Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix News

Default Re: Fix News

IDK why ya'll break out these ratings like it means something. I mean look at Maury and Jerry Springer they both have HUGE ratings. My beef with Faux is how they claim to be fair and balanced! Which is a lie unless they say fair and balanced to the right then I would agree with that.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-weeks/122534/

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Was he born with that hairline?

I miss Freedom Watch.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I have a question(s) for someone who might know. Hannity and Colmes is no longer. Colmes goes on O'Reilly's show at least once a week but I have never seen him on Hannity's show once. I remember their last show and they described each other as friends even before the beginning of their partnership. Anybody know why he has never returned? If he has and I'm mistaken, please correct me. I could be wrong. Also, anybody know if O'Reilly and Hannity get along? They mention Greta all the time but seldom each other.

I still enjoy O'Reilly but can't stomach Hannity. Greta seemed to have Limbaugh on for the whole hour the other night. Nothing new in Aruba, I guess. I used to like her show when it was almost purely a legal show. They all got deep into cases that people were interested in. I think her Moose Stew got spiked.

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    IDK why ya'll break out these ratings like it means something. I mean look at Maury and Jerry Springer they both have HUGE ratings. My beef with Faux is how they claim to be fair and balanced! Which is a lie unless they say fair and balanced to the right then I would agree with that.

Miller Lite claims to "Taste great and less filling", its neither. Does that bother you too?

Quote Originally Posted by Faldur View Post
    Miller Lite claims to "Taste great and less filling", its neither. Does that bother you too?
    fair/fe(ə)r/

Adjective:In accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.
    Adverb:Without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage: "he played fair".
    Noun:A gathering of stalls and amusements for public entertainment.
    Verb:Streamline (a vehicle, boat, or aircraft) by adding fairings.
    Synonyms:adjective. just - equitable - honest - fine - beautiful - clear

bal·anced/ˈbalənst/

Adjective:
    • Keeping or showing a balance; arranged in good proportions.
    • Taking everything into account; fairly judged or presented.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america

Senior Member Silver Poster

The big thing to me about Fox is that it used to be the one network that would put on Republicans only and not give Equal time to Democrats. They got around that law by saying they're entertainment, or something. Now with MSNBC and Rachel Maddow and Oberman, the playing field has evened out. I was never a hard core Democrat til George W Bush got here. Even with their hot chicks, it's hard for me not to hit that remote on Fox after about 5 minutes. Greta, Megan, and a couple other hot chicks were Lawyers, and that alone keeps their logic more toward reality, but Hannity and O'Reilly both are former used car salesmen, or something, they aim at RATINGS.
    I like Colmes, but I didn't watch any Fox back then. You'll never hear the truth about what really goes on behind closed doors, I'm sure all the shows are heavily scripted, and I've LOOKED for super-embarassing Youtube clips, they're hard to find. Fox ain't LIVE.
    Nobody of any consequence on either Fox or MSNBC makes under 200grand or has less than a Master's Degree. So neither of them is the voice of Real America.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Silver Poster

Why doesn't Dick Morris (dickmorris.con) have to get caps like all the chicks do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	morris.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	460035  

World Class Asshole

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post

Again....you apparently don't have the intuitive ability to separate news from opinion/commentary. Hannity and the others never claimed to be balanced....they openly amidst their bias....unlike Tingles Matthews who outrageously said Friday he was a centrist....That's fucking hilarious. Even the left wing site mediate got a laugh out of that one. Several things.....

#1. Who do liberals try to convince us they're not?
    #2. Can you give me examples of news reporters like Shep Smith, Brett Bier, Chris Wallace, John Roberts, Harris Faulkner ( a hot sista btw...) etc. Not gaffs..........bias. If you can't then I'm left to assume you can't discern the difference between news and op-ed, or that you're just a Fox hater...which is your prerogative.
    With respect to ratings....it drives everything....revenue, advertising, salary. I notice TV personalities who don't have them act like they don't care.....trust me...they care. And BTW speaking of ratings...O'reilly actually beat NBC in the 8 PM hour last week. I guess folks are tired of looking at Brian Williams pampas liberal mug on Rock Center!!

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

OOPS>>>> More "journalists" caught not being fair and balanced...But you go ahead and keep monitoring Fox News.LMAO
    You fuckers haven't a clue ..........

Wisconsin Journalists Signed Walker Recall Petitions

Email Article
    Print Article Send a Tip

by William Bigelow 1 hour ago 1post a comment
    In an ironic twist, Gannett Wisconsin Media acknowledged this past weekend that nine employees at its Post-Crescent newspaper had signed petitions to recall Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. This was after Genia Lovett, the president and publisher of the Post-Crescent, had trumpeted the “watchdog journalism” of its employees after they printed a story outlining how 29 Wisconsin circuit judges had signed petitions to recall Walker. Lovett admitted the employees were wrong:

It was wrong, and those who signed were in breach of Gannett’s Principles of Ethical Conduct for Newsrooms … the principle at stake is our core belief that journalists must make every effort to avoid behavior that could raise doubts about their journalistic neutrality.

Yet Lovett also defended the signers of the petition, averring, “None of the employees serves on the investigative team, nor are any of the Appleton employees reporters or assigning news editors.” And the journalists who signed the petition defended themselves by insisting that they did not consider signing the petition a political act. They equated it to casting a ballot in an election.

But this petition is specifically designed to make the votes previously cast for Scott Walker invalid. To claim the right to sign a petition because it is the same as a ballot, then turn around and use the petition to invalidate real ballots isn’t just irrational, it’s dishonest.

The real lie here, though, is that objective journalism is common practice. It isn’t. Ideological journalism is. And that’s why citizen journalism is so vital – our opinion certainly matter as much as those of the self-proclaimed elite who may have attended journalism school but make no qualms about utilizing their positions to push their views.

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Tbut Hannity and O'Reilly both are former used car salesmen, or something
    Well... actually:

Bill O'Reilly earned a BA in History at Marist College, played semi pro baseball, taught English and History at Monsignor Pace High School for 2 years, received a Masters of Arts in broadcast journalism at Boston University. Returned to Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government where he earned a Master of Public Administration.

Hannity on the other hand, basically sold used cars.