Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sopranos Last Night

Anyone else see last night's episode of The Sopranos?

What a load of excrement!

Junior Poster

boy,did that show suck.....probably one of the worst,,boring,boring,boring

still looking for a fun nyc girl for play and maybe more.I need to practice my skills

Rookie Poster

I Liked It.

Junior Poster

It was an ok episode. The thing was you had to decipher a lot of symbolisim.

Does anyone really think A.J. has the balls to do anything? You know, when he was talking bout shooting uncle Junior in his mummy head..lol
    Even if he did how could he get to him? That would be a great way for him to break into the family since the rest of them want him dead too. Just a thought though.

"Girls stink, they stink, they're evil, they're all bad, all of them, they're backstabbers"-Vincent Gallo 'Buffalo 66'

My two cents: a terrible fucking episode (though I thought the first was great). In fact, I would call it one of the worst I have ever seen. From my perspective, the foremost problem with this show has always been inconsistent writing. One other very thing I have learned regarding this show: dream sequence equals writers not knowing how to fill time for the fifty or so minutes each episode lasts. The longer or more frequent the dream sequences in an episode, the poorer the quality of the episode.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    My two cents: a terrible fucking episode (though I thought the first was great). In fact, I would call it one of the worst I have ever seen. From my perspective, the foremost problem with this show has always been inconsistent writing. One other very thing I have learned regarding this show: dream sequence equals writers not knowing how to fill time for the fifty or so minutes each episode lasts. The longer or more frequent the dream sequences in an episode, the poorer the quality of the episode.

-Quinn
    I agree...I remember when "Northern Exposure" used to resort to that, and the results were always disappointing.

To sum up the last Sopranos episode: all filler, no killer!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Could they be jumping the shark?

Still Here 5 Star Poster

A fantastic episode. Lots of little symbols in there, for a better breakdown check out http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com - they do a pretty through walkthru of each episode.

Junior Poster

I must agree with the majority, the episode was a letdown. Christ, I hope they drop the soap opera bullshit by next Sunday. Imagine if the brain damage the doctor hinted at becomes a continuing plot line! We can have episode after episode of Carmella nursing Tony back to health while trying to maintain his control over the boys like when Woodrow Wilson had a stroke, and his wife ran the White House. Let's hope and pray the Sopranos hasn't jumped the shark. Oh yeah, how creative, inlisting the mob to help on the home front of the war on terror, just like they did in WWII when Naval Intelligence used the mob to control espionage on the docks. How original. I think the writers are already phoning it in from their retirement homes.

Quote Originally Posted by kennbo
    I must agree with the majority, the episode was a letdown. Christ, I hope they drop the soap opera bullshit by next Sunday. Imagine if the brain damage the doctor hinted at becomes a continuing plot line! We can have episode after episode of Carmella nursing Tony back to health while trying to maintain his control over the boys like when Woodrow Wilson had a stroke, and his wife ran the White House. Let's hope and pray the Sopranos hasn't jumped the shark. Oh yeah, how creative, inlisting the mob to help on the home front of the war on terror, just like they did in WWII when Naval Intelligence used the mob to control espionage on the docks. How original. I think the writers are already phoning it in from their retirement homes.
    The season opener was class. Let's give the writers the benefit of the doubt for one more week. One more week of Tony in a coma would turn me off the show.