Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Rookie Poster

For those who haven’t seen it, or for those who have seen it and are simply a little slow, Crash is a cheesy, ham-fisted melodrama that makes Peter Jackson look like Wim Wenders. It’s bloated, predictable, filled with flat characters, and unpleasant to watch. It’s a tale about racism that never stops reminding you in bright colors and monosyllabic words and arbitrary plot points that you are watching a movie about racism, and it’s your duty to be moved by the film. If not, you don’t understand it. It’s a movie for people who don’t understand enough about movies to pick a good one from a fake one; it’s the cinematic equivalent of Ayn Rand, a film for posers and wannabes and that guy in your philosophy class who thinks he’s on the ball but pronounces the first “s” in “Descartes.”
    ----Dan Carlson

Completely co-sign. My original words were, "cheesy, flat, shallow, predictable, unstructured...". I love the fact that it brings up a very important social issue, but it's totally lacking in analysis and insights, or serious attempts to offer solutions apart from stating out and loud the obvious and trying too hard to get you moved and join the chanting. Acting was decent except Sandra Bullock who can't act shit. Some moving bits and pieces but in general forgettable as one complete art piece. I know nothing that I did not know about racism, I feel nothing that I did not feel about racism after watching Crash. Capote was a much better art piece than Crash. Oscar is too politically correct, or trying too hard to be politically correct, which undermines its authority on art.

I don't like Crash but I am not white BTW. I'm yellow

Junior Poster

Default Oscar

Crash is an excellent movie, very strong, great cast. Hustle and Flow was
    a dynamite movie also. I just wish T. Howard won something, he had a great year.
    I'll also vote that that Sin City was overlooked by the Oscars. Great Movie.
    Awesome Screenplay. Excellent role for Mickey Rourke.

The Only Men That Play With TGirls Are Real Men