Junior Poster

Default Avn awards ar out and it seems the fix is in.

Avn awards ar out and it seems the fix is in.

Best Transsexual Release- She-Male Domination Nation, Nacho Vidal/Evil Angel
    This is Nacho's first TS video and it won.

Transsexual Performer of the Year- Vanity

Suprise!

I guess it Pays to Pay. Evil Angel is a large ad revenue provider for the magazine. It is just a shame to make it so obvious.

I am Frank the webmaster and only photographer for Franks-Tgirlworld
    The Free Franks-tgirlworld.com forum

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

I worked @ The AVN convention all week with Gia and Joanna and also attended the awards show with both of them. I really enjoy doing the show and this was my second year in attendance.

While I believe that every awards show on earth in political and based on amount of money spent on advertising, the most interesting thing about the newly created transsexual award was that although every other performance award was given on stage by the presenters, the ts award was given in the segments where the winners are announced on a pre recorded tape. Therefore not giving the transsexual winner the ability to go on stage and speak in front of the audience as all the other winners. While the AVN, thanks to Joanna Jet, has finally acknowledged us as a credible part of the adult industry...I find it quite interesting that we were still not allowed to speak. I guess these are the little things that sometimes make us feel like second hand citezens, but I guess in the eyes of many we are. Regardless, the AVN does deserve huge credit for having the balls to recognize us.

Over all I had a blast, and I gotta thank my sisters Gia and Joanna for their hospitality. I got to meet tons of fans, guys, other stars, made great connections, and just had so much fun. Maybe next year the winner will be able to talk live.

Big Kiss

Allanah

Still Here 5 Star Poster

This is very similar to the way the Grammy awards initally treated rap. I think seanchai's idea for an independent award is right on the money.

Joanna Jet Veteran Poster joannajet's Avatar

Default No free handouts

As long as the premier adult industry awards is run by a commercial advertiser with a closed panel, the results will remain a source of contention.

I am not naive and admit to having thrown both money and influence at AVN but the results showed that I simply did not come anywhere close to chipping away at Evil Angel's financial power.

Results aside, Allanah and Gia will both testify at my anger on the night at the "TS performer of the year" award not being stage based.
    This anger being fed by the frustration that a battle must be fought for every inch of progress, caused by the mainstream industry's inability to understand that they are practising nothing less than Transsexual apartheid.

I agree with both Senchai and Allanah that a "TS adult awards" would be a good thing and I have already pledged my support for this but I feel that it cannot be at the expense of acceptance into the mainstream.

For the world to be a better place, we need convergence not segregation.

Kiss kiss,

Joanna Jet
    xxx

Certainly on the night of Martin Luther King day, and even if I have no f'n clue about the adult industry in the least, I have to throw my support behind Joanna's "convergence, not segregation" ideal.

Then again, there are some people who will always be warped in the head.