Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Gay men disliking trans women?

Now, when I say this I'm not talking about ALL gay males, since my brother is gay and he's very accepting of me, however, I have noticed a lot of gay men seem to have a problem with trans girls. It really gets under my skin that so many of them think that because they don't understand us that it isn't reality or that we're just effeminate men. Of course they don't understand, THEY'RE MEN. I'm a woman, they're men, and I'm sick of so many of them thinking we're on the same level somehow. I truly don't understand why people even compare trans girls and gay men.... People say, well weren't you a gay boy before transitioning? And, the answer is 100 % NO. To be a gay guy you have to have a male brain, male identity, and see yourself with another male, all of which I've never had and/or wanted. Sorry if this is a bit of rant but it just seems like a lot of gay men have this underlying hatred towards trans girls in general. They want acceptance and tolerance but a lot of them aren't willing to accept us for who we are.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Gay men disliking trans women?

Quote Originally Posted by maddygirl View Post
    Now, when I say this I'm not talking about ALL gay males, since my brother is gay and he's very accepting of me, however, I have noticed a lot of gay men seem to have a problem with trans girls. It really gets under my skin that so many of them think that because they don't understand us that it isn't reality or that we're just effeminate men. Of course they don't understand, THEY'RE MEN. I'm a woman, they're men, and I'm sick of so many of them thinking we're on the same level somehow. I truly don't understand why people even compare trans girls and gay men.... People say, well weren't you a gay boy before transitioning? And, the answer is 100 % NO. To be a gay guy you have to have a male brain, male identity, and see yourself with another male, all of which I've never had and/or wanted. Sorry if this is a bit of rant but it just seems like a lot of gay men have this underlying hatred towards trans girls in general. They want acceptance and tolerance but a lot of them aren't willing to accept us for who we are.
    I'm pretty open minded so : don't worry about the FAGOTS, they just are not in to girls, no matter the gender
    Live and let live
    Stay safe

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Some love us. Some loathe us. Feminine gay men are often at the bottom of the gay male food chain themselves.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by top4bigbutt View Post
    I'm pretty open minded so : don't worry about the FAGOTS, they just are not in to girls, no matter the gender
    wait... 2 genders of females?

only on hungangels

They are just jealous, most of them can't handle the fact that there are a lot of "straight"men that are into ts's but that those same men dont want have anything to do with gays guys.

Some gay men also dislike lesbian women, bisexual men and bisexual women....just because someone is a minority in one way does not guarantee that he or she is open-minded and accepting overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Some gay men also dislike lesbian women, bisexual men and bisexual women....just because someone is a minority in one way does not guarantee that he or she is open-minded and accepting overall.
    The big fallacy (phallus-y?) is that gay men are, by and large, accepting of other sexual minorities (like the other letters in LGBT). That has not been my personal experience in the least. Quite a few are even hostile to heteros in general and even more so to the notion that some married couples swing or have open marriages. I get the fact that just about any marginalized group is going to have issues with the "other" group or groups but in these instances it creates an odd sort of pecking order that really holds back the acceptance of sexual diversity in general. Just sayin....

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels... but don't think for one second that I am one of them. (Sherlock Holmes)

Quote Originally Posted by sensuelle View Post
    They are just jealous, most of them can't handle the fact that there are a lot of "straight"men that are into ts's but that those same men dont want have anything to do with gays guys.

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels... but don't think for one second that I am one of them. (Sherlock Holmes)

Just another net knob Junior Poster jimbo1974's Avatar

Jeez - you guys love sticking labels on people dont you ?

I very much doubt all gay men hate trannies. I expect some do, but thats not particularly earth shattering is it ?

Senior Member Veteran Poster KittyPride's Avatar

I do not have a problem with gay men....
    Also I think that MOST MEN expect us to be like them somehow... (no matter how feminine you are). The moment you tell them you are a TS... most men think that you must be somehow "on their side".
    I would say. Use this to your advantage. Most men like us to be on their side anyway.

Also I rather be compared to gay men... then to straight men.
    I have more in commen to gay men then I have with most straight men.

The transgender world is largerly made up of straight men wanting to be woman.
    I rather be seen as an feminine boy then as a straight men who wants to be a woman.

Now that I would find really insulting and I would take offense.

Last edited by KittyPride; 05-04-2012 at 03:10 PM.