Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Default Conservative Thinking is "Low Effort"

Coming on the heels of the finding of a link between IQ, prejudice and conservatism
    http://news.yahoo.com/low-iq-conserv...180403506.html
    comes new evidence that shows impaired thinking leads to conservative decisions. Unlike previous correlational evidence, this study uses experiments to causally demonstrate its effect. Old news to most of us, but interesting to see it confirmed in the lab.

The abstract:

"The authors test the hypothesis that low-effort thought promotes political conservatism. In Study 1, alcohol intoxication was measured among bar patrons; as blood alcohol level increased, so did political conservatism (controlling for sex, education, and political identification). In Study 2, participants under cognitive load reported more conservative attitudes than their no-load counterparts. In Study 3, time pressure increased participants’ endorsement of conservative terms. In Study 4, participants considering political terms in a cursory manner endorsed conservative terms more than those asked to cogitate; an indicator of effortful thought (recognition memory) partially mediated the relationship between processing effort and conservatism. Together these data suggest that political conservatism may be a process consequence of low-effort thought; when effortful, deliberate thought is disengaged, endorsement of conservative ideology increases.

http://psp.sagepub.com/content/early...39213.abstract

Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Conservative Thinking is "Low Effort"

duuuh!!

World Class Asshole

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

This is classic folks.....Bevis copies and pastes and Butthead answers. The only stooge missing is Joe Biden !!! You can't make this shit up...LMFAO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	democrat liberals_dont_need_oil.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	461119  

Last edited by onmyknees; 03-31-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Hey onmyknees.....what were your SAT scores?

World Class Asshole

Thanks to OMK for volunteering to demonstrate the described pattern by copying & pasting some picture instead of presenting an argument. Doesn't get much more cognitively limited than that. LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassCat View Post
    Thanks to OMK for volunteering to demonstrate the described pattern by copying & pasting some picture instead of presenting an argument. Doesn't get much more cognitively limited than that. LMAO!
    yeah!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tornadoes-trailer-parks-demotivational-poster-1285514489.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	461132  

World Class Asshole

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Why would I possibly answer a couple buffoons trolling on a tranny site with an in depth studious response? Nothing that transpires here is worth spending a second of my time if I have something more productive to do.... And this from the guy that no matter the mountain of evidence presented on any number of topics from the stimulus to the root causes of the financial crisis, finds some goofy unsubstantiated chart or college study to discount it. I recall I posted a direct quote from Larry Summers...obtained from a leaked memo...the chief architect of the stimulus stating that it was nothing more than a payoff to contributors and union cronies.....yet you still cling to the notion the stimulus was a smashing success...so again....what's the point of presenting any contrary evidence to you? Yahoo News? LMAO...is that like AOL News ( aka Huff Po) ....when it makes the Wall Street Journal or any number of medial journals...wake me up...ok? It's the same old same old...liberals smart and enlighten....all others ridge running crackers. If y'all are so fucking smart...please put the 20 million out of work Americans back to work and lower the price of gas...it's costing me a fortune to fill my Hummer ! lmao You're tolerant of everything and everybody except diversity of opinion....so stick your version of tolerance up you well worn ass.
    Certain things and certain people interest me...others don't. You and Butthead don't....what can I say? You're boring, ordinary and predictable...Even if I spent the entire weekend dismantling every thesis in the study....what would be the point? You'd still be a disbelieving dupe.

And BTW....it seems at least so far, your thread is a snoozer.....The only response is mockinly from me.... It's that boring thing again.

Certain things and certain people interest me

Why don't you humour us and rattle a few off...(this should be good)

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    Even if I spent the entire weekend dismantling every thesis in the study....what would be the point?
    Why don't you spend 1 minute 'dismantling' just one its points if it's so easy? Oh you can't? Add another fail to your long list on these boards. Maybe it's because you're a dishonest punk who rejects anything that threatens to pop your protective little bubble of misinformation. Just change the subject and attack the messenger AGAIN. It's worked well for Romney so far; he's only trailing by Obama by 10, LMAO!