Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb WARNING! BREAKING NEWS!:exposure to Fox News makes voters stupid, university study fi

STUDY FINDS THAT Fox News Makes You Stupid?

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/ar...kes-you-stupid

FOX NEWS INSIDER: “Stuff Is Just Made Up”

Asked what most viewers and observers of Fox News would be surprised to learn about the controversial cable channel, a former insider from the world of Rupert Murdoch was quick with a response: “I don’t think people would believe it’s as concocted as it is; that stuff is just made up.”

Indeed, a former Fox News employee who recently agreed to talk with Media Matters confirmed what critics have been saying for years about Murdoch’s cable channel. Namely, that Fox News is run as a purely partisan operation, virtually every news story is actively spun by the staff, its primary goal is to prop up Republicans and knock down Democrats, and that staffers at Fox News routinely operate without the slightest regard for fairness or fact checking.

“It is their M.O. to undermine the administration and to undermine Democrats,” says the source. “They’re a propaganda outfit but they call themselves news.”

And that’s the word from inside Fox News.

Note the story here isn’t that Fox News leans right. Everyone knows the channel pushes a conservative-friendly version of the news. Everyone who’s been paying attention has known that since the channel’s inception more than a decade ago. The real story, and the real danger posed by the cable outlet, is that over time Fox News stopped simply leaning to the right and instead became an open and active political player, sort of one-part character assassin and one-part propagandist, depending on which party was in power. And that the operation thrives on fabrications and falsehoods.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201102100007

WARNING! BREAKING NEWS!:exposure to Fox News makes voters stupid, university study finds

exposure to Fox News makes voters stupid, university study finds

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/1...voters-stupid/

Default Re: WARNING! BREAKING NEWS!:exposure to Fox News makes voters stupid, university stud

Fox News Viewers Believe the Darndest Things, Study Finds

(Dec. 17) -- Fair and balanced ... and factually incorrect?

A newly released study out of the University of Maryland concludes that viewers of the Fox News Channel were "significantly more likely" to believe a host of factually incorrect information than viewers who watched other television news organizations.

Fox is by no means the only media outlet guilty of spreading what the study considers misniformation, but the channel's viewers were found to believe incorrect views on matters of established fact in much higher percentages than those peple who got their news of the world elsewhere.

Those who watched Fox News during the 2010 election cycle were significantly more likely than those who never watched it to believe that ...

... most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses (12 points more likely).

... most economists have estimated the health care law will worsen the deficit (31 points more likely).

... the economy is getting worse (26 points more likely).

... most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring (30 points more likely).

... the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts (14 points more likely).

... their own income taxes have gone up (14 points).

... the auto bailout only occurred under Obama (13 points).

... when TARP came up for a vote, most Republicans opposed it (12 points).

... it is not clear that Obama was born in the United States (31 points).

The study found that it wasn't just Republican Fox viewers who were swayed to believe the less-than-accurate information. Democratic viewers of the channel also more likely to believe those things, too.

Surge Desk's calls to the Fox News Channel for comment on the study were not returned.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/17/fo...s-study-finds/

Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: WARNING! BREAKING NEWS!:exposure to Fox News makes voters stupid, university stud

How much has Fox News and Conservative Radio dictated policy to Williard Romney? At least McCain would speak out against their nonsense of calling Obama a Muslim, or saying torture is good. I live in a swing state, Virginia, maybe I'll drive some T-girls to the polls this year. Every vote counts!

I find Rachel Maddow the best antidote to FiXX. If only she had boobs like some of the Fox "journalists"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msnbc_maddow_recess_rallies_090805a.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	474886  

World Class Asshole

Boy have I missed the rhetoric on here.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

LMAO...at the irony....What are we to make of the fact that Natina is as dumb as a toad, but never has watched Fox News ? There must be some other social or political factors at work in her case.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

If ignorance were bliss OMK would be the happiest ignoramus alive.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

But "the Donald" is king of the "bloviating ignorami".

Thank you George Will for the greatest descriptive ever.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    LMAO...at the irony....What are we to make of the fact that Natina is as dumb as a toad, but never has watched Fox News ? There must be some other social or political factors at work in her case.
    Right on que. Since when did spamming the boards=DUMB AS A TOAD?

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america

Senior Member Junior Poster bimale69's Avatar

I never cared for fox news(fake news?)anyways.

Graphic Evidence Of The Racism Of Fox News: Racial Photoshopping

News reports are suggesting that later today the authorities in Florida will announce charges against Trayvon Martin’s shooter, George Zimmerman. Coverage of this story was handled by Fox News in a manner that is revealing and offensive – and wholly unique to Fox News:

This is a journalistic lynching. And note, this is not Fox Nation. It is the mothership, Fox News. The editors at this alleged “news” network are demonstrating their overt hostility to both African-Americans and journalistic ethics. If this picture doesn’t finally establish the overarching prejudice of Fox, it’s hard to know what will. Their bias is so clearly being exercised with a zealotry that the Klan would shrink from. How do they get away with this?

This is a more impartial photo that does not disparage the victim (although it still is not as overtly cheerful as Zimmerman’s pic). You think they got a few complaints about the previous photo? They must have had a reason for changing it.

[Addendum] A couple of commenters have asserted (without proof) that the lighter picture of Trayvon was the one that was Photoshopped. Let’s say, for argument’s sake, that they are right and that the picture Fox used was not altered (at least by Fox). That does not change the fact that Fox made an editorial decision to use that picture. They had numerous pictures from which to choose of both Trayvon and Zimmerman, and they chose the most negative picture of Trayvon which they paired with the most positive picture of Zimmerman. That was not an accident. It was the result of deliberate editorial judgment. And it tells us everything we need to know about Fox’s editors.

There has also been some discussion as to whether making Trayvon look darker was inherently racist. Two points: 1) Making anyone look darker has the effect of making them look more sinister. And making the subject of a photo look more sinister, regardless of race, is blatant editorial bias. 2) Darker skinned African-Americans are not viewed more negatively by fair-minded people who are free of prejudice, but they are viewed more negatively by people predisposed to discriminate on the basis of race
    http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=6851