Veteran Poster

Default Brokeback Mt (What is your opinion)

This has been some ongoing debate in my workplace before the movie even came out (no pun).

Do you think those guys were gay men or just two staright men that fell in love w/ one another?

Me, I say they were straight.

It is easy to just say that they wre bi, but that is only a focus on the sexual attraction. I don't think sexual attraction was what tied them together at all. I think people can have the ability to fall in love with anyone regardless of thier sexual attraction.

It has never happened to me, even with my first TS woman there was an INTENSE physical attraction the first time I laid eyes on her.

I have an business acquaintence who has in a very long term very serious relationship (17 years plus) w/ a guy and he swears he was never been attracted to any other men before, during or since this relationship ended. He said what the guys in the movie went through personally was 100 times less intense than what he went through.

A lot of people want to write it off as denial on his part.

Junior Poster

Well to be honest one of the big problems i had with this film was the way the love between them was shown, they were never attracted to each other and all of a sudden they had sex together, they both denied they were gay and left each other but they continued to meet for years on end to have sex, in all honesty i dont know what kind of message this film was trying to send.

Stupidity has saved many a man from madness

Veteran Poster

But was it about sending a message. I used to write short stories and it is about the story and the story only, not really about sending a message in most cases.

But I think that men (and women) do fall for one another and resit those feelings, then when the sexual desire builds it explodes like that and they are left not understanding it, especially when the feelings still exist.

Like, I said I never dealt with it in my life but were that to happen to me (finding myself with feelings for a guy) it would trip me the hell out.

90% of the world would consider that most guys on this board who don't view these TS women as men and only men would be in the same kind of denial that these guys were in. But if they never had any feelings or attraction to other men, maybe they weren't gay.

Talk to gay men and you will find that a lot of times they have a straight guy in there past that was into them and freaked about about it but kept coming back for more.

I gathered that the character Jack Twist played by Jake Gyllenhaal was gay to begin with as evidenced by his checking out Ennis Del Mar played by Heath Ledger in the mirror of his car prior to even meeting him.

Later it shows Twist going down to Mexico way to hook up with some scary looking male hooker.

I think Ennis was straight,except for his affection for Twist....

My 2 cents

DJ Asia