Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: a refreshing look at Obama

"Let me be clear. All babies should eat."

"You look delicious, little lamb. I wish I could thank your parents for their submission."

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by 95racer View Post
    Jimmy Carter is a huge fan of Obama. He will make Carter's presidential term look at least mediocre.
    I don't think Carter is a "huge fan" of Obama. Not sure why anyone would be a "fan" of any President.
    Unless a President is responsive to the population. But the political class aren't very responsive to the population. They've other concerns... that don't really include the population.
    As the late author Gore Vidal pointed out: every President wants to be a dictator. There's no President that wants to lessen his or her powers. And, too, as Glenn Greenwald noted: every president craves war because it maximizes their power.
    So, we're dealing with a system of power and, too, a system/structure that has a deep loathing for democracy. Why? Simple. Democracy minimizes their power. This also applies to the corporate world. The corporate class loathe democracy, understandably and rationally so, 'cause it reduces their overall power.
    Obama craves inordinate power. Bush Jr. and Sr. craved excessive power. Clinton -- the same. As did Carter. Reagan, too.
    So, if they crave and gain more and more power, well, who loses or has their power diminished? Well, easy. The population. And thus the frittering away of so-called democracy.
    If we had a meaningful democratic government, well, government policy would reflect public opinion. Does this happen?

Obama's newest critic: Jimmy Carter...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UyZc9s5UX4Y

Senior Member Professional Poster AshlynCreamher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    "Let me be clear. All babies should eat."

Senior Member Platinum Poster

[QUOTE=Ben;1470294]
    But the political class aren't very responsive to the population. They've other concerns... that don't really include the population.
    --How do Presidents get elected, then?

There's no President that wants to lessen his or her powers. And, too, as Glenn Greenwald noted: every president craves war because it maximizes their power.
    --Can you prove with examples that Jimmy Carter 'craved war'? How about Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge? I thought Harding's response to the First World War and isolation was to reduce spending on the armed forces, especially the Navy -?
    Didn't Calvin Coolidge sign the Kellogg-Briand Pact (192 which renounced war as a means of solving conflicts?

The corporate class loathe democracy, understandably and rationally so, 'cause it reduces their overall power.
    --Can you confirm that most of the large corporations listed on the DowJones and the FT Index are owned by shareholders who vote once a year for a variety of things, such as the executive members of the Board, remuneration, changes to policy and so on? Yes, the major institutional shareholders have more power than small shareholders, but without those votes, what corporations do might be considered illegal.

If we had a meaningful democratic government, well, government policy would reflect public opinion. Does this happen?
    --Can you confirm that the Civil Rights legislation of the 1960s was not passed in Congress because legislators responded to a campaign that had been going on for years but because legislators ignored public opinion?

Senior Member Silver Poster

The Democratic Position:

Republican response:

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Lmao

Following up on this: I would like to stick my foot in my mouth for a moment and say; O'Reily is an over opinionated, hyper critical, elevated asshole!

He has the audacity to go on camera and make personal attacks against and entertainer who is simply try to make a buck: hosting a talk show. In the same breathe of air he will also sell a book and coffee mug. Its called capitalism and he's apart of it as much as much as Zach Galifianakis.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

My deepest and most sincere Apologies to Bill O'Reilly, what I said was not only out of line but inaccurate. But I still think he is an asshole

It's okay ashlyn. He only plays a right-wing hypocritical jerk on TV. He is an entertainer to all of those people who tune in to watch him and agree with whatever BS he's spewing. It's sad that some people still get there information from the television these days. It's mostly crap.