View Poll Results: How do You Rate the Dark Knight Rises ?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent Movie, tops the previous two by a distance

22 37.93%
  • Not a Patch on the previous movie TDK but better than the First Batman Begins

13 22.41%
  • It is the worst movie out of the trilogy

19 32.76%
  • Bring back Jack Nicholas' Joker!

3 5.17%
  • I prefer Superman

1 1.72%
  • I Hate All Comic book movies

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gold Poster

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by soulvett View Post
    Well, considering where she stabbed him, she being Miranda Tate, I'd think anyone would do more than just wince at that kind of pain. I liked that Bruce Wayne cried out in pain when it hurt, hes only human, after all. He doesn't have any super powers, wasn't bitten by a spider or exposed to gamma radiation, he was a boy who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and saw his parents die. He trained hard in mind and body, sweat and blood to become a weapon of vengeance.

In the Comics as someone said Bane was a character to be empathized, he was very intelligent, very cunning and ruthless. Imo the only way he was able to beat Batman in a straight up fight was due to the fact that he released all of Arkham Asylum and waited for Batman to clean up the mess before making his move. There's a saying many geeks have, give Batman 24 hours to prepare to fight any DC villain and he's got them beat.

I was happy with this film, and yes there were plenty of holes and the pacing was off I think it had more to do with the time frame the film was given, 2hr 45min is very long by today's standards and I'm convinced a lot of footage was cut in order to keep it under the 3 hour mark. Either way, we'll see when the super blu ray edition hits the shelves.

Also, Bane's voice sounds funny because they had to redo the voicing after that promo trailer during Mission Impossible 4, too many people didn't understand a word he said, so I'm thinking they dubbed over what they needed to and skipped what they didn't, hence the uneven voice acting at times. Either way, Tom Hardy played an exceptional villain and deserves props for it.

My 2 cents
    I don't know, it just seems a little out of character for him to be that surprised and emotional when she betrayed him, but I guess your right that it did show he's only human. You're right about Bane only being able to beat Batman because he was exhausted from trying to round up all the criminals in the comics. I just thought they could have picked a more intimidating actor physically, but I did think he did a good job, and I did get used to the voice after awhile. I was wondering if it was dubbed in after the controversy over not being to understand him. I'm also looking forward to the Blu-ray release, I think you're right in that there seemed to be a lot of scenes that were cut out.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Miranda Tate was really Talia Al Ghul , the daughter of Liam Neeson's character.

And mother of Bruce Wayne's son Damian. (in the comics)

Senior Member Veteran Poster Genetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theone1982 View Post
    4.) If this was Nolan's last film in the franchise, why set up the Robin character at the end? It seemed sort of tacked on and pointless, considering the franchise will most likely just be rebooted without Bale and Nolan.
    Ah but he's not Robin from what I took from it, it was a joke (Nolan and Bale both refused to do any Batman film that would involve the Robin character). Blake is the new Batman as Bruce has retired from it, and Batman still being in action after his obvious death will make him even more of a fearsome figure.

Senior Member Junior Poster bob.chicken's Avatar

def worst out of trilogy

too long and banes voice was terrible

batman kept falling in love and his broken back is cured by a rope wtf

also all that wayne enterprise fight for control wasn't great

Junior Poster

It is a bad movie. If you are not up on the comic book, it made little sense at all It was long, loud, and I could never understand what the hell Bain was saying. Yuck.

TGirls, TGirls, TGirls. Someday, maybe.

I went to a showing after work and it just didn't cut it for me. Out of the three Comic book movies this summer (Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises), Rises comes in third. The voice over work for Bane was terrible and I still had trouble understanding him at certain times. I'll give it another shot on Blu-Ray, but this is definitely my least favorite out of the Batman trilogy.