Page 6 of 235 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in hite suburbia?

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    It's funny (pathetically so) how you're more concerned that an British guy, who has lived in the USA for over 35% of his life and is on the mailing list for change.org, has posted something that he thinks is a problem and people should sign the petition, rather than the actual situation itself?
    The Mark Dugan case is irrelevant to this one.
    It's pathetic that you think a young black male shot dead by British police while riding in a cab over a year ago, with no one brought to trial and a neverending investigation is irrelevant.

It sounds at the very least like a similar situation, and much more like a government institution covering up a crime. But you see, I'm just curious if you had circulated any petitions or had any opinions on the incident, I guess we have your opinion on it now.

What I'm not going to do is assume I know anything about what goes on across the pond, or how the police conduct an investigation over there. It has been almost a year right? And just a month in the Sanford, FL case.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post
    It's pathetic that you think a young black male shot dead by British police while riding in a cab over a year ago, with no one brought to trial and a neverending investigation is irrelevant.

It sounds at the very least like a similar situation, and much more like a government institution covering up a crime. But you see, I'm just curious if you had circulated any petitions or had any opinions on the incident, I guess we have your opinion on it now.

What I'm not going to do is assume I know anything about what goes on across the pond, or how the police conduct an investigation over there. It has been almost a year right? And just a month in the Sanford, FL case.
    It's just not RELEVANT to this issue.
    As I've stated I've lived longer in the USA than many Americans but even if I hadn't, this case is very disturbing (much more than the Mark Dugan one). I don't need to go playing "tit for tat" on murders of "young black men" just because I'm "across the pond".
    News is international.

I fail to see how a young man walking back to his families house, carrying no weapons and is killed by a civilian to:

"Officers of the Metropolitan Police stopped a cab which was carrying Duggan as a passenger at about 18:15 BST on 4 August 2011 to attempt to arrest him.In the course of the ensuing incident, the police fired twice, killing Duggan with a single gunshot to the chest.
    The IPCC had commissioned tests on the pistol by the Forensic Science Service and had received advice that it was an illegal firearm.
    The gun was wrapped in a sock, a practice allegedly used to avoid leaving evidence if it was used."

If you've a problem with the Mark Dugan case then open it in a new thread. Don't be a douche thinking there is anything more underlying here, because I'm not an American, to a very disturbing incident that I added my name a poll and would like others to.

Dungeon Master Veteran Poster StinkyPete1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunshyneMonroe View Post
    This is very sad but im sure there is more too the story be prob was gonna rob someone..
    What?! Why? What is that statement based on? Unbelievable. You just admit that you need more info then assume he was going to rob someone. I hope that wa sarcasm, because if it wasn't, it's just sad.

Banned Forever! Professional Poster DarylWashington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunshyneMonroe View Post
    This is very sad but im sure there is more too the story be prob was gonna rob someone..
    That's the LAST thing I thought YOU'D say lol.

Default Re: 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

It kills me when "White" men, who have NEVER experienced racism have an opinion about a situation that was clearly racially motivated. Until you're harrased by copsn asking you where you're going in a perdominately white neighborhood when YOU LIVE THERE - until you're a white collar professional, in charge of a million dollar business; I could care less what you think. This kid was killed because he was black.

Lets just say that it would be a lot harder for a white kid to be shot under those circumstances.

On this forum, has anyone yet pointed out that Zimmerman is Latino?

Wow! Look at my cat avatar!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Zimmerman was a self appointed neighborhood watch captain. Sounds to me like he was just dying to play vigilante/enforcer before this even happened. When he called the police before he shot Trayvon Martin, he was recorded as saying that "these assholes always get away".

He also had a bad reputation in the very community he elected himself to "protect". And he's had his own problems with the law. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1340358.html

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabaldone View Post
    I could care less what you think. This kid was killed because he was black.
    And this kid was attacked because he was white, ( though for some reason, it wasnt classified a hate crime)

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...eating31m.html

and they were attacked because they were white; ( no hate crime classification)

http://www.ohio.com/news/akron-polic...amily-1.142665

And much as you are convinced the Sanford teen was shot because of the color of his skin, even though no racial motive, no racial slurs, etc I also feel that the incident in Knoxville was racially motivated. Everyone entitled to an opinion.

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Violent piece of shit assholes everywhere, and I dont think any race has a monoply on it.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yourdaddy View Post
    When it's 80 plus degrees and someone is wearing a sweatshirt/hoodie in a gated community, they start out looking suspicious. NO ONE knows what kind of crap that kid gave the guard. Black teenagers are the most disrespectful group of kids in the world.
    It happened on a rainy night.