Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mass Shooting at DK premiere in CO!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I think you will find that he must have cased the cinema complex before, as he broke in through a rear entrance, and probably knew which was the quietest zone in the parking area.
    There are some people that are saying that someone let the shooter into the theatre through the emergancy exit. If this is true I would like to believe that it was a mistake and they had no idea of his intentions. There are others who say he was let in with full knowledge of what he wanted to do.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/252...-movie-theater
    "As I was sitting down to get my seat, I noticed that a person came up to the front row, the front right, sat down, and as credits were going, it looked like he got a phone call. He went out toward the emergency exit doorway, which I thought was unusual to take a phone call. And it seemed like he probably pried it open, or probably did not let it latch all the way. As soon as the movie started, somebody came in, all black, gas mask, armor, and threw a gas can into the audience, and it went off, and then there were gunshots that took place."

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    All you wish to know can easliy be found..

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/
    I'm asking those of you who support having assault rifles YOUR opinions.

Senior Member Silver Poster

As a tool to have by your side as protection from your enemies, and delivering food to your table, the credit card has replaced the musket. SURELY.
    My obituary is going to say I went to school, and went to work, it's not going to say I hated my crappy job and all that meaningless homework.
    Education and Jobs are the overwhelmingly important factor in our individual lives and the National Standings of Quality of Life.
    But must people are concerned with sex, fun, sport.
    History is a product of the glands.

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
    Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwayne-the-rock-johnson_fast-five_1200.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	487829  

World Class Asshole

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

delete

Lick My Member Junior Poster shaustin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Going to the cinema is a way of getting out, and unless you have a 65" screen at home with wrap around sound, 3D and so on, the experience just isn't the same. Particularly with a film shot in IMAX like The Dark Knight Rises -its the kind of film I would pay to see in an IMAX for the experience. Shooters go berserk in shopping malls, should we now buy everything online?
    It's a subjective experience, personally I hate 3D movies and won't see something in a theatre if it's only in 3D. To me it's like eating a meal cooked by a world class chef, yes a better experience would be eating said meal in a five star resturaunt with chandeliers and an orchestra, but the meal itself, just like a movie, would be "practically" the same if eaten from a tv tray on an old lumpy couch. You might aswell say unless you have a full size stadium with scoreboard, lights, and goals playing soccer at home just isn't the same experience. I myself actually watched 'The Dark Knight Rises' at home last night, and while it was an alright movie which capped off the trilogy decently enough, on it's own it wasn't as engaging as the first two, and I can guarentee that for myself, seeing the same exact film on a large screen with surround sound and all the bells and whistles would have added absolutely nothing to the experience.

I'm doubting you read my last post before you made yours, so to clarify my actual position I'll just cut and paste: "And no, personally I'd rather not have theatre's with rigorous security, that was just an arguement from a different viewpoint than most people would think of, it was simply ment to provoke thought."

Eat a dick.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post

I have a question for you; do you view the First and Forth Ammendments as individual rights, or are they only applied to collective groups?
    They are collective in that they refer to the citizens as a plurality; they are individual insofar as religious belief and the right not to have one's home ransacked without a warrant are individual. What makes the 2nd Amendment so elusive for some and why the Supreme Court justices can produce contrary interpretations of it, is the context provided by the phrase 'A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state...', which in my interpretation, and I am not a jurist, must be a collective right.

The point is that the US has decided individuals can own firearms subject to certain conditions, it makes no difference if I disapprove and not just because I am not American. As has been stated by many in this thread , gun ownership is not a political issue that has any traction nationally, it is up to each state to impose its own conditions. The practical, operational issue for you is to decide how the conditions of 1791 relate to 2012 with regard to the technology of the firearms you can buy.

The concept of a battlefield weapon is not so hard to grasp, it is what our soldiers are bearing in Afghanistan, or AK-47's, or Uzi's or Kalashnikov's.

Thanks for the update on the back entrance, I am sure more information on the events that night will filter through in time.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore View Post
    I still don't think any US citizen needs a gun that shoots off 60 rounds in less than a minute. Sane or Not or no criminal background. That should be for military/police officials only.

Everyone is capable of insanity, and not to mention this guy had no criminal background!
    Exactly! The major argument many make on owning assault type weapons, is that they want to. We have other things we can compare this to. Some drugs are legal while others are legal. People who use illegal drugs want them. I'm sure that many 14 years would love to drive cars legally. Others would like to be able to drive 100+ miles per hour. by the way, aren't certain weapons such as rocket launchers already illegal? Or is banning 14 year olds from driving, really the first step in taking away all of or motor vehicles?

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    GUN OWNERS or those that support the purchase and ownership of assault type/automatic guns.
    Where would you draw the line on weaponry? Any gun that that military currently uses? Types of ammos? Grenades or grenade launchers? Where is the line?
    I would draw the line at rocket/grenade launchers and belt-fed or chain guns. As far as ammo goes Im ok with the current laws.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    GUN OWNERS or those that support the purchase and ownership of assault type/automatic guns.
    Where would you draw the line on weaponry? Any gun that that military currently uses? Types of ammos? Grenades or grenade launchers? Where is the line?
    Since I was in the military and proficient with everything from an old M-1 carbine to a fully automatic M-16 to a pedestal mounted 50 cal. Browning, I enjoy shooting the civilian versions of the first two. No citizen can by law own a fully automatic weapon ( there are some special exceptions...collectors, etc). I'd draw the line at a particular caliber...that would prohibit grenade launchers, etc.

Would my life be altered to the point where I couldn't survive if some weapons were banned? Obviously no. But here's several issues no one has been able to reconcile.
    1. What weapons to ban fully? How big is the list?
    2. What are we to make of the 2nd amendment if we start to infringe on it? The actual amendment speaks to infringement. What next.....banning racist speech ? Then looking at the Commerce Clause to force citizens to buy a particular product and calling it commerce? lol
    3. If you had 100% consensus and certain styles of firearms were outlawed on say August 1, what are you going to do about the tens of millions of firearms in the hands of private citizens ? Send the ATF in to confiscate them? That happened....recall Ruby Ridge ? That's the result you're going to see. People are not going to go quietly on this.

In response to the prospect of guns being outlawed or restricted, Even Moses himself held up a firearm in his right hand and mouthed..."from my cold dead hands". Ok...it wasn't Moses, but rather Charlton Heston, but the message can't be understated. Folks are not going to give up thier firearms. I realize that's puzzling to some of you in the UK and Europe.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Convicted Felons aren't allowed to have firearms.

World Class Asshole