Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: iphone 5.. Sept. 12

lets see if they actually make to the stores by tomorrow. I have my doubts they'll have mine when I try to pick it up. When I pre-ordered last week the AT@T guy said the 9/21 promised delivery date could be 50-50 based on past iphone roll out days

...gonna need a new phone soon, cause mine's pretty old.
    I love the Samsung Galaxy S3 and in terms of what it can do , at least to me, it outshines the iphone5...however I don't like carrying a man bag or clipping my phone to my belt so of the two phones I'd probably get the iphone 5 for its smaller design. It looks like it would still fit in my pocket.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

I'm not due for an upgrade for awhile, so I'll be waiting. I'm also waiting to see how folks like the software update. I still have my iPhone 4 and iPad 2; I'm worried if the update will screw my devices...like that one update did to my 3G that time...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Rookie Poster

Updated iPhone 4 and iPad3 yesterday. Has a few minor bugs as did iOS5 when it first rolled. Overall, it works well.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    I'm not due for an upgrade for awhile, so I'll be waiting. I'm also waiting to see how folks like the software update. I still have my iPhone 4 and iPad 2; I'm worried if the update will screw my devices...like that one update did to my 3G that time...
    The software update removed the YouTube app from my 4s.

The panorama camera feature is nice, though.

Rookie Poster

Just wait until you try the maps app, just awful. The iPhone 5 will sell well among the hard of thinking, but it's really behind the curve in many areas.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MdR Dave View Post
    The software update removed the YouTube app from my 4s.

The panorama camera feature is nice, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by castor_troyuk View Post
    Just wait until you try the maps app, just awful. The iPhone 5 will sell well among the hard of thinking, but it's really behind the curve in many areas.
    The update will eliminate YouTube and Google Maps; I just added bookmarks of the mobile versions of each to my screen in preparation.

And I've read Apple Maps suck donkey balls...too bad...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Senior Member Junior Poster bimale69's Avatar

i might upgrade from my droid 4 to a razr m or iphone 5, i like having the mobile hotspot, but since my d4 got the ics updgrade, it sucks!! ive been using the google maps app for awhile, i wouldnt mind seeing a truck-related google maps(showing low clearance, weight/size restriction, weigh/inspection stations)though. the apple phone seems to have higher quality, and having the ipod function wouldnt be bad.

I don't need anger management. I just need some people to manage their stupidity.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

I heard that about the maps- doesn't bother me though, I don't allow anything that involves location services.

Paranoid? Maybe. But that doesn't mean they aren't watching.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Oh dear. I've been a Mac user for a long time. After a decade or more of dalliance with the clumpiness that is Windows i switched to Mac - and have, largely, been happy with them ever since.

But I am also beginning to hate Apple for its arrogance. Just upgraded my desktop and my Ipad. And lord did it bring problems. It's very seductive. Just upgrade. They don't warn you that things you like will simply be deleted. Like ITunes for instance. On my Ipad it was a lovely app that enabled me to bookmark thousands of my favourite pieces of music. After the upgrade it's gone.
    Worse. All my passwords no longer work. So I call Apple. Eventually after dealing with the multliple choice bot i get a human. Somewhere in Connecticut. He is helpful but can't solve my problem. So after an HOUR i get re-routed to a Hungarian guy in Athens. He is very helpful.Nice guy. Oh yes Itunes. We don't allow that anymore. Allow?!!!! Eventually he sorted out my password problem. Took two hours of hanging on the phone.

And then there is the ludicrous map issue. I tested it out - unaware of the issues. Put an old office address in central london into search - with full postcode. it relocated that street to Lytham St Annes somewhere in the north of England. Try a few other once familiar places. Some are now not findable. What shit is this. It's the arrogance of Apple tht they don't want Google maps on their devices anymore or Youtube. They now have their own version - which you used to search for your old Youtube favourites. Doesn't work very well.

On my desktop the old bit torrent I used no longer works. Eventually I find a new one and install it. Under the new OS upgrade, all my new downloads vanish into a file somewhere on the computer. I still haven't located them.

I wait with trepidation to see what new surprises all the improvements have in store

Apple and Microsoft define the virtual space we work, play and do so much more in. But boy - are they getting way too arrogant.

End of rant.