Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This was all b4 the market crashed..wonder what happened to their town..they were prob forced to work extra shifts at dominoes to keep it afloat lol

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Great! His town can suck just like his pizzas.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

seamonkey Junior Poster

On the surface, this whole thing is not dissimilar to the Amish or the Mormons forming separate communities based on their religious principles. The US has a long history of utopian experiments, from all parts of the spectrum. However, historically, most of them fail and I suspect this one will, too, mostly because it has no charismatic visionary leader, i.e., Monaghan did not (as far as I can tell) have a religious vision as a source for setting up the town, just hardened political views, and he is definitely not a charismatic type. With most utopian movements, once the founding leader dies (or is ousted), everything falls apart in petty political bickering among the successors.

On the other hand, one could also see the hypocrisy of the conspiracy theory held by many on the extreme right that Muslims in the US are trying to establish "Shariah law" in some cities (including Dearborn, Michigan, which happens to be in Monaghan's home territory! I know because I am also originally from that area.). I have no idea if Monaghan and his supporters hold this view, but it is interesting to consider--the denial and projection.

Personally, I am happy to see right wingers and religious fanatics remove themselves from the rest of society so they have less influence and can cause less damage. I'd prefer to see Monaghan and his followers go set up the town in the middle of the rainforest somewhere, but I think he's likely to fail regardless. I feel sorry for children raised in that environment, just like in Texas where the state board of education is adopting religious-based revisionist history as the standard for all their textbooks.

Professional Poster

The Domino's delivery guy made me say grace before he handed over my pizza!!! He said starting from next week he's only delivering loaves and fishes...

Last edited by traLika; 10-08-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by traLika View Post
    The Domino's delivery guy made me say grace before he handed over my pizza!!! He said starting from next week he's only delivering loaves and fishes...
    Tom Monaghan sold Dominos in 1998. It spent some time in a LBO firm. That company still owns 30% of Dominos; the rest is traded on the NYSE.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by subspace View Post
    Tom Monaghan sold Dominos in 1998. It spent some time in a LBO firm. That company still owns 30% of Dominos; the rest is traded on the NYSE.

Thanks for the update. As you can see, ignorance is bliss...

Junior Poster

Maybe we shouldn't keep paving over more of our farm lands? I'm just saying, if this keeps going like it is, 50 years from now, where the hell we going to grow food? Not to mention we keep breeding like flies!

live and let live.

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rick_932 View Post
    just one step closer to forming a cult
    im assuming his idol is jimmy jones lol dont drink the cool aid damn it

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

these people are nuts
    they are waisting their time
    because there is not ''God'' ah ah ah
    luckily we don`t have these religious nutters here
    and btw these religious nutters are all a bunch of hypocrits

www.fitgoddessbabe.com

''stereotypes were made to be broken''
    ''many people still confuse masculine with muscular….''
    ''Being strong is also feminine.feminine doesn't equals being weak!Being strong is very sexy!''
    ''never judge people before you get to know them''
    ''we can achieve anything,if we work hard for it''