lol

NOBODY said that his reaction, to kill or even harm this other person, was right, justified, or anything but horrible. unfortunately life isn't a sugar coated cookie. this gay man took a straight man on a NATIONAL TV SHOW to tell him he had a crush on him. the BEST CASE scenario, the straight man feels awkward and the gay man doesnt go home with his crush because he is straight.
    another thing to keep in mind The jenny Jones Show went off the air in 2003 and the view of gay people has changed quite a bit in 10 years. it was much more common to hear about "gay bashing" and people getting beaten up or killed for being gay then.

you bring up the Miriam show and that is an example of something that could have ended VERY badly. i can promise you that on that final episode there was a ton of security because as much as the moral of the story is "hey you find out this person isn't exactly what you think they are it didnt keep you from having strong feelings for them" these people are also being deceived for entertainment purposes and in that heat of the moment they might go crazy and get violent.

ok and to put it in a better context for you maybe, you go on jenny Jones to tell a lesbian that you have a crush on her. then what? she is so flattered that she decides to go straight?
    when you put people in weird situations sometimes you get adverse reactions and to somehow think that putting a straight male on a tv show to tell him you have a gay crush on him you have to understand he might not react well to that. to think otherwise is being unreasonable.

and again his reaction was wrong, terrible, unacceptable and he should have gotten murder 1. but if my friend told me "hey I'm going to bring straight guy Bob on tv and tell him I have a crush on him" i would ask them if they were high and why they would think of such a stupid idea.

What are you argumenting against, here, and who are you talking to: me? Merkurie? And what is your point? To say you’re wrong but I think the same thing you do, except that reality is not all nice?

That someone would have a violent reaction just because he is told someone else has a crush on him is absurd and disgusting even if that person is gay. What part of that point don’t you understand? Moreover, to imply that the victim was stupid to make such a revelation publically is following the killer’s logic, which is that there is something humiliating to be liked by a homo… You’re justifying him to a certain extent, you adopt the same damn logic. If it is stupid to make that revelation publically, well then you necessarily intend that indeed, there was some reason for the aggressor to be violent. It’s very simple logic. And there is no way around it.
    What part of that makes me a utopian, in onmyknee’s words? You accuse me of not reading but you can’t even be clear on what precisely you address.
    You present yourself as being Faith CD: how can you not understand what I’m saying, here? You think it’s ok to beat up on someone because of gay desires? or because these desires were not expressed in the right manner or at the right place?
    I sugar coat reality to think it’s disgusting and should not happen? or that we should denounce it clearly and loudly?

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    What are you argumenting against, here, and who are you talking to: me? Merkurie? And what is your point? To say you’re wrong but I think the same thing you do, except that reality is not all nice?

That someone would have a violent reaction just because he is told someone else has a crush on him is absurd and disgusting even if that person is gay. What part of that point don’t you understand? Moreover, to imply that the victim was stupid to make such a revelation publically is following the killer’s logic, which is that there is something humiliating to be liked by a homo… You’re justifying him to a certain extent, you adopt the same damn logic. If it is stupid to make that revelation publically, well then you necessarily intend that indeed, there was some reason for the aggressor to be violent. It’s very simple logic. And there is no way around it.
    What part of that makes me a utopian, in onmyknee’s words? You accuse me of not reading but you can’t even be clear on what precisely you address.
    You present yourself as being Faith CD: how can you not understand what I’m saying, here? You think it’s ok to beat up on someone because of gay desires? or because these desires were not expressed in the right manner or at the right place?
    I sugar coat reality to think it’s disgusting and should not happen? or that we should denounce it clearly and loudly?
    again you aren't reading what people are saying, you're just rearranging the words to suit your ideas so I'm going to do this one more time and then i'll stop feeding the troll...

1. I am talking to you Danthepoetman, thus it is why i quoted your statement in reply. not really sure how you got confused about that.

2. I didnt say "you’re wrong but I think the same thing you do, except that reality is not all nice". i said that the guy who killed the other guy is wrong for killing him bottom line. however he put himself into a situation were a violent act could happen and that was beyond foolish on his part. this was not a gay guy who hit on a straight guy at a club, at a business, at a restaurant, ect. he took him a tv show. i can see how this could be very embarrassing for a straight guy to be brought on tv and have a guy express a crush on you. keep in mind this show likely happend in the late 90s early 2000s when being gay was even less accepted then it is now. not condoning the violence that happend because of it but you are super naive if you cant see how he was putting himself into a bad situation.

3. what your issue is is that just because you feel it is wrong, you then cannot understand it. it's awesome that you are super open minded and understanding however not everyone is. yea the world would be a better place if everyone was but the world isn't and we have to deal with it like adults.
    an example, I am a cross dresser and there are certain places I feel comfortable going out while dressed and some that I am not. I will not be going to the local biker bar because it's a bit of a rough crowd and while in a perfect world they should accept me (or at the very least sya live and let live and just ignore me) it only takes ONE person there to put me into a bad situation.
    this gay man put himself into a bad situation. what he did was stupid. he's a dummy pure and simple. he didnt deserve to be killed or beat up but he voluntarily put himself into a situation were there was a good chance it could be bad times.

4. again i will ask, what was the point of him even bringing up the crush? he is gay, the man he has a crush on is straight. why even do this? besides it bringing him into a bad situation its totally pointless to even bring up. the straight man isnt going to say "wow well since you have a crush on me maybe i will go out with you and see what it's like".

5. "Moreover, to imply that the victim was stupid to make such a revelation publically is following the killer’s logic, which is that there is something humiliating to be liked by a homo…" have you heard how straight males talk to each other? being called "gay" or "homo' or whatever else is looked at a put down. again yay for you for being super open minded and accepting but to be blind to what is happening in the real world is foolish. straight men generally do not want to be viewed as gay and the younger they are the more prone they are to act violently if thought to be or called gay if they arent. again, its reality and we have to accept that currently this is whats going on in the world.

6. "If it is stupid to make that revelation publically, well then you necessarily intend that indeed, there was some reason for the aggressor to be violent. It’s very simple logic. And there is no way around it."
    you are talking in black and white and i'm talking in gray. if he REALLY felt that his life wouldnt be complete without letting this person know he had a crush on him then why not tell him 1-on-1? over the phone? in a letter/email? why did he do it on a national tv show??!! thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard of and totally pointless.
    i contend had he brought this up in a much more private setting it would not have escalated to violence. if its a private conversation it ends right there no harm no foul. all that straight guy needed was for 1 friend, 1 co-worker, to see that show and the hounding and mocking starts and the guy goes off the deep end.

7. "You think it’s ok to beat up on someone because of gay desires? or because these desires were not expressed in the right manner or at the right place?"
    its never ok to be assaulted for being gay, period. the gay man put himself where the best possible ending was that nothing changed, and there was a pretty good chance that something negative would happen due to bringing a huge audience in on what should have been a private discussion.

8. "I sugar coat reality to think it’s disgusting and should not happen? or that we should denounce it clearly and loudly?"
    you're sugar coating life by somehow expecting this to be unthinkable when in fact it really isn't a HUGE stretch given how some people feel about gays. Not saying it's right, I'm saying it is reality and while things are changing for the bestter it's foolish to put yourself in harms way and expect everything to be totally fine.

that song is lame, here's a much better one.

Exclamation Re: Gay man has a cruch on you,publically tells you & you kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Merkurie View Post
    "I likes ya an I wants ya. So we can do this the easy way or the hard way. The choice is yours"
    -Fleece Johnson

bump this thread because its needed

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    bump this thread because its needed

No it's not - don't do that again.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.