Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Is Alex Jones Worth Listening To Or No?

I wouldn't watch him for informed news but maybe as a research project to illuminate some of the dangers presented by like-minded folks.

A worthwhile purpose would be to minimize your gross total exposure to him, his viewers and those subject to the same strains of thinking. The easy solution would be not to watch at all, but by avoiding them in that way they simply appear in other fora. You'll recognize their nutty, anti-government movements and have to develop a learning curve for neutralizing their pathological beliefs so that they don't win converts from among the sane.

But basically I would never trust anything that comes out of this clown's mouth and his version of the news is a veritable training course in how to sound like a paranoid schizophrenic without being one.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Hey, did you know the NRA is a secret government organization dispensing guns to put downward pressure on population growth. It's true. I've got government documents to prove it. Four out of five voices in my head agree.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Hey, did you know the NRA is a secret government organization dispensing guns to put downward pressure on population growth. It's true. I've got government documents to prove it. Four out of five voices in my head agree.
    funny

I've seen too much of alex jones' lies to believe anything he says. That said, SOME of what he says has a grain of truth.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Depends by what you mean by worth. if its validation of imbecilic views you're after, then this is your man. if its an insight into the mind set of what I sincerely hope is NOT a significant part of the US populace then it is worth listening to. If you are smug in your liberal views and simply want to see him as an amusing lunatic then he is worth watching. If you are concerned about the sort of direction the lunacy of the right can take then he is worth watching. If you want to be entertained by his rants, then he is worth watching.

But for information, for an inkling of what is true, for anything other than a frightening or laughable farrago of total stupidity, no he is not worth watching.

The one group i DO hope are watching him are the FBI.

Last edited by Prospero; 01-19-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Correcting grammar

Very interesting. The video makes a good point about AJ. Plus I found the whole channel to be very interesting too. Thanks!

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

He is good for a sick laugh....

Senior Member Platinum Poster

If there is something positive to say its that Alex Jones looks good in a dress...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.