Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Chuck Norris;Keep the Gays OUT of the Boy Scouts!

I always thought this argument was so pointless because as an organization, the BSoA doesn't regulate local chapters unless there's a need for intervention; like in the event of an issued complaint. Some chapters run like church youth groups and some ditch the religious reverence all together. I was in a boyscout troup with a couple of kids who turned out to be gay, but we're talking about early-1990's Portland, Oregon. It wasn't really that evident at the time anyhow. I don't understand how a troop leader could make the distinction between a straight or gay 13 year old. Eccentricity and flamboyancy are pretty indistinguishable at that age, and not all gay dudes are flamboyant.

What this move seems to say in fewer words is that the Boy Scouts of America don't want gay troop leaders because there's no possible way a gay troop leader could instill virtuous values in a child without passing along "the gay". That's what they seem to be afraid of. If a teenager isn't already dealing with social and identity issues over being gay or bisexual, they aren't going to elect going through that just because they had a really cool troop leader who was gay. That's stupid.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    Chuck Norris

Keep the Gays
    OUT of the Boy Scouts!

Chuck Norris believes gay people have NO PLACE in the Boy Scouts of America ... and claims plans to overturn the "century-old policy" to ban them is simply un-American.

Chuck -- an outspoken Republican political activist -- just penned an article for AmmoLand.com ... titled, "Is Obama Creating a Pro-Gay Boy Scouts of America?"

In the article, Norris attacks James Turley -- a high ranking BSA official who recently announced his plan to "seek a change" to a Boy Scouts policy that bans gay Scouts and gay Scout leaders.

72-year-old Norris suggests Turley is only championing the cause because he's trying to curry favor with Obama's "pro-gay" administration.

Norris talks about the Boy Scouts as epitomizing the best of America. The insinuation ... that gays don't.

So, we gotta ask ...

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/26/chuck-...ay/?adid=hero4

So what's your angle in this Natina? Missing your camp fire patch from the Eagle Scouts ?

Senior Member Junior Poster

Little dick Norris doesn't know shit.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    I always thought this argument was so pointless because as an organization, the BSoA doesn't regulate local chapters unless there's a need for intervention; like in the event of an issued complaint. Some chapters run like church youth groups and some ditch the religious reverence all together. I was in a boyscout troup with a couple of kids who turned out to be gay, but we're talking about early-1990's Portland, Oregon. It wasn't really that evident at the time anyhow. I don't understand how a troop leader could make the distinction between a straight or gay 13 year old. Eccentricity and flamboyancy are pretty indistinguishable at that age, and not all gay dudes are flamboyant.

What this move seems to say in fewer words is that the Boy Scouts of America don't want gay troop leaders because there's no possible way a gay troop leader could instill virtuous values in a child without passing along "the gay". That's what they seem to be afraid of. If a teenager isn't already dealing with social and identity issues over being gay or bisexual, they aren't going to elect going through that just because they had a really cool troop leader who was gay. That's stupid.

Since Natina's contributions normally consist of copy and paste, I had to google the actual article...as opposed to TMZ's press release on it. In the interest of full disclosure ( ha ha ha ) she should have posted a link to the article. Basically Walker Texas Ranger's gripe is with a new board member of the BSA. What's ironic about Natina's post is she references Norris as an "outspoken political activist" as if that is somehow a pejorative. For Fucks sake...every poster on HA is an outspoken political activist ! The point obviously lost on Natina is that Norris' issue with James Turley is his outspoken political activism in an organazation that seeks to stay out of politics.

Last edited by onmyknees; 06-28-2012 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Since Natina's contributions normally consist of copy and paste, I had to google the actual article...as opposed to TMZ's press release on it. In the interest of full disclosure ( ha ha ha ) she should have posted a link to the article. Basically Walker Texas Ranger's gripe is with a new board member of the BSA. What's ironic about Natina's post is she references Norris as an "outspoken political activist" as if that is somehow a pejorative. For Fucks sake...every poster on HA is an outspoken political activist ! The point obviously lost on Natina is that Norris' issue with James Turley is his outspoken political activism in an organazation that seeks to stay out of politics.

Yups. I was a wee stoned. I got BSoA and Norris turned around somehow mid-post. Weed dyslexia brain-fart, maybe.

Turley's been on the board since 2002 and with the BSoA in some regard since 1994, so he's not new. Turley claims the anti-gay membership stance of the BSoA is some kind of national anti-gay conspiracy, and Norris is calling him out because he doesn't believe Turley would be involved if he wasn't secretly being paid off by Obama... also a conspiracy; at least in Norris' eyes. The entirety of his original article on AmmoLand, Norris doesn't say much about gay rights, other than referring to BSoA's policies against accepting gay youth and volunteers as a "pro-traditional family" stance.

What Norris was saying and what he clearly wanted to say are two entirely different things. It's obvious Norris has a media monkey proof-reading this crap because Norris refuses to touch on why he believes his views on pro-traditional family values should be upheld when other entities and organizations like the U.S. Military, the Girl Scouts of America, and Four-H have already changed to accept LGBT members. Publicly, I'm sure he wants to infer that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but his real intentions are either some ass-backward personal opinion, his religious beliefs, or his standing within his religious community. Speculating on one over the other is a bit of a waste of time; all I'm saying is that there's an obvious and unspoken motive.

You can't hold him responsible for something he didn't say, but I think the article infers that the real Chuck Norris is sort of a slimy douche bag. The fake Chuck Norris would flying-kick Chuck Norris' head off and in turn, leg-impale the three people behind him without flinching all while belting out the epitome of war-cries and lactating chocolate milk.

Last edited by GrimFusion; 06-28-2012 at 10:06 AM.

well Chuck Norris's cool meter just went down, & i'm probably gonna get punched by his beard now. still lame tho

Free Spirit without a Spirit

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

didnt even know he was still alive lol

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Yeah - i guess his body is alive, but his brain sure died a long time ago to judge by his dumb and dumber public utterances. What a dork.

I'm not American nor a Boy Scout but the organisation has a long history of homophobia and also other forms of prejudice(religious and racial).

The creator of the Scouts, Robert Baden-Powell, was also a well known sympathiser with the Nazis and Italian Fascists in the mid-20th century.

So colour me NOT surprised by the ongoing bigotry of the organisation, and by inference those who stridently associate with it.

Further, why would free thinking peoples consider a man who is violent as a profession, (I don't know of any other claims to fame for Mr Norris) someone who should be listened to on matters of civil society....?

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    I'm not American nor a Boy Scout but the organisation has a long history of homophobia and also other forms of prejudice(religious and racial).

The creator of the Scouts, Robert Baden-Powell, was also a well known sympathiser with the Nazis and Italian Fascists in the mid-20th century.

So colour me NOT surprised by the ongoing bigotry of the organisation, and by inference those who stridently associate with it.

Further, why would free thinking peoples consider a man who is violent as a profession, (I don't know of any other claims to fame for Mr Norris) someone who should be listened to on matters of civil society....?

Very well spoken