Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Glee introduces transgendered female character: Unique

Quote Originally Posted by MdR Dave View Post
    "Unique"? LMAO!

OK.No desire or plans to watch the show.But this is him or her.

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    If she was transgendered they should have NOT made the character a CD initially. Let the character go through HRT at least.
    The Glee producers are almost ALL gay men, so IMO this character is a DQ more than transgendered.

It's great for the topic to get more publicity on mainstream TV, but most Ts that I know of started living fulltime early on.
    It's television, so what's the harm in having that character be T 24/7??

IMO this is a gay man's interpretation of a transgendered.
    coming to terms with being transgendered and starting transition is a bit of a legthy process.
    my whole life i was very feminine and confused as to why god didnt make me a girl.i started dressing up at 16.i wasnt on hormones (had no clue about them) but i would spend months at a time dressed as a girl and then eventually go back to guy mode.this was a very confusing time for me because i didnt really have any exposure to gay or trans people.i had no idea what was going on with me.i knew i was attracted to men but i also knew that most gay men didnt have a desire to be a girl like i did.i continued to live this way (half the year as a girl and the other half as a boy) until around 18/19 when male puberty really started to hit and i knew that i couldnt get away with dressing as a girl anymore.
    it wasnt until i moved to new york that i met my first trans girl and finally had a name for what was going on in me.i was like...huh theres a word for how i feel and you mean i can actually do something about it?!?! i was ecstatic . started taking hormones and havent looked back since....
    the point is,its a process.no of us just popped up with tits, looking lovely.for most of us its a long,confusing and often painful road that started as soon as we became aware of gender as children.

Senior Member Junior Poster innocentbychoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
    I cant believe people in here of all places are being critical .... a positive portrayal of someone who says they are transgender is presented on Network TV and people are complaining because she's a boy ... What the????

Every tg girl started life as a boy and they choose the time to start transitioning depending on a lot of factors. Frankly showing a boy in High School who comes out and says that he feels like a woman inside is probably one of the high watermarks for the presentation of transgender people.
    Exactly. Some girls here love to complain about EVERYTHING.

Senior Member Junior Poster innocentbychoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amberskyi View Post
    coming to terms with being transgendered and starting transition is a bit of a legthy process.
    my whole life i was very feminine and confused as to why god didnt make me a girl.i started dressing up at 16.i wasnt on hormones (had no clue about them) but i would spend months at a time dressed as a girl and then eventually go back to guy mode.this was a very confusing time for me because i didnt really have any exposure to gay or trans people.i had no idea what was going on with me.i knew i was attracted to men but i also knew that most gay men didnt have a desire to be a girl like i did.i continued to live this way (half the year as a girl and the other half as a boy) until around 18/19 when male puberty really started to hit and i knew that i couldnt get away with dressing as a girl anymore.
    it wasnt until i moved to new york that i met my first trans girl and finally had a name for what was going on in me.i was like...huh theres a word for how i feel and you mean i can actually do something about it?!?! i was ecstatic . started taking hormones and havent looked back since....
    the point is,its a process.no of us just popped up with tits, looking lovely.for most of us its a long,confusing and often painful road that started as soon as we became aware of gender as children.
    Well said Amber.

Freudian Slip Platinum Poster Wendy Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    That may be so, but the portrayal of gay drama geek turned femme is still cliched IMO. I'd like to see more varied types of transwomen on TV.

~BB~
    You say it's cliched, but hey - everyone thought I was gay when I worked in theatre.

Professional Poster alyssaluxor's Avatar

when i watched this episode I taught she(unique) is a cisgender girl I didnt know shes a transgender girl. shes passable for me