Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

if you think crash isnt a good movie

you must be white

I know nothing about this movie. Why would you make a blanket statement like that? Seems like youre racist, deebo.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

we're all somewhat racist. That's what Crash dealt with. I didn't get the understanding vibe that some movies give. I'm sure Brokeback mountain isn't as much about the guy-guy thing but more of all the things that went into making shit rough and understanding what went into the decision making process. All crash had was a few isolated occurences thrown together and it was like it was supposed to have a message or something. There were some entertainning aspects of it, but it wasn't really thought provoking to me, but then again I'm an African American male from Miami, Florida so I know fucked up pretty damn well. Made most of the ppl I know think tho, so I Guess it's all in relation.

but as far as the movie goes, I think it was cool resume material.
    and it didn't cost them a whole lotta money for the actors that they got. So that's cool.

The other crash actually gave me something to think about tho...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Junior Poster

I personally prefer watching the Independent Spirit Awards. The Oscars are such a fucking bore. But Crash was a great film and deserved the Oscar.

Brokeback Mountain is a overrated film. It only got so much attention because it starred Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger. Films like Brokeback have been done various times in indie and foreign films. It was mainly driven by its star power.

I'd have to agree with Quentin Tarantino when he said on Kimmel that Sin City and The Devil's Rejects were overlooked by the Oscars. He also mentioned Hostel but I didn't see that film.

"Girls stink, they stink, they're evil, they're all bad, all of them, they're backstabbers"-Vincent Gallo 'Buffalo 66'

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSteel
    I'd have to agree with Quentin Tarantino when he said on Kimmel that Sin City and The Devil's Rejects were overlooked by the Oscars. He also mentioned Hostel but I didn't see that film.

Oooh, I almost forgot about those two. They were good.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Perverted Monk

Oooh, I almost forgot about those two. They were good.
    You know what else I think was forgoten, Cinderella Man.

"Girls stink, they stink, they're evil, they're all bad, all of them, they're backstabbers"-Vincent Gallo 'Buffalo 66'

Better watch out South you disagreed with the morally insignificant chefcornholed.

Veteran Poster

Default Re: " CRASH" wins Oscar for Best Picture

Quote Originally Posted by mds
    Quote Originally Posted by tsluva

for those who have yet to see Crash
    ( don't confuse it with the James Spader version)
    i very strongly recommend it.

Are you implying that something was wrong with the James Spader flick?
    yep!
    i thought getting horny cuz someone having an
    possible automobile car wreck was a bit ridiculous.
    just never got into it.

Veteran Poster

I personally prefer watching the Independent Spirit Awards. The Oscars are such a fucking bore. But Crash was a great film and deserved the Oscar.

Brokeback Mountain is a overrated film. It only got so much attention because it starred Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger. Films like Brokeback have been done various times in indie and foreign films. It was mainly driven by its star power.

then keep an eye open because SIN CITY 2 is already in the
    making.

Rookie Poster

Actually Cinderalla Man was nominated three times I think, best supporting male actor, make up and I think costume design.

I agree about sin city gettin snub, at least an acknowledgment in terms of special effects would have been well done. Hostel no where near deserves an oscar nod, its an ok flick but not oscar caliber.

I was most surprised that Lord Of War had not been nominated for any category, It was my personal favorite movie of 2005 with Capote at a close second.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

anyway my biggest upset
    was that dolly parton didnt win for best song
    or felicity hoffman for transamerica

i hated that song that won and i hated the presentation and performance
    btw- i am a rap fan, i just think that songs SUCKS

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr