Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Rodney King found dead in swimming pool

Quote Originally Posted by Token Williams-Black View Post
    If four + armed cops can't apprehend one man, something is wrong.
    I don't understand why people say 'armed' cops as if being 'armed' is magical in some way. It's not like they're trying to arrest Superman and the guns on their hips are kryptonite.

Would you have preferred that the cops just shot him? Because that's the only way that being 'armed' would have made any difference.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fastingforlife View Post
    Do you have the slightest idea how strong a six foot three, 250 lb, black man is? Do you ever wonder why they dominate every physically demanding sport? They are unstoppable. Then, when you jack them up on alcohol and drugs, they could probably throw around 8 to 10 white men like they were stuffed animals. Four+ armed cops means nothing to these guys. They must be properly subdued, before you bring them back to the precinct, or all hell is going to breakout. I know of cases, where they have bitten off cops noses, while handcuffed. Dealing with these "supermen" is not for the weak of heart or stomach.
    LOL. You have an inferiority complex.
    The problem is most cops are afraid to mix it up in hand to hand fighting. I've seen one bouncer choke the fuck out of man who was at least 20-40# heavier and 5 inches taller than he was. Too many chickenshit dudes are the ones who wanna be police officers.

If those four cops had coordinated their assault and two of them took King's legs and the other two held down his upper body, they could have subdued him without all the drama.

bannedforlife Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    The problem is most cops are afraid to mix it up in hand to hand fighting. I've seen one bouncer choke the fuck out of man who was at least 20-40# heavier and 5 inches taller than he was. Too many chickenshit dudes are the ones who wanna be police officers.

If those four cops had coordinated their assault and two of them took King's legs and the other two held down his upper body, they could have subdued him without all the drama.
    How do propose that a 5'4" 120 lb female cop deal with an uncooperative Mr. King?

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post

Whatever you want to call it, but I see black guys every day in Newark, who could probably knock out all my teeth (except my molars) with one punch. Fists that are more than double mine, and at 6'2" mine aren't small. And, they are getting bigger and stronger, with every new generation. I would not be a "beat" cop, if they paid me $500k, and I could retire with full pay in 10 years. Being a cop is a thankless job, with a risk level that is totally unacceptable.

Keeping it P.I. Veteran Poster Token Williams-Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    I don't understand why people say 'armed' cops as if being 'armed' is magical in some way. It's not like they're trying to arrest Superman and the guns on their hips are kryptonite.

Would you have preferred that the cops just shot him? Because that's the only way that being 'armed' would have made any difference.
    Let me rephrase that then. A group of ten-plus cops couldn't apprehend one man? I'll admit the baton should have been used...but not 56 times. Nor should he have been kicked at all, let alone six times.

Dick riding is NOT a form of transportation; it gets you NOWHERE.

Member Rookie Poster Luvs T Gyrls's Avatar

We had The Malice Green case here in Detroit,Two cops Larry Nevers and Walter Budzyn who were white beat him to death with flashlights in fall of '92 after a traffic stop,it was alleged that he died from chronic cocaine use, the photos showed otherwise,pretty brutal
    They were found guilty a few yrs later and did some time in federal prison.
    No riots,some outrage just another day in the D,that is all.

Keeping it P.I. Veteran Poster Token Williams-Black's Avatar

I would think 50+ blows from a blunt object would cause some kind of damage somewhere on the body.

Also, I do have an idea how strong a six foot three, 250 lb, black man is; my cousin is one. I also have an idea about how strong a group of ten-plus (male) cops can be collectively.

They beat that man because they thought they'd get away with it, plain and simple.

Dick riding is NOT a form of transportation; it gets you NOWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Token Williams-Black View Post
    I would think 50+ blows from a blunt object would cause some kind of damage somewhere on the body.

Also, I do have an idea how strong a six foot three, 250 lb, black man is; my cousin is one. I also have an idea about how strong a group of ten-plus (male) cops can be collectively.

They beat that man because they thought they'd get away with it, plain and simple.
    I believe if there was never a videotape, Mr. King would have turned his life around in due order. Be alive today, leading a productive life in anonymity. There were no winners in this case.

Banned - Long overdue. Junior Poster

Rodney King, useless piece of shit. Who fucking cares?

They should have given him 20 more lashes for good measure.

Last edited by hard4janira; 06-20-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Banned - Long overdue. Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fastingforlife View Post
    Being a cop is a thankless job, with a risk level that is totally unacceptable.
    What he said.