Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Travel Advice for Los Angles needed Please.

Hi Guys, I will be travelling to Los Angles from Australia for business late in April and was hoping to get some advice on the best area to stay in, and some do’s and don’ts to do while i am there.
    Also any advice on some good places to meet TS girls would be great i.e.: any bars and clubs that you would recommend.

Many thanks from down under

Default Re: Travel Advice for Los Angles needed Please.

Los Angeles is pretty spread out, you'll need to rent a car. If you have much money, try to find a place near the coast. The further inland you go, the lower the hotel rates but the increased chances of being in hostile territory ... probably your best deals while remaining in a fairly safe area would be 4-5 miles inland. A bid street that traverses LA north and south is Sepulveda Blvd, this might be a decent street to look for bargains with respect to lodging.

If your business is paying, have your travel agent find you a nice place in Century City, Beverly Hills, Westwood, Brentwood, Santa Monica, or the Pacific Palisades. If any of those match the address of the business with which you are dealing... perfecto!

Did I mention, you'll need to rent a car?

Wow! Look at my cat avatar!

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Do you know which part of LA you are going to be in? That would help narrow things down a bit. The public transportation is non-existent, and LA is spread out over a wide area. If you're working someplace out near the airport, and staying downtown, it's not unusual to spend two hours in a car going one direction. If there's a cab involved, it can get super-expensive really quick.

If you are working in downtown LA, like right downtown, I'd actually stay in Koreatown at a place called the JJ Grand, just off Wilshire near Western Ave (another major road). It's nice, relatively safe neighborhood, and you can get downtown by either going Wilshire or 6th streets with ease. Plus it's close access to the 101 which gets you to WeHo, or relatively close to some of the clubs if you can follow mapquest directions.

If you are going to be south of the Downtown area, I don't know where to tell you to stay. Someone else may have to jump in.

Do's aren't as easy, they depend on you. But Don'ts are easy. Don't go to Disney, it's a long drive down to Orange County, and not worth it unless you're a 10 year old. Also avoid Hollywood, it's shitty. Streetwalkers, panhandlers, and crap as far as the eye can see. For a few stars in a sidewalk and an old theater, it's hardly worth it. Also don't expect to get anywhere quickly on a weekday unless it's between like 11 am and 3 pm. Even then, if you can stick to side roads, it's probably better.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Professional Poster

bring lot's of money

don't show any of it!

carry a 9mm would be a big safety plus....

dress down look poor

crooks can see and read you that you not from around here..

watch your back everywhere you go...

LA is huge don't get lost!!!!

FYI, I lived in Hollywood area for 24 years and seen it all...

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Stay north of the 10 and west of the 405. If not you'll add about 30-45 minutes to any trip you take in town. Unless it's to the beach.

And skip the beach- unless we get some decent swell (and you surf) there's nothing to recommend it until around May.

As others have said LA is very spread out. Hire a car or you can't do much.

Regards accomodation, depends on your budget.

West Hollywood, you've got the 'party hotels'. The Standard, Mondrian (and Sky bar) and the London, set back at the far end of the Sunset strip. Safe area but you won't get much action from TS's although the sky bar in the Mondrian has a few from time to time.

Further along Hollywood Boulevard it becomes a lot more 'Motel' but these places are pretty safe and cheap. Down the side of Amoeba music off Hollwood Boulevard heading south is a club on the right hand side. Forget the name but it's a straight club where I've seen tons of TS's over the years out on a night with their girlfriends.

Can't vouch much for the west-side. To me that's everything from east of the 101 freeway. So, Santa Monica, Venice, Bev Hills, Malibu etc; I'm more of an east side guy. Los Feliz, Silverlake, Downtown. (Lived in Los Feliz for 6 years) It's also close to Thai town and you might find one or two ladyboys searching out a bowl of Kheuy Tiaew of an evening. There are certainly a few Thai ladyboys living there - just past Western heading east on hollywood.

North Hollywood is where some of the TS clubs seem to be. Never been to one but a fair share of the girls live this way over in the valley from sherman oaks, through NoHo to burbank.

LA is kinda large so take advice from people on here about where the safe areas are. Incidentally Korea town is not famous for its safety. They have a big mugging problem in that area as it falls between two police forces and nobody can seem to decide who's job it is to police the area and respond to calls. It's also in an area where you can easily take a turn into a not so great neigbourhood - so unless you're very streetwise I'd stay clear. Ditto the taco stand down on Highland where a bunch of TS streetwalkers hang out.

Ok, that's all I can think of for now. Hire a car!

Rookie Poster

Thanks, i will be getting a car for sure, and the business is paying fro the accommodation so i will be sure to sort somewhere nice.
    any advice on night spots?

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nothinglessthan9 View Post
    Incidentally Korea town is not famous for its safety. They have a big mugging problem in that area as it falls between two police forces and nobody can seem to decide who's job it is to police the area and respond to calls. It's also in an area where you can easily take a turn into a not so great neigbourhood - so unless you're very streetwise I'd stay clear.
    I lived in K-town, the area I mentioned, it's low crime, & it's all businesses in that few blocks. My office was across the street, had people stay there all the time. It was never a problem. Thai town on the other hand, and a few places on Hwd blvd, that's asking for trouble.

Jus wookin puh nub.

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

stay in beverly hills ...thats where i am going next ... nice shopping, nice food/bars, nice women/men to look at

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

i stayed in burbank last month for the tranny awards, was about 15min away in car to the club etc ....

burbank seemed relatively safe area just looked really boring and dull .. nothing to do there ... i stayed at the Safari Inn

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam