Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Default Re: Court rRuling on Obamacare

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    The "Affordable" Health Care Act. And that's just the start....there was so much budget trickery in the original bill to keep it under a billion it was a joke... Now the CBO has revised it's original number and it's a budget buster. Check it out...you might need CPR ! I hope you have the proper coverage. lol
    Yes, indeed you should check it out, which you clearly haven't. Here are the side by side comparisons of estimates from 2010 and now of both gross and net costs. As you can see net costs have FALLEN. So much for your right-wing fairy tale. Try pushing that shit over at Stormfront where you have a sympathetic audience.

The sad thing is that while you say "I hope you have the proper coverage," you actually don't hope that at all. You support denying people coverage and letting them die for a lack of it. It's nothing new, but it is worth noting every now and then that morally, you're an utter monster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	health reform gross costcoverage aca.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	461147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heath care net cost coverage.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	461148  

We should take comfort in the most recent polls that show the President surging in a head to head contest with Romney. It's as if the prospect of the Court overturning AHC is energizing support for Obama's reelction. People claim to be against Obamacare in principle, but at the end of the day they know they'll be better off under the new law

OK folks. I want to go on record with my prediction as we get close to crunch time. It's pretty simple arithmetic. 9 Justices total... 5 Republicans, 4 Dems. The 4 Dems are rock solid with the President but one or more of the Republicans will cave in and vote with the Democratic minority. Kennedy will certainly be one of them and there could be another. The vote may actually be 6-3 in favor.

The US Supreme Court will rule that Obamacare is constitutional in its entirety.

The law stands as written and will be fully implemented by the end of 2014.
    You've heard it here first !

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Hope you're right, flabby, but I have my doubts. It is a fact (using OMK phraseology here) that to overturn this law, Scalia and Kennedy will have to ignore other rulings and opinions that they have made which support the commerce clause. It's a rogue court. They use precedent where it supports a decision that they personally favor, and they ignore precendent where it doesn't match up with their personal wants and desires.

This is a final chance for Kennedy to look like anything other than a complete partisan hack. Does he hold onto the final shred of dignity over a long career? I wouldn't place real money on it.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Tecnically, It's 5 Conservatives, and 5 Liberals, But I hope Flabbybody is right and this is the first step to the greatest Healthcare System in the World. (Hillarycare)

WASHINGTON — Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas hit a milestone Tuesday by not asking a single question during the morning's oral arguments. It has been five years since Thomas uttered a question to a lawyer arguing a case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thomasx-large.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	476716  

World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Poor old Clarence, he's way out of his league and he knows it. He too afraid to emit so much as a squeak for fear of being humiliated. That or his mind is so closed he feels no need to probe, test or inquire.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I tend to think that Ronald Dworkin is a considerably greater and more reliable authority on whether Obama's health care plans are constitutional or not than Faldur and certainly than our own pocket demagogue, OMK - the jailbird.

This is a very cogent argument published recently in the NY Review of books.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/arch...gination=false

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Tecnically, It's 5 Conservatives, and 5 Liberals, But I hope Flabbybody is right and this is the first step to the greatest Healthcare System in the World. (Hillarycare)

WASHINGTON — Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas hit a milestone Tuesday by not asking a single question during the morning's oral arguments. It has been five years since Thomas uttered a question to a lawyer arguing a case.
    I never had Clarence as one of the potential Republican defectors.

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Sounds like from the comments of Scalia's forthcoming book that we can rule out him siding with the 4 liberal justices. It's really down to Kennedy, although some analysts still rate Roberts as an extreme longshot on a vote to uphold.

Personally, I think the ACA is a kludge of a law. I think it's better than nothing with a provision preventing denial of coverage based on pre-existing conditions. But I'm guessing this gets struck down and things will have to get a lot worse before critical mass is reached and real health care reform is passed. My favorite remedy would be a movement to demand that Congress strip themselves of health care coverage. Could work too if voters had the 'nads to vote out the incumbent and for the guy/girl who is willing to forgo coverage until universal coverage is passed.

Senior Member Silver Poster

One of my doctors was Chief Justice Rehnquist's endocrinologist when he had thyroid cancer. He was my buddy and made "the phone call" for me. It's good to have friends in high places.

World Class Asshole