Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fire away Veteran Poster TsJizelle's Avatar

Default No Wonder They Say Cab Drivers R Crazy!

Even stupid crazy stuff is happening up here in the Great North!

I'm not saying that the people were right or the cabby was right in this, but damn it made me gasp cuz it caught me off guard. Wasnt' sure when something bad was going to happen but then bam it did.

I really hope the guy is ok though....

One thing we have to remember from this, is metal is metal and flesh is flesh. no matter how many people you can band together, always someone's gonna get hurt when you can be overpowered.

this is also why I don't work in clubs anymore. I'm already traumatized from taking stiletoes out of girl's heads and holding their nose onto their face so it doesn't fall off that I don't need to see more drunk people acting stupid and someone always getting badly hurt.

sorry about the rant but damn some people really just don't think..

[CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Fire away Veteran Poster TsJizelle's Avatar

Default Re: No Wonder They Say Cab Drivers R Crazy!

Here's an article on it:

Video: Taxi runs over man in Montreal, driver questioned

MONTREAL Disturbing images are circulating on the Internet, showing a man apparently being run over by a taxi cab in Montreal.

A 23-year-old man is now in hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

Police say a 47-year-old taxi driver and some of his customers are being investigated, and there could be criminal charges.

The incident occurred overnight Saturday in a lively downtown district.

Constable Yannick Ouimet says it appears the taxi driver was having an argument with three fares when he told them to get out of the taxi, and that’s when things escalated.

He says a group of people were kicking the vehicle. Then the incident occurred.

Police are aware of several videos circulating online and say they are being used in the investigation.

One video posted to YouTube shows a conflict escalating, with a group of men kicking at a car and one man jumping on its roof. Moments later, the vehicle drives right over one of the men.

The car then speeds away, down the street.

The Canadian Press

Courtesy : http://www.thespec.com/news/canada/a...ver-questioned

[CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Grim stuff, makes you wonder why people can't just go out and enjoy themselves -yes taxi drivers have obnoxious fares and frauds who don't want to pay, but whatever the argument was, he should have driven away and not let those people wind him up. Driving over someone like that is inexcusable. The service industry has to put up with a lot of idiots, and people who work in it are not always right, but the driver lost his self-control and will probably be the one who loses the most out of this, as long as the man he run over is not permanently injured. I must admit Montreal seemed to me when I was there to be quite wild at night in some areas, esp the Rue St Catherine near the Latin Quarter.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Until you drive a Taxi don't even try to put yourself in his shoes . Do you know what they go thru & how dangerous their job is ? The driver put out unruly passengers which is a reason to refuse to continue the trip . He was then attack by a group of thugs . I want to see what you look like after being hit repeatly with a skateboard . Now add several more . From what I saw, the driver was trying to drive away when one of the Thugs in the process off attacking the Cab and trying to get at the driver slipped and fell directly in from of the moving vehicle .

I don't know anything about this driver, i just know what i saw in the video . I do know that standards have declined among the ranks of cab drivers, especially in larger cities where immigrants have taken over and have not assimilated . Luckily where i live this has yet to happen . We have problems though . Mostly with certain types that should not be driving, don't follow the rules & don't know what the METER is for . There are still enough drivers here that know what quality service is and to treat passengers properly and with courtesy . There just are not as many .

I live in a City that has a Busy Port, Livily Nightlife & is a major Tourist Destination . We also have a large Military Precence . We also have per capita more taxis than any other city in the USA . Hence the number of drivers who should not be driving .

In closing i want to say The Thugs in this video are lucky they were not shot . Had they done this to a police car/officer they would have been . Just remember what happened to Reginald Denny when he stopped his Dump Truck .

Lastly, i am sure the driver was on his radio or cell phone to his dispatcher or 911 as this was happening and pulled over when he was safe distance away .

I say ban automobiles

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

I fucking HATE cab drivers.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    I fucking HATE cab drivers.
    Here in the UK, particularly in London, they are notorious for their rabid right-wing views, but on the other hand the compulsory "knowledge" of London means that you'll always get to your destination.

Without punching their lights out if you're lucky.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Dealt with this one crazy cabbie when I worked the door who runs up to me asking, "Are you Frank?!?!?!?" I paused for a minute enjoying his anxiety then slowly replied, "Hmmmmmm... Naw... I more into beating around the bush."

I spent years wrestling or pouring people into cabs letting the driver know how much money he had left after I taxed him.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Here in the UK, particularly in London, they are notorious for their rabid right-wing views, but on the other hand the compulsory "knowledge" of London means that you'll always get to your destination.

Without punching their lights out if you're lucky.
    Exactly . They have to work their way up several levels / areas before they can work the center of the city . It takes years .

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Rhodes View Post
    Until you drive a Taxi don't even try to put yourself in his shoes . Do you know what they go thru & how dangerous their job is ? The driver put out unruly passengers which is a reason to refuse to continue the trip . He was then attack by a group of thugs . I want to see what you look like after being hit repeatly with a skateboard . Now add several more . From what I saw, the driver was trying to drive away when one of the Thugs in the process off attacking the Cab and trying to get at the driver slipped and fell directly in from of the moving vehicle .
    Watch it again and you will see that the taxi first stops, it then drives in one direction, but turns round and targets an individual, that is the core problem: after the first pause a car drives past: the taxi driver should have taken the same direction and just driven away, he didn't. You miss the point that late night service personnel have to deal with drunks and idiots all the time but are trained -or should be- to defuse a situation and if its in a McDonalds/Burger bar get security or the manager to deal with it. He threw the fare out of the cab, fair enough -since he knew the fare was trouble, he should have driven on. Its not nice either way, but nobody gets hurt.