Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn, Willard!

Default Re: Damn, Willard!

He's a scary guy.

"That's what i thought you said."

Quote Originally Posted by Helvis2012 View Post
    He's a scary guy.
    I think the institution itself is scary. It's the system, the structure that is scary.
    Plus he does come from the corporate world, as it were. And the corporate structure changes you. As you internalize the corporate temperament, as it were. He might be the nicest guy. I don't know.
    But he's merely serving his own interests by running for president. That I know. Not all politicians are like this. Some actually do want to do good. And actually serve the people, as it were. I don't get that sense from Romney. (I didn't even get that sense from Obama. Nor Bush.
    Now government -- like corporations -- are not benevolent institutions. And, again, that's what you internalize.
    I mean, you can't humanize people. Because people are already human. But you can dehumanize them. And that's what the corporate structure/tendency does. Whereby you focus on yourself. And no one else matters. That runs counter to the core of being a human being. Which is care, compassion and concern for others. Mitt is the antithesis of that. Not by his own design. Just by how he was brought up, where he worked etc., etc.)
    Romney is a moderate. His policies might veer slightly to the right of Obama's. I don't see him as overly scary. He was the moderate of the bunch.
    Now Santorum -- he's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I I don't see him as overly scary. He was the moderate of the bunch.
    Now Santorum -- he's scary.
    You show your naivete. The scary one is never the one standing there going booga booga booga.

Santorum is crazy, but he's known and was never going to be left with the keys to the car. Romney does what the people who give him money tell him to do. He has no principles of his own, no thoughts. Hell, the party leaders have already said of him they just want someone who'll do as he's told and sign the things they put in front of him.

Tiffany Anne's Happy Funtime Crossdressing Caption Club
    http://tiffanne2000.tumblr.com/
    http://tiffanyannescaptions.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Anne View Post
    You show your naivete. The scary one is never the one standing there going booga booga booga.

Santorum is crazy, but he's known and was never going to be left with the keys to the car. Romney does what the people who give him money tell him to do. He has no principles of his own, no thoughts. Hell, the party leaders have already said of him they just want someone who'll do as he's told and sign the things they put in front of him.
    Tiffany, you wrote and I agree: "(Romney) has no principles..."
    However, I think the same applies to Obama. Wherein Obama has no core principles and doesn't really care about issues.
    I've ruminated on Romney and thought: what's his motivation? I've no idea. Human behavior is just so complex. I mean, we don't even understand the behavior of insects. Let alone people.
    He was the Chairman and CEO of Bain, of course. CEOs are constrained by an institutional framework. And he would've learned and understood that. Maybe he likes serving institutional power structures.
    If a CEO does not increase profit and market share, well, he or she is out. So, the institutional position requires that behavior. And, too, you internalize that belief system. Romney most certainly does. You know, you're in the capital/corporate game, as it were, to enrich yourself.
    I think the core question is: why does he or she do that. Perhaps in childhood the likes of Romney was inculcated about institutional roles. Who knows.
    Again, core questions are why do people do what they do.