Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243 LastLast

Default Re: Mass Shooting at DK premiere in CO!

It yes, that would make it easier for them. Fortunately the scenario you've created is entirely fabricated and firearms ordered online have to be transferred through an FFL dealer who submits their info in a background check. Ultimately irrelevant in this case since the guy had no prior history.

Those who anger you control you

I Love music, any kind of music ~ The O'Jays

Senior Member Silver Poster

Gun Control and Abortion are great coctail party conversation, you can have half the room yelling at the other half in 3 minutes.
    The Pro-Choicers don't want Romney messing with their bodies, the Gun Lobby doesn't want Obama to mess with their guns.
    Abortion is murder, but kids killing their classmates and 2,000 guns a day shipped to Mexico, that's the price of freedom.
    Cowboys shooting varmints on their Montana Ranch, that's what's all-American, Gangbangers shooting each other in the hood, that's what's wrong with America.
    It's too bad we can't enact laws for what we LIKE. Then everybody would be happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hgm-4.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	491564  

World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

firearms ordered online have to be transferred through an FFL dealer
    Not so. Depends on the online dealer.

Ultimately irrelevant in this case since the guy had no prior history.
    Good argument for checking more than just a prior history background. Perhaps a psychological profile, certification of firearm safety training etc.

Name:	elmer cheney.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	491565  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Not so. Depends on the online dealer.

Good argument for checking more than just a prior history background. Perhaps a psychological profile, certification of firearm safety training etc.

....and you're the same person who gets your shorts knotted up when someone dare suggest that maybe some sort of ID should be required at least initially when registering to vote as proof of citizenship and eligibility. And the fact that States and cities will assist you in getting that documentation for free....doesn't deter you from seeing infringment or supression of a right.... You'd call that suppression of a civil right, and that would be your mildest accusation. We know what follows that ..........yet here you are requiring everything from a shrink session to safety training...what's next....high school report cards..........college transcripts ?
    That's why your argument won't get anywhere...because you're not consistent in your application of standards or requirements. We all know what the intent behind some of the regulations say for example in NYC even on long guns. It's almost impossible even with your rigorous protocol for a perfectly stable, law abiding citizen to purchase even a single shot 22 cal. pistol for target practice, which is why the Supreme Court struck down the DC gun ban..... Although Justice Breyer seems to think if you live in an urban area, you're not guaranteed the same rights as someone on a farm in Montana. It's settled law. Stop trying to pretend it's not.

I can predict your counter argument with relative ease, but I'm busy today so I'll get back to you.

and you're the same person who gets your shorts knotted up when someone dare suggest that maybe some sort of ID should be required at least initially when registering to vote as proof of citizenship and eligibility.
    Yes. Of course. Every day people in the U.S. are injured or killed from incidents involving firearms; some accidents, some murders, some suicides. Compared to those numbers voter fraud is non-existent. We don't require voter safety lessons nor voting licenses either, merely register and you can vote. Voters on the public square don't increase the general risk of violent injury.

So if you want an id for something as simple, unassuming, risk free and non-lethal as voting for which there is no evidence of abuse, why would you not want even stronger regulations on dangerous, lethal weapons designed for killing?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

An ID for voting is a little silly. Whenever I vote at my precinct in Northern Virginia, they ALWAYS ask me to give my address to make sure it matches with the one they have on file. Sometimes I'm asked to present my voter card.

Hard to fake your identity as a voter if you can't vouch for where you live.

Guns are a totally different story. It's crazy that we expect more certification to legally drive a car than to own a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Hard to fake your identity as a voter if you can't vouch for where you live.
    Lol, ever hear of a phone book?

Senior Member Silver Poster

Everybody knows voter ID is another Republican Governor's genius idea to keep themselves in power. One American coming between another American Voting is fucking SICK.

Owning a military tank or fighter jet is 100% legal as long as it's not armed. But you don't see fruitcakes strafing Pennsylvania Ave, because restoring a tank or flying a plane takes a logical mind. And lots of money. The second ammendment is a bold experiment I believe in. Just like no father should let his daughter date OMK, no true American should let the NRA twist the United States Constitution.

World Class Asshole

ever hear of a phone book?
    what's a phone book and what century are you living in?

Name:	votes don't kill people.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	491628  

Last edited by trish; 08-05-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Lick My Member Junior Poster shaustin's Avatar

Eat a dick.