Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Bloody Wimbledon

Good win by Andy Murray. He has all the tools to do it. He's got big groundstrokes, plenty of heart, and can beat any player in the world when his game is on. Looking forward to his match with Tsonga; did not watch him play Ferrer, but Ferrer is tough even on grass.

So, Djokovic vs Federer, Tsonga vs Murray. Should be great matches if they all play to their potential.

Here's hoping Andy makes it this time.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Gold Poster

Well I have to say i was impressed by his performance against Ferrer who was immense at the start of the match and motored his way through the first set. However we all know you can never hurray a Murray and that was a convincing result.

I guess Sammi Valentine's going to run a leg of the Oympic Torch relay today as it's in East Angular?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Murray's game has too many flaws, as was evidenced against Ferrer who often outsmarted him but tired as the game went on -a player with more control and focus will punish Murray enough times to win, and either Djokovic or Federer can do it; Murray has a good record against Tsonga but not sure if that is on grass; Tsonga is the more enjoyable player and a more rounded person, I think I read or heard somewhere that Lendl has been encouraging Murray to be more aggressive;it is unappealing and might work on first serves but makes his game boring to watch. If his losing means not having to see his nauseating mother ramming her fists in the air and shouting Come On! it will be a blessing. Overall, Djokovic is the man to beat, but Federer has not played him on grass and I think he both wants it, and needs it more than anyone. But both matches are tough to call. Sentimental feelings make me go for Federer who transformed tennis these past 10 years. Djokovic is a step back to the bad days of power tennis and Sampras; Murray because he is a dickhead; Tsonga would be a popular and deserving winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Murray's game has too many flaws, as was evidenced against Ferrer who often outsmarted him but tired as the game went on -a player with more control and focus will punish Murray enough times to win, and either Djokovic or Federer can do it; Murray has a good record against Tsonga but not sure if that is on grass; Tsonga is the more enjoyable player and a more rounded person, I think I read or heard somewhere that Lendl has been encouraging Murray to be more aggressive;it is unappealing and might work on first serves but makes his game boring to watch. If his losing means not having to see his nauseating mother ramming her fists in the air and shouting Come On! it will be a blessing. Overall, Djokovic is the man to beat, but Federer has not played him on grass and I think he both wants it, and needs it more than anyone. But both matches are tough to call. Sentimental feelings make me go for Federer who transformed tennis these past 10 years. Djokovic is a step back to the bad days of power tennis and Sampras; Murray because he is a dickhead; Tsonga would be a popular and deserving winner.
    He might be a dickhead, but he's our dickhead. Mine anyway - my aunt taught him in primary school in Dunblane. They were both there on THAT dreadful day when Thomas Hamilton massacred teachers and pupils alike.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Gold Poster

...If his losing means not having to see his nauseating mother ......... Murray because he is a dickhead;
    I never expected to see such puerile, nasty comments from you of all people.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Murray is a Scot b utfor the purposes of Wimbledon he is an honourary Englishman !! Okay.. well he is British then.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rodinuk View Post
    I never expected to see such puerile, nasty comments from you of all people.
    I have my flaws, a tendency to make tactless remarks being one of them. That has to pass as an apology.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Stavros would not be Stavros if he were not utterly dogmatic and blunt.

Gold Poster

I have my flaws, a tendency to make tactless remarks being one of them. That has to pass as an apology.
    Fair enough given Prospero's observation - mind you I seldom wander south of the Reviews forum so it probably serves me right, sensitive soul that I am - it must be my hormones