Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: PLEASE SIGN THIS! Support equality for Transpeople!!

Signed it.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

I signed it, but I thought most people on this board were pro-Maury and Springer. I'm a bit confused as to why it's not OK for a network to switch it up, but when girls willingly go on tabloid shows to get subjugated and intentionally misgendered by a crowd of clinical morons, the girls defend the sensationalism factor as a part of doing business and many of the guys here insist on validating it as well.

Regardless, I'm sorry this happened to you Carmen.

~BB~

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

You should be trying to get on Good Morning America or The Today Show..then you will be heard. You have the pedigree for them to take you seriously..but you are preaching to the choir here

Fire away Veteran Poster TsJizelle's Avatar

I signed !

[CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Lick My Member Junior Poster shaustin's Avatar

This is just plain sad. Sadder still is when I first saw Carmen's post promoting her appearence I knew this or something just like it was bound to happen. Most all these networks are the same nowadays, and all the more so for 'reality' shows. All they're really about is drama and confrontation, and when there isn't any they use editing and music to make it appear as if there is. Saying she was appearing on 'Cake Boss' to me was just the same as saying she was going to guest star on 'Jersey Shore' or 'Hell's Kitchen', in the end they all amount to the same soul numbing ratings formula's execs have been using for the past decade. As for Carmen, your a lovely lady who truly did nothing to deserve such cruel treatment. I apologize for all the hateful and disrespectful people you've had to deal with over this, and I hope you never have to endure this kind of thing ever again. Your a fantastic person and are fine just the way you are, anyone other than yourself who disagrees isn't worth a second thought.

Eat a dick.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

I signed. Just wanted to say that you are beautiful person on the inside and the outside!

I signed it as well. We must change the attitudes of those exces who thinks it's ok to sensationalize trans-women.

Signed. Sorry you had to go through this. You were amazing on the show & I thought it got your seal of approval. Sad that it took this turn.

Free Spirit without a Spirit

DaNcE YoUr CaReS aWaY Junior Poster AcadiaVeneer's Avatar

SIGNED! Shame on you Cake Boss and TLC!

Quote Originally Posted by CarmenCarrera View Post
    Im so upset right now, I cant stop crying. My heart truly hurts. I need people to understand that I KNOW I was born male and not ashamed of it. I wouldn't of cared if they said I was born male or USED TO BE male. By calling me a 'MAN' promotes ignorance and makes it ok to call transgender women, men. PEOPLE GET BULLIED, BEAT UP, AND KILLED FOR BEING TRANS BECAUSE OF THIS IGNORANCE! There was a time it was like that for gay people, even for some ethnic groups. Its not ok to call a gay person a fag, its not ok to call a spanish person a spic, its not ok to call a black person a nigger. THIS IS THE SAME TYPE OF THING. I made it VERY clear to the producers on how to use the correct wording before agreeing to filming this but instead they chose to poke fun and be disrespectful. Thats not what Im about! Please voice your opinion.
    You've got my support, but I don't understand why you're collecting signatures for a petition. I mean, how do you plan to use the signatures anyhow? You can't force TLC to apologize if they don't feel it necessary no matter how many signatures you collect. They should, but there's no obligation.