Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Running mate?

bannedforlife Junior Poster

Default Re: Running mate?

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Link please.
    Well I watched the news report on TV, where the whole stupidity unfolded. And it was clearly explained as a key card error.

http://www.fivefeetoffury.com/2011/1...maining-idiot/

I will see if I can locate a copy of the key card from the school.

this isn't what you want, but its a start.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Remarkable how folk here are springing to the defence of a dullard from way back. Aren't there more important things than trying to prove Quayle was not a nincompoop.

As Trish said, let's at least see the evidence for the claim he was set-up.

So Quayle was given the wrong answer on a card. Would you spell Potato, Potatoe or Tomato Tomatoe because you given a ice of paper saying so. C'mon now....

While you are at it perhaps you could also prove that Spiro Agnew was framed for the misdeeds in Maryland that prompted his resignation.

After all Republicans can't be dumb or dishonest.

And looking at that link I see it is by the remarkably ill-informed Mark Steyn, one of the Right's more ludicrous promulgators of the notion that - within the next few years - Europe will be totally taken over by radical muslims. The man is an obsessive idiot.

Last edited by Prospero; 06-21-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Steyn is not a source he's a propagator, and biased at that (as evidenced by his use of "educrat"). Link a reliable source. Did Quayle himself claim he was mislead by a key card?
    Speaking of cards, it is said that Ronald and Nancy Reagan used Tarot cards to formulate foreign policy (I hope the cards weren't doctored by educrats and teachers).

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

You mean Ron and Nancy understood Tarot? I would have thought Snap or Happy Families were more their mark.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Prospero makes the key point: who needs a card to tell them how to spell something as basic as potato? On the other hand there are people who cannot talk in front of an audience without a script, not just actors either. Judging by recorded examples over the years, it might be a good idea for Presidents, vice-Presidents and candidates thereof to avoid schoolrooms, as they seem to become places they would rather forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Prospero makes the key point: who needs a card to tell them how to spell something as basic as potato? On the other hand there are people who cannot talk in front of an audience without a script, not just actors either. Judging by recorded examples over the years, it might be a good idea for Presidents, vice-Presidents and candidates thereof to avoid schoolrooms, as they seem to become places they would rather forget.
    An unscripted Obama once said we were a nation of 52 states, among other ludicrous remarks that the media has chosen to restrain. Imagine what would have happened, if Qualye said there were 52 states! He would have been forced to resign.

Food for thought. Since the potato/potatoe incident in the classroom, has the performance of students, at the grammar school level, improved, worsened or remained the same? Afterall, Qualye's visit was all about education in America, but that got lost in the starch.

Afterall, Qualye's visit was all about education in America...
    Don't believe that for a minute. It was all about campaigning and photo ops for the republican pretty boy...and none of that got lost.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Don't believe that for a minute. It was all about campaigning and photo ops for the republican pretty boy...and none of that got lost.
    He came across as an apple cheeked version of Pat Sajak, not particularly pretty.

Apple cheeked? Folks tell me he was a Mr. Potato head.