Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Is Alex Jones Worth Listening To Or No?

My short concentration span means I'll have to wait to check this guy out totally, but if he doesn't screen calls, HOW REFRESHING. It's dawned on me lately how little I really know and that really READING a newspaper can put you right on the top of what's really going on. All in one place in a daily manner. I've also been listening to conservative talk radio in my car. God, are people really that stupid?
    Hadn't heard of Alex Jones til now, much like Dino's favorite music. ha ha.

World Class Asshole

Ts Model Ashley Grey Rookie Poster GreyAshes's Avatar

I think jones makes some interesting points, but when he turns around and theres an article about how gays are fullfilling satans plan and etc. it tends to turn me the other way.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Is he worth listening to?. if you find this kind of total tosh entertaining, then he surely is. If you find knowing what the idiots think and believe then yes. But otherwise - whoa....this guy is a right-wing conspiracy theory lunatic. An articulate moron. Scarey that plenty believe this drivel.

Trish I fear that attacking those who believe in the resurrection of Christ is counterproductive and is just going to make them see red and not listen to your otherwise reasonable and focused analysis of these kooks.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Maybe the issue here is not Alex Jones in particular, but a syndrome of conspiracy theory that he represents, because it has been part of the American experience for so long. The comedian/presenter Tony Robinson fronted a programme on Channel 4 in the UK which took apart The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and attempted to debunk the theory that Freemasons organised the American Revolution for their own benefit -which is why Washington DC is a map of Freemasonry and why so many Masonic symbols appear on US banknotes -because this secret society OWNS AMERICA...(link at the end of this post).

There is an unusual source for the discussion on conspiracy theory in the USA in Tony Tanner's survey of post-1945 American fiction, City of Words (1971), in Appendix Three where he refers to the linguistic theory of Benjamin Whorf; and also the discussion on theories of the self in Appendix Five. Having discussed numerous novels in which individuals have problems of communication, alienation from society, alienation from themselves, a belief that they are minor figures in a connected system whose machinery they can't quite see, Tanner argues that this creates a belief that things are happening which are beyond the control of simple individuals, but are being orchestrated by 'higher powers', as if what had once been attributed to God or the gods, was now in the power of an organised cabal of faceless men in suits.

Perhaps because so many diverse people with diverse languages live in the USA, it is easy for one person to feel left out of a community if they don't speak the language (and they may even be from that community); perhaps because there are layers of government in the USA: the city, the state, the Fed; and because in the USA there are elites as there are everywhere else, who make decisions in secret on the golf course, in the Club, over a whisky late at night and so on -and most of these conspiracies I suspect are about contracts involving lots of $$$, or getting your boy Fred into a prestigious law firm- it is easy for people to wonder what is going on behind closed doors, and assume that it is affecting their lives without their knowledge or permission.

Where I think Alex Jones misses something obvious, is that a lot of the Federal legal instruments he complains about as attacks on free speech, are published, they are not secret, so I don't see how they can be classed as a conspiracy. As for 9/11, again, Bin Laden said he would attack the USA and he did, they had tried to bring down the WTC before so it was not even an original idea; it was not a secret. Al-Qaeda had been attacking the US on a regular basis for years which is why it was on the CIA's radar -sometimes the dots just don't add up in time for someone to see the whole picture and take decisive action.

Most people most of the time are passive recipients of what they are told, and have no interest in politics anyway; its easy to imagine them being led by the nose; and it is never possible with modern government to join up all the dots anyway, the reality is that the truth is messy, it has fuzzy edges.

The Lost Symbol
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/d...es-1/episode-1

You have to be in the USA to hear the McLaughlin group, but I love it when Pat Buchannon SLAPS down Monica Crowley. Buchannon has been around since before Nixon, he's insane right, but he's smart and funny. He once split a fifth of Wild Turkey with Hunter S Thompson debating communism. Monica Crowley is the WORST of the Fox news Parrots, God, and over on that channel everything is set up, even their arguments. So when smart insider Pat Buchannon tells it like it is, he believes it 100%, and even if he's coo-coo, or racist, he states his facts. Newbie Bret Baier on Fox seems pretty sharp too.
    I did plenty of Acid in my impressionable youth, and I ache for an alternate universe that trumps this one, but I really doubt Alex Jones comes from it.

World Class Asshole

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Again, I would like to thank everyone for their input. Thank you.

I do think if you want to graduate to Heaven you write your thesis on Satan, but these talk show guys sold out for fame and fortune long ago, they end up talking about themselves, ala Mickey Rourke in Angel Heart.

World Class Asshole

5 Star Poster

we have 2gb in Aussie very working class and they hate the trendy lefties.Ray Hadley is an ex taxi driver mostly trades people and truckies call up and vent their hatred of our communist government.best radio station

live with honour

5 Star Poster

nothing fancy mancy about that station

live with honour

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Alex Jones with Dick Gregory. Watch this.